IGNORED

Mytek new dac Brooklyn.

Gents I have bee doing some unprofessional tests on shielding on the Intona thread. We just tryed with 3 4 wraps of kitchen foil. It's advancing with people trying things... I thought why not on the S booster LPS that a few have here... The Booster 'Dongle' Square I foil wrapped that and I am sure it gave a little change. It's an easy test and it doesn't create any heat like the main case... If you are on a silly mood fold over X7 x8 thickness do a bit of cable as well and see if you hear anything.....Different or nothing just try and let us know. We are trying as it costs nothing and EMI RFI issues are unique to your environment.

Just trying new things but makes the kit look like a baked potato...Stage 2 better options if people come back with any positive results....

Cheers and have fun

Dave

Sent from my SM-G900F using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Yeah... I'm glad that you and some of us here have fun with it. ^^

Cheers...!!!!

DAC - Mytek Brooklyn, Intona High Speed Isolator.Int.Amp - ATC SIA2 150,SP - ATC SCM19, Sub - Paradigm SW2200

Source - Audio PC, Core i7 4785T 2.2Ghz, 8G PPA RAM, Samsung 850pro , WD Black HDD, JCAT USB card, PPA BLACK SATA Cable, HDPLEX H5 gen2 case, LPSu - Uptone JS-2 for DAC and USB Card - TeraDak ATX350W for PC, OS wins2012R2, Audio Optimizer, Fidelizer Pro, ASIO JPLAY, Foobar2000+Ramdisk, Hq player, SP cable - JPS superconductor2, Analog interconnect - Harmornic Tech Magic link III, USB cable - JCAT twin cable, Power cable - JPS kaptivator for Uptone JS-2 forDAC and USB card, Wireworld electra7 for PC, Wireworld electra7 silver for Amp, Magnet 2000 power line stabilzer and conditioner for DAC,PC

12932837_1700967073514123_7525078827891555851_n.jpg

I was hoping others had an effect with SBooster. I ordered the case for the Intona, I wanted to see if Booster owners here notice a difference with our simple cheap shield. Trying to improve what you have isn't a bad thing.

I just wasn't sure if it's an RFI EMI affect or me affect... You figured out it takes 8 layers to block Microwaves NAIDIVER

No Dr Sah. They are single pole and 3 pin...

You can use a single TRS 1/4 /6.3MM. 2 pole

OR

DUAL TRS conns depending on your headphone connector... I have 4 pin XLR TERMINATION

So I had to buy a 4 pin XLR FEMALE. + 2 × TRS 6.3MM Dual pole.

1472499525511.jpg

https://mytekdigital.com/hifi/support/

look at the bottom of page and open wiring diagram. . PDF

I bought a cheap multi meter for continuity checking the xlr female 4P and 6.5mm Trs x2 from Amazon gold plated. I had some cryogenic wire and I ordered some shoe laces parachord to strip out the string and make sleeving...

had a bit of heat shrink but electric tape works.

If you braid the wire get one piece over 4x the length you need.. fold in half then hook the loop on a nail. Knot the other end and put in an electric battery drill or a hand drill and twist.

then cut that in half..hey presto. .

2 twisted lengths for soldering. Continuity test and mark with tape follow the diagram on the Mytek PDF pin out... No ground wire needed..

Hope it helps all in £30 is with some messing about...

Dave

Congrats Dr Sah, I hope it lives up to your expectations and you enjoy it as much as we do...

Yes that's the cable but I can't say if it is wired to MYTEK Pinout....

I forgot about that one and mention it to John who was asking about the dual balanced.....

I have made additions but enjoy the model as is.

Good luck DOC...

kind regards

Dave ?

I've been enjoying my Brooklyn very much and as I mentioned before I'm using iFi USB3 as well as Qualia Physic. Just wanted to mention that in an exploratory moment I removed the expensive USB cable I introduced between computer and iFi and put back the stock cable that came with the iFi. And yes there was a significant, unmistakable difference. The stock cable is much better! I have swopped to and fro and there's no question. Could this be because the replacement was USB2 and the stock is USB3? Would that account for it?

Desktop: SonicTranporter i7, Ubiquiti switch, optical, OpticalRendu, Musician Pegasus, Linear Tube MicroZOTL 3, ZMF Verite Open

Main: SonicTransporter i7, Uniquiti switch, optical, EtherRegen, Lumin U1, Bricasti M3, Naim 252/250, DeVore Gibbon Nines