IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

The last number in the chain is the specific ID your network router assigns to each connected device - Oppo, computer, tablet, smartphone, whatever is in range and connected to your network at the time.

Routers assign these addresses dynamically. So if you powered off your Oppo, then connected with your phone or laptop, it's possible the phone or laptop got assigned the address the Oppo previously had, so when your turned the Oppo back on and it rejoined your network, your router had to give it a different address.

However, getting reassigned a new IP address twice in a week seems a bit frequent to me - usually these addresses reset/renew once a week at the very most. So another possibility is that when you turn the Oppo back on and rejoin the network, your router doesn't realize it's same device, so it keeps the old address reserved and assigns the Oppo - what the router thinks is a "new" and different Oppo - a new address.

It's really nothing to worry about either way, except for the minor inconvenience. It just forces you to fire up the Oppo Media Control app (or use a network-mapping utility on your computer) each time you want to rip an SACD, so you can see what the player's current IP address is.

I believe that for the past 10 years or so, all Macs have been able to auto-detect direct connections, making a crossover cable unnecessary as you say; I presume Windows PCs and Linux machines have the same capability.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Thanks One and a half.

I turned off My Network - no difference. I even powered the Oppo off and back on, and restarted the PC.

I pinged the IP address for several minutes - no timeouts or problems.

The IP address is entered manually - no difference. I powered the Oppo off and back on as well as restarted the PC.

...the mystery continues....

Scraping the barrel now. How about reverting the beta software in the OPPO to the last stable official version.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

You should using package from Maldur's post: link. This one is specific for bdp-160/170/80fd

Thanks tymoxa, I had exactly the same problem as kelvin gilmore had on my brand new Pioneer BDP-80FD which I purchased yesterday from BestBuy. After downloading the package from Maldur's post, I was able to rip a couple of single layer discs.

However, my BDP-80FD has problem reading most hybrid discs, only defaulting to the CD layer. Press the CD/SACD button on the remote had no effect. For those hybrid discs it read, it displayed "SACD" after closing the tray and I was able to switch between different layers.

Also, the player hanged a few time already during shutdown, similar to what was described in the Amazon reviews. I had to unplug to reset it.

Could other owners of BDP-80FD please comment on this. I wonder if I got a defective unit, or rather I haven't set it up properly. Thanks.

now it works with the right files

was getting tired of the playstation

thanks very much

Are you having any problems with multi-layer discs defaulting to cd layer and not SACD layer. Did you have to change a setting in the menu to default to SACD on the 80fd?

Thanks tymoxa, I had exactly the same problem as kelvin gilmore had on my brand new Pioneer BDP-80FD which I purchased yesterday from BestBuy. After downloading the package from Maldur's post, I was able to rip a couple of single layer discs.

However, my BDP-80FD has problem reading most hybrid discs, only defaulting to the CD layer. Press the CD/SACD button on the remote had no effect. For those hybrid discs it read, it displayed "SACD" after closing the tray and I was able to switch between different layers.

Also, the player hanged a few time already during shutdown, similar to what was described in the Amazon reviews. I had to unplug to reset it.

Could other owners of BDP-80FD please comment on this. I wonder if I got a defective unit, or rather I haven't set it up properly. Thanks.

Is there is a setting to always default to SACD when loading a hybrid disc?

This one works too!

I purchased a Pioneer Elite BDP-80FD and successfully ripped my first SACD with it. This is a good option for a lower cost player available in the US. I was able to find an Amazon warehouse deal for a "used" one under $150, though there are none that low at the moment. It will be nice not to have to worry about my PS3 which seems to die once a year.

Are you having any of the problems Anfield is having?

Hello everyone,

Now that I'm able to back-up my (store bought) SACD's to .ISO files, where's an appropriate place on the forum to discuss creating 'continuous' DSF files?

Many thanks

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY

I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 

My Network Layout and A/V Gear
Hello everyone,

Now that I'm able to back-up my (store bought) SACD's to .ISO files, where's an appropriate place on the forum to discuss creating 'continuous' DSF files?

Many thanks

By "continuous" do you mean one large album file or do you mean tracks that are gapless?

Are you having any of the problems Anfield is having?

