IGNORED

Site Upgrade

Hi Guys - The site has been upgraded to a new version of software. It enables some really great features that I'll be implementing shortly. Please bare with any hiccups we may incur in the next few days. No data was lost including user post count etc... I'll have it back on the forum in a few hours :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Thanks to PeterSt for letting me know about some minor kinks, that have since be remedied. If anyone else notices something wrong or has a question about the way the site is functioning please comment in this thread.

Note: If the forums are not displaying the way you want please make an adjustment using the Comment Viewing Options at the top and bottom of forum thread page.

Here is a picture of what it looks like. Please don't try to adjust the setting by clicking on this picture :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Hi Chris

Have you considered the possibility of providing "emoticons" such as "Wink" , "smile" "grin","shocked" etc.

Sometimes the meaning of words can be misinterpreted, and a simple addition like that, often gives a clearer intention of what the poster is trying to get across, without confrontation.

Regards

Alex

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

Nothing really bothering expect for some sponsors maybe. This is the subscriptions overview (see attachment). Maybe has been there for always.

IE6

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

Question:

Seems like that, in the past, whenever we'd edit a post (sometimes happens 2 or 3 times before we get it right :) ) the email subscription alert system would rebroadcast each edit, and our email inboxes would fill with basically redundant posts. Is this still the case (it isn't with many other forum servers)?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris - Only yesterday I found that the Preview *does* work at creating a new thread. And ... you may be looking at that instead of replying to an existing thread ?

IOW, the Reply still doesn't allow the Preview. Maybe you are not aware of that ...

Peter

(IE6)

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

• 4 weeks later...

Chris,

What about adding Owner sections that are split into Manufacturers. With Empirical, Weiss, XX High End, Wavelength and Sonic Studios on this site it would be great as CA is the leading Computer Audio forum.

Thoughts? Anyone else think it's good?

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos