IGNORED

Other then Tidal,what is the best?

How long does it take until people understand that asking for "the best" does not make any sense, until they tell us best what! In terms of streaming services this could be "biggest selection of titles overall , classic music , jazz , hiphop or god knows what is your favourite music . Or it could be sound quality. On low bandwith connection or on T1 backbone. Or best proce ? Or best looking website ?

I would suggest to block automatically all requests for "the best" .

How long does it take until people understand that asking for "the best" does not make any sense, until they tell us best what! In terms of streaming services this could be "biggest selection of titles overall , classic music , jazz , hiphop or god knows what is your favourite music . Or it could be sound quality. On low bandwith connection or on T1 backbone. Or best proce ? Or best looking website ?

I would suggest to block automatically all requests for "the best" .

How long does it take before people realize best means all of the above and I think I said best quality anyways! They all are going to have a variety music. More then I could ever listen to in a life time.

For me, Qobuz all the way. By FAR.

It is available "anywhere". Just email them and they can manually add you.

Mac Mini Late 2014 (16G/SSD) w Uptone JS-2 w OWC Thunderbay 4 Mini RAID (JS-2) / Roon

Aqua LinQ w EtherCon cable (Ghent) w Uptone EtherRegen w Uptone JS-2

Aqua Formula xHD w Ocellia RCA Interconnect & Shunyata Delta NR

Kora TB 200 Integrated Amplifier w Audio Art Power Cable

Magico V2 w Ocellia speaker cables w Shunyata Dark Field Elevator & JL Audio E-Sub e110 X 2

All equipment, including subwoofer on Modulum platforms (modulumaudio.com)

Hey Now,

You are out of luck because Tidal is the best. There might be a second best for you [emoji39].

--

Finest kind,

Chris

If I could pay for Tidal through Paypal I would do it. I've heard horror stories about once they have your credit card that it's hard to cancel if you wish to do so. I did the trial and like it.

Well what CD? I'm confused...

Okay, I could have written "album". The info sheet, which comes along with the album/CD, when you buy it physically. I appreciate this, because meta data of all streaming services is rather bad when it comes to classical music. The booklet gives the neccessary information, often containing essays on the subject.

If I could pay for Tidal through Paypal I would do it. I've heard horror stories about once they have your credit card that it's hard to cancel if you wish to do so. I did the trial and like it.

I've subscribed to Tidal twice using a credit card and had no problem at all canceling either time.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

Paying via PayPal is not really any different from using a credit card as far as risk. Credit cards issued from credible banks have fraud protection, so if you continue to be charged after cancellation just dispute the charge and the issuing bank will take care of it for you.

For me, Qobuz all the way. By FAR.

It is available "anywhere". Just email them and they can manually add you.

Not true. I asked them nicely to add me manually and they said they would not because U.S. is not yet their market. Coming soon, they promised . . .

I'd benefit from a step by step VPN tutorial. I've tried that too, but qobuz site denied me access.

Never had any issue with cancelling ... You click the cancel button and your account works until the date you paid upto.

I'm pretty sure you can pay via PayPal of you want.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.