I've ripped three discs, all hybrid (the rest of my collection was already ripped with a PS3). The sacd ISOs ripped just fine. I didn't notice any problem shutting down, but I'm only using this as a ripping machine and didn't pay that much attention when I shut it down. . I did not adjust any cd/sacd priority option in the menu(assuming that is an option).

Hi Ted,

Ideally, one large/long dsf file.

Then extract to DFF edit master (an option in Sonore's ISO2DSD GUI) and then convert to DSF using Jussi's DFF2DSF (although there is less reason to go to DSF since you are not tagging tracks).

Sonore APPS - ISO2DSD

Signalyst

Another option is to simply play the ISO via players that allow this (JRiver for example) since you have the advantage of a large tickless gapless file yet the cue sheet-like support of individual track listings. If you don't want to have to bother with those ISOs that have both stereo and multichannel track listings, set up a simple view in JRIver that has two simple rules (file type is SACD, channels less than or equal to TWO, or conversely for multichannel, greater than or equal to THREE).

Is there is a setting to always default to SACD when loading a hybrid disc?

This is the setting used for that with my Sony BDP-S790:

S790_Settings.jpg

There might be a similar setting on your machine.

By "continuous" do you mean one large album file or do you mean tracks that are gapless?

I'm getting ready to order my Pioneer BDP-170 quite soon.

Will there be a problem with gapless multi-channel titles, such as Pink Floyd's DSOTM or WYWH with it?

No, and gapless is more a function of the playback software. Or play back the ISO and gapless is a default (although I only know of JRiver and maybe A+ as being able to play SACD ISOs).

No, and gapless is more a function of the playback software. Or play back the ISO and gapless is a default (although I only know of JRiver and maybe A+ as being able to play SACD ISOs).

Foobar2000 was the first software player (although it is even more than a mere player) to properly/losslessly play DSD and SACD .iso. It is continuously under development and is free, so why does it seem to not get mentioned as much as it should here?

BTW I have no affiliation with Foobar2000, nor any friendship with its' development team. I just appreciate how good it is at playing any file, of any format except video, I give it. It is a good audio tool box too, not just a player, but to make the best of it you need to install all the plugins you need.

Although it is Windows only and that maybe why Ted, being a Mac man tends to ignore it.

Commercial break over. :)

www.realafrica.net

Foobar2000 was the first software player (although it is even more than a mere player) to properly/losslessly play DSD and SACD .iso. It is continuously under development and is free, so why does it seem to not get mentioned as much as it should here?

BTW I have no affiliation with Foobar2000, nor any friendship with its' development team. I just appreciate how good it is at playing any file, of any format except video, I give it. It is a good audio tool box too, not just a player, but to make the best of it you need to install all the plugins you need.

Although it is Windows only and that maybe why Ted, being a Mac man tends to ignore it.

Commercial break over. :)

WRT p1, I've always wondered that as well. It almost seems a conspiracy of silence is at work here, but I think not.

In my system, there are two settings to enable gapless playback. First is in Foobat2000 Preferences menu and secondly, a box to tick in BubbleUPnP Server setup. Works quite well.

Then extract to DFF edit master (an option in Sonore's ISO2DSD GUI) and then convert to DSF using Jussi's DFF2DSF (although there is less reason to go to DSF since you are not tagging tracks).

Sonore APPS - ISO2DSD

Signalyst

I suppose I could use Sonore's 'DSDDIFF Edit Master' mode along with it's (or my own) Cue file for use with my Oppo BDP-103 player.

I'll give it a go and report back ;)

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY

I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 

Ideally, one large/long dsf file.

Korg Audiogate can join multiple files and convert to DSF on one shot, when needed.

Sorry, english is not my native language.

Fools and fanatics are always certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.

Well I've hit a stumbling block. My Oppo has no problems playing the 2 channel .dsf tracks that Sonore creates. But it does not seem to like the 2 channel .dff files that Sonore creates!

Has anyone else experienced this playback behavior on their Oppos?

Good luck with that. OPPOs are very picky about cue sheets.

I can't say I've had too much of a problem with this. I've backed-up all my audio CD to Flac with Cue sheets and they work okay ;)

Well I've hit a stumbling block. My Oppo has no problems playing the 2 channel .dsf tracks that Sonore creates. But it does not seem to like the 2 channel .dff files that Sonore creates!

IIRC, OPPO is unable to play DST .dff tracks. So you'll need to check "Convert DST to DSD" before pushing "Execute" button.