IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

1 hour ago, clar2391 said:

Very nice!  Is there a setting to increase the streaming to HiRez?  I've logged into Qobuz with my Sublime+ account using Linn Kazoo, but all I'm getting is 320kbps..

I'm testing the fix now. I'll get with Andrew on implementing it this week. 

• 4 weeks later...

Both t

6 hours ago, rodrigaj said:

You ought to hear the difference between Airplay > Airport Express > toslink and Shareport > uRendu > USB. Holy cow, what a difference! Soundstage, texture, timbre, etc... across the board improvement.

I'm in the process of evaluating IDAGIO and PRIMEPHONIC Classical only streaming services. They do not support DLNA or have setups like Spotify connect, and they are not integrated in A+ or Lumin App, so I am stuck with Airplay. The uRendu makes these music services worth it for me. I would not say that if I had to use my Airport Express.

(I know this is a microRendu thread, but I think what I say holds true as well for the mR)

Both the micro and ultra use the same version of Shairport for streaming via the Airplay protocol. This App was updated and improved about a year ago and feedback on it has been very positive. Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

What about with Audirvana playing to Rendu in UPnP mode? Does Audirvana behave similar to Roon Core and HQP Server in this case, i.e. A+ does the decoding and the Rendu acts like a pass through device?

RoonReady and NAA talk to Linux ALSA which outputs to your device. When you use A+ or JRiver PCM goes through MPD which then talks to Linux ALSA which outputs to your device. Remember though some UPnP streams can be FLAC or MP3 so MPD stands ready to decode these. Either way there is an application which receives the data and talks to ALSA.

2 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Looks like no Black Friday from Sonore. 

I was hoping for the Signature Rendu SE to be offered. 

We are involved, but it’s hard to manage fixed inventory for a sale over two different websites so we have just one landing page over at Small Green Computer. If you don’t see what you are looking for just let us know. 

2 hours ago, left channel said:

Good luck with the lead @barrows just posted!

The Sonore contribution to Black Friday include both 'Rendus and the ultraDigital, in sale packages offered by Small Green Computer: https://www.smallgreencomputer.com/collections/black-friday-cyber-monday

The last package has an Signature Rendu in it...

What is selling very well is bundle #3

PS Audio i2s Bundle (ultraRendu, ultraDigital, and two 7V Linear Power Supplies) - $1149 (Save $371) - The perfect way to take advantage of the I2S Input on your PS Audio DAC

BTW Its really LVDS i2s and it also works with other LVDS i2s DACs like Holo Spring, LKS, Gustard, and W4S.

1 hour ago, R1200CL said:

@vortecjr @agillis

I was ready to purchase, but I just notice that the LPS-1.2 actually requires 36 W minimum. 

So so I suppose I will need something else.

They are not intended for use as a charger for LPS-1 series. 

If you updated today you would have got some new things coming in because we are always working behind the scene. The DLNA / MPD protocol was recently updated and inorder to work with the Lumin APP you have to go to Settings / DLNA / MPD and select it and press Save. You can switch to Roon if you like, but this is very stable. 

Quote of the day:

This is uninitiated honest feedback from a customer...

"I think, and my personal testing bears out, Roon sounds better when you have the Core on the network in a different room talking to a Roon Enpoint (I prefer the ultraRendu). The NUC is electrically much noisier than the microRendu or ultraRendu and that does not help sound quality."

FYI I fixed a spelling mistake (in red) in the quote. 

**Inventory update**

The microRendu is now back in stock and we have B-Stock microRendu available for purchase. The B-Stock microRendu have new processors, new mSD cards, new cases, new boxes, new warranty cards, and recertified I/O boards. 

The Rendu project’s software is always being worked on so depending where you left off there have been a lot of updates. Currently, we are on version 2.7 of SonicOrbiter. Not sure what your issue was with JRiver. On our end to enable the MPD DLNA output all that is needed is to go to Settings and press Save.