IGNORED

Mytek new dac Brooklyn.

How are you seeing this? I'm not seeing it.

Last week i've just found Latency and buffer can be adjusted on its control panel.

That's great. It lets me can choose more sound style which match i taste. Excellent!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28416[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28417[/ATTACH]

How are you seeing this? I'm not seeing it.

Hi..

You have to install Brooklyn control panel (available on Mytek website) and also firmware upgrade there.

Then you will see them. ^^

I think the sound is better if you set it properly.

for latency, i used standard and 128 for buffer.

If you set them too low, it will sound thin, too bright .

If you set them too much, it will dull, too warm, transparency loss. ^^

DAC - Mytek Brooklyn, Intona High Speed Isolator.Int.Amp - ATC SIA2 150,SP - ATC SCM19, Sub - Paradigm SW2200

Source - Audio PC, Core i7 4785T 2.2Ghz, 8G PPA RAM, Samsung 850pro , WD Black HDD, JCAT USB card, PPA BLACK SATA Cable, HDPLEX H5 gen2 case, LPSu - Uptone JS-2 for DAC and USB Card - TeraDak ATX350W for PC, OS wins2012R2, Audio Optimizer, Fidelizer Pro, ASIO JPLAY, Foobar2000+Ramdisk, Hq player, SP cable - JPS superconductor2, Analog interconnect - Harmornic Tech Magic link III, USB cable - JCAT twin cable, Power cable - JPS kaptivator for Uptone JS-2 forDAC and USB card, Wireworld electra7 for PC, Wireworld electra7 silver for Amp, Magnet 2000 power line stabilzer and conditioner for DAC,PC

12932837_1700967073514123_7525078827891555851_n.jpg

Actually I do already have the latest firmware and the control panel ( I realize I didn't make that clear ) and am not seeing any option in the control panel.

Ohh.. I forgot something. My friend didn't see it too and he said Brooklyn contro; panel on windows and mac is different.

Do you use mac? May be it's only available on wins.

DAC - Mytek Brooklyn, Intona High Speed Isolator.Int.Amp - ATC SIA2 150,SP - ATC SCM19, Sub - Paradigm SW2200

Source - Audio PC, Core i7 4785T 2.2Ghz, 8G PPA RAM, Samsung 850pro , WD Black HDD, JCAT USB card, PPA BLACK SATA Cable, HDPLEX H5 gen2 case, LPSu - Uptone JS-2 for DAC and USB Card - TeraDak ATX350W for PC, OS wins2012R2, Audio Optimizer, Fidelizer Pro, ASIO JPLAY, Foobar2000+Ramdisk, Hq player, SP cable - JPS superconductor2, Analog interconnect - Harmornic Tech Magic link III, USB cable - JCAT twin cable, Power cable - JPS kaptivator for Uptone JS-2 forDAC and USB card, Wireworld electra7 for PC, Wireworld electra7 silver for Amp, Magnet 2000 power line stabilzer and conditioner for DAC,PC

Ohh.. I forgot something. My friend didn't see it too and he said Brooklyn contro; panel on windows and mac is different.

Do you use mac? May be it's only available on wins.

Ahh, thanks, I do use a mac, but should be able to use bootcamp to connect. Thanks for the info!

I just updated to v2.20 and can no longer see this option.

Last week i've just found Latency and buffer can be adjusted on its control panel.

That's great. It lets me can choose more sound style which match i taste. Excellent!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28416[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28417[/ATTACH]

I just updated to v2.20 and can no longer see this option.

Haa? The new version came out?

How it sound? Is it better than the old?

Hi guys, I have a question.

I have trouble pausing an MQA file and restart playing after that. The Brooklyn shows an unstable MQA logo, eventually it even stays grey, or the sound halts completely (with HR stuff). I have reported this to Mytek, but I realize that I might be the sole person that feeds his Brooklyn with SPDIF to play MQA.

So, I wonder, is this odd behaviour an SPDIF issue or does it also happens with USB?

Marc

Hi guys, I have a question.

I have trouble pausing an MQA file and restart playing after that. The Brooklyn shows an unstable MQA logo, eventually it even stays grey, or the sound halts completely (with HR stuff). I have reported this to Mytek, but I realize that I might be the sole person that feeds his Brooklyn with SPDIF to play MQA.

So, I wonder, is this odd behaviour an SPDIF issue or does it also happens with USB?

Marc

Hi Marc,

Just checked. When I press pause the Brooklyn goes to 24 44.1 and when I press play it continues with 24 352.8. So here with usb no problem.

Robert-Jan

Hi..

You have to install Brooklyn control panel (available on Mytek website) and also firmware upgrade there.

Then you will see them. ^^

I think the sound is better if you set it properly.

for latency, i used standard and 128 for buffer.

If you set them too low, it will sound thin, too bright .

If you set them too much, it will dull, too warm, transparency loss. ^^

Is there an explanation for this? Why does it affect the sound ( mind you I haven't actually tried to see if it affects the sound, just going by above )? It seemed to me just looking at it that the latency just allows the clock to sync later and the buffer has to be large enough to allow for the latency or you will get dropped packets. If the buffer is large enough, why would there be a difference in sound? I'm probably not understanding the function of this, but was wondering. Thanks

Is there an explanation for this? Why does it affect the sound ( mind you I haven't actually tried to see if it affects the sound, just going by above )? It seemed to me just looking at it that the latency just allows the clock to sync later and the buffer has to be large enough to allow for the latency or you will get dropped packets. If the buffer is large enough, why would there be a difference in sound? I'm probably not understanding the function of this, but was wondering. Thanks

I can't describe it in technical term, bro.

I always tell friends " don't waste your time reading it while never hear it.

Like some topics such as " how can the expensive usb cables be better than standard cables?

You just go to your local shop with your cable and audition them.

Same same as this issue. Just try it yourself. ^^

Differing buffers size and latencies effect the frequency at which data needs to move through the system, and therefore the frequency of activity within the processor. Changes to SQ is the result.

Thanks Imitche ^^

It is better. Pops are gone when switching in high def. It was pretty loud esp dsd. Notes have other things but that's one I noticed.

Thanks for the information, audiovkk

I can't describe it in technical term, bro.

I always tell friends " don't waste your time reading it while never hear it.

Like some topics such as " how can the expensive usb cables be better than standard cables?

You just go to your local shop with your cable and audition them.

Same same as this issue. Just try it yourself. ^^

Youre right, much better in standard with more bass ( I've it at auto for buffer ). To bright and thin with lowest latency buffer settings.

Youre right, much better in standard with more bass ( I've it at auto for buffer ). To bright and thin with lowest latency buffer settings.

You should try to adjust buffer too, bro.

It's a combination of two (latency and buffer) that effect the sound.

Try it... Try it... Try it ^^

Maybe Mytek can change the defaults in next update.

Marc

Yes. Already changed.

Firmware 2.2 doesn't has buffer and latency drop down box.

Only 2.08 has it.