IGNORED

Mytek new dac Brooklyn.

Hi Marc - Ok, that's good to know. I would suggest opening a ticket as i think the more tickets Mytek gets I believe it should raise the priority and visibility of the incident. I really would like to know what is happening. The other interesting thing i noticed with my situation is the bit rate was higher as well, instead of 16 bit, it was reading 24 bit. I wish i could reproduce it.

I finally heard back again from Mytek support. Mytek said that they have been able to reproduce MQA "green" light without playing an actual MQA file. Mytek also said to ignore their comment regarding the "Master" setting in Tidal as it does Not exist. They will have a fix in the next firmware update for the MQA "green" light for non MQA files.

I also got such a message from Mytek support. Great service. The green light did not bother me, but it pointed to a bug. And we don't want bugs, do we?

As they have promised to repair it in the next update, I guess they also found the culprit.

Problem solved.

(In my professional years, this was called an incident, a problem was more severe and could live longer)

So, incident solved.

Marc

Agreed on the terminology regarding incident vs problem, ITIL:) I wasn't bothered by the bug either, in fact i was more intrigued by it than anything...almost as if they were experimenting with Tidal and other file types with MQA. Oh well, guess we will never know the true reason for this or it was just simply a bug...

I don't and didn't use Tidal, but I got that lovely green MQA nevertheless. It has something to do with starting up the Brooklyn, so I guess it's a small and nasty bug in the init procedure.

ITIL, yes, I wonder, do they use it at Mytek? I hope not. Programming used to be a lot of fun.

Marc

With 2.13 I get on and off results with MQA material. Nielssen piano music, original 24/44.1 gives sometimes the gray MQA logo. When I pause the music and start playing again, the logo gets blue, but flickers several seconds, then stays blue, but sometimes it turns to gray again, sometimes it stays blue although the music has stopped.

Another try with Bauckholt, original 24/352.8, gives the blue logo, but the display swaps to 44.1 several times, while MQA still shines.

If that peace is over, the MQA logo keeps shining. Now a humble 16 bit 44.1Khz flac file is playing, but the Brooklyn tells me it is actually 352.8 KHz and MQA avant la lettre.

It's a bit.... confusing.

Anyone else with such results?

Marc

Hi all just back from my vacation...

I left the Sbooster on and the Mytek..+ all the extras..... There seems to be a change to the sound. A bit wider and deeper base response.. IMHO very happy.

I did post to say the adapter pin out is up on the support page.

It's not in the manual look below were the windows 10 fix is located...

As mentioned you can buy the balanced adapter or make a special long one like I did....

Hope everyone is good and safe.

Kind regards

Dave

Sent from my SM-G900F using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Now it settled in a bit more and had a full 15 days on..

Mine is set @13v but I just use headphones and USB in.

Michal of Mytek said he uses this setting.

It's hard to judge what changes have been done by what....

My chain is now:

Power Tacima 6 way strip silver plate fuse. Mapleshade Cilclear.

Home made cable with silver plate IEC.

With a Synergistic research black 13a

SBOOSTER 13V + IFI DC PURIFIER.

Samsung S5 ..OTG cable.. SUPRA AB.

Ifi ipurifier 2 ...Intona...

Wireworld AB.

I added a lot fast the other was random buys..... In the future I will remove and experiment what's really working.

That dam fuse made a difference and I hate saying that....

Good luck

Dave

If you all want to hear the Brooklyn in all its glory, do yourself a favour and buy the Qualiaphysic 271SV psu :)

Not affiliated with the company whatsoever, just an happy customer.

In the beginning God made 'the light.'

Shortly thereafter God made three big mistakes.

The first mistake was called MAN, the second mistake was called WO-MAN, and the third mistake was the invention of THE POODLE.

If you all want to hear the Brooklyn in all its glory, do yourself a favour and buy the Qualiaphysic 271SV psu :)

Not affiliated with the company whatsoever, just an happy customer.

Did you compare it to other power supplies, such as sbooster or hdplex? Anyone else made any comparisons?

Did you compare it to other power supplies, such as sbooster or hdplex? Anyone else made any comparisons?

No comparisons were made. Just stock (internal) vs Qualiaphysic.

However I'm very confident that the Qualiaphysic will be much better than the other ones you've mentioned. It's a bold statement I know, but once you hear what this little box can do for your equipment it's hard not to get emotional :)

I've tested it with two DACS (Mytek Brooklyn and Exogal Comet), and got amazed both times. It's very very good.

In the beginning God made 'the light.'

Shortly thereafter God made three big mistakes.

The first mistake was called MAN, the second mistake was called WO-MAN, and the third mistake was the invention of THE POODLE.

Now it settled in a bit more and had a full 15 days on..

[...]

It's hard to judge what changes have been done by what....

My chain is now:

Power Tacima 6 way strip silver plate fuse.

[...]

That dam fuse made a difference and I hate saying that....

Good luck

Dave

How could you know now that only 1 day suffices to get the most out of your Brooklyn? Or even some hours?

And did you know that silver has it's own mind about what is right for music? It is not my kind of right, and perhaps also not your kind.

Marc

Hi Marc,

The Mytek seemed to change after a week of just using the IEC power connector. I fitted the Sbooster and the IFI DC PURIFIER about the same time.. Not a huge difference on first few days listening.

I was told the Linear supply needs some time for the caps to settle but can be just left on rather than run some music.

A day before I left for holiday I fitted a Synergistic research black fuse in a few hours it seemed to change the sound. The mytek and Sbooster had been left on all the time I was in Spain.

Coming back there has been an improvement to my ears...

The Mapleshade Cilclear silver contact grease was left over from experimenting with Deoxit on my OPPO HA1. I had good results on external as internal connectors. It really opened up the sound.

A lot of this is new like an LPS and DC PURIFIER and the Sbooster seemed a cheap way to try it out. Rather than spend more the the Brooklyn cost.

Time equipment or cleaning... It's hard to say what changed by what action..

Only removing parts would say..

I will state new isn't clean...

Clean is clean...This allows me to mess and ensure the little things are ok in the chain..

At the moment all I can say is it sounds better than before... What changed I can say it was this or that....

Happy so far though..

If anyone wants cleaning advice up to my Aerospace standard just ask...

Keep smiling

Dave

Probably going through the lawyer/ bean counter phase. I just hope that Apple keep thier sticky fingers off it...

What is phase for btw...

I get mono and balanced...

Some recordings are out of phase and the possibility to correct this without changing the plus and minus leads of the loudspeakercable is a nice option.

Robert-Jan

On headphones you could already switch phase by using the right jack (left in phase, right out of phase). I suppose for balanced you could switch phase by swapping the two jacks.

I'll try the function tonight.. I flashed the Brooklyn no issues before bed.

I am only using headphones so I will see if I can hear any changes.

Thanks RJ