IGNORED

Mytek new dac Brooklyn.

Yes, interesting. I'm connected with AES Digital from my streamer to Brooklyn. I will try again after work to see if i can reproduce it. My thought was that Tidal implemented MQA streaming but i don't think that's the case...not yet anyway. I looked up your Olive device, seems like a great device. What's interesting is why Green,, because my understanding is that green indicates it recognizes MQA file type but is not decoding it.

- sean

Update from Mytek Support: Here's the response I received from support this morning - "Have you selected MASTER in Tidal settings? - it will light up the MQA in green". The problem with this for me is that i'm using the Lightning DS app on iPad pro with Aries streamer and i have no way of going into the Tidal Settings...

If Tidal does something already with MQA (I didn't think so), then that could make sense. In my situation I have no Tidal, I did not play anything that had something of MQA in it. First an iso (ripped DVD) with my AV-player, then some old fashioned FLAC's from cd's I had ripped years ago.

Should I open a ticket?

Marc

If Tidal does something already with MQA (I didn't think so), then that could make sense. In my situation I have no Tidal, I did not play anything that had something of MQA in it. First an iso (ripped DVD) with my AV-player, then some old fashioned FLAC's from cd's I had ripped years ago.

Should I open a ticket?

Marc

Hi Marc - Ