IGNORED

Meridian Explorer2 Firmware Uploader Available

Hi Guys - Today Meridian released what it calls the Meridian DAC Uploader app for Windows and OS X. This will enable users to update the firmware of their DACs.

Can't wait until Thursday when the MQA firmware is released.

https://www.meridian-audio.com/support/personal-audio-support/explorer-2/

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Do you have a good ADC so that you could record the analog result of non-decoded vs decoded MQA? And then post a snippet of it.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Hi Kamil - So you have firmware v1717 installed?

What's happening?

I have v1717, latest OSX and MQA files from 2L. Both either Flac or aiff format do not work. No Roon but I have Audirvana. Cannot get the MQA indicator light to come on. Thanks!

Kamil

I have v1717, latest OSX and MQA files from 2L. Both either Flac or aiff format do not work. No Roon but I have Audirvana. Cannot get the MQA indicator light to come on. Thanks!

My guess is that you're not bit perfect to the DAC. Is the Audirvana doing any upsampling?

Thanks Chris.

I really haven't caught up the MQA bandwagon yet. I'm grateful folks like you are, though [emoji963]

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

When you play an MQA file, what LEDs (how many) light up on the Explorer2?

Got it to work on Audirvana. Apparently it has to play the .flac file itself. Unpacking the .flac to .aiff apparently was the problem. It does not work on the unpacked .flac ?

Lights are now blue, white, white.

Kamil

• 2 months later...

I finally decided to pick up a Meridian Explorer 2 so I can check out MQA. I assume mine came with the firmware already upgraded because the MQA Studio indicator is lighting up blue for me right out of the box. I am playing the FLAC files with Audirvana as well.

I haven't had a chance to do any serious comparisons between MQA and high-res just yet, but I will check out some of the 2L test tracks. Does anyone know if there are any pop or rock tracks available in MQA anywhere? I'm really interested to hear whether there is an audible difference there.