IGNORED

Who are You Going to See?

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Musicophile said:

How was it? I like her, but she’s quite controversial.

She played *really* well. Some might say she goes fast just for the effect, but her range of expressions and tone colors even at that kind of speed is amazing. Plus the Debussy Clair de Lune for the encore clearly shows that she isn't just about brute speed--she has the delicacy as well.

As for controversy, quick search on internet shows only one strongly negative review. It was for a Mussorgsky/Liszt recital from a few years back, which was described by the reviewer as "low-grade circus act". Interestingly, her Toronto recital last December was also Mussorgsky/Liszt. I don't see how this one can be called as low-grad circus act unless someone has axe to grind. Since I'm very familiar with Pictures at an Exhibition, Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2 and have heard Rhapsodie espangnole (Album of the Evening Feb 21, 2017), I'm not total newbie here. Looking deeper into the reviewer seems to indicate that he himself has a checkered and controversial history. Then again, I'm just Joe Blow off the street. What do I know right? :D

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, AudioDoctor said:

Now you're making fun of my Heritage too?  I don't know if I can take this level of disrespect...

CHRIS!!!!!!!  RALF's being mean to me!

Well, since Canada is a *much* bigger frozen sh#%$^!t hole than Norway, that one was obviously targeted at me, Ok?!

Now back on topic, will be going to see Quicksilver Baroque Ensemble on April 14. Can't wait... :D

• 2 months later...