IGNORED

Who are You Going to See?

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Jud said:

WNEW.  Alison Steele, The Night Bird. Dave Herman, who I started listening to in 1968 on WMMR in Philly. Scott Muni, who read ads for "St. Joseph and his Holy Aspirin."

Ah, memories. :)

They were so good at what they did. 

What a time to be a radio DJ with all that talent walking in the door everyday for the first radio play of a new recording. I remember WMMR from my years in PA, but can't remember anybody's name.

Did you know that apparently Dave Herman was a creep in the worst way?

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Jud said:

Call me silly, but I would be bored with the very same old (or young) face staring at me every morning.  I look forward with interest (if perhaps not absolute delight) to seeing changes.

The same with music.  With very few exceptions, too much repetition bores me.  I love discovering music that is new, or at least new to me.

I saw Steely Dan a few years ago. Playing live they sounded just like the orignal album when first released.  I fell asleep.

Keep smiling Jud!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
10 hours ago, Superdad said:

The only time I saw him live was with Chick Korea’s original Return to Forever band—in 1976–I was 14 years old!  I can still remember his unique fingering style.  

Enjoy the show!  :)

It was a great show full of the frenetically paced music know as the "jazz fusion" style. The lead moved from instrument to instrument where the current lead showed off the speed and dexterity of his play. Piano, bass, electric violin, drummer, synthetizer with real-time voice sampling and a genuine Afghani tabla all played with blurred fingers and high precision. Stanley Clarke was the oldest player by 30 years and he was obviously the most talented musician in this highly talented group.

My millennial kids came along and this was their first intro to jazz fusion. They were impressed. Chick Corea is playing there next weekend.  Hmmm.... 

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, ericuco said:

I saw them at the Ogden Theater in downtown Denver several years.

One of the oddest concerts I ever attended in that Margot was speaking between songs about how she wished she was back at her hotel curdled up in bed with her pajamas on (well, something along those lines). Very odd.

I once heard something similar from Diana Krall at a Fort Lauderdale concert hall. We walked out. The next night we saw Paul McCartney live. He was humble, gracious and gave a truly great performance. What a contrast.

My last two Cowboy Junkies concerts were completely professional. At the last concert some inebriated and very loud audience members distracted Margot. Thankfully these folks left at the intermission. The rest of the concert was spellbinding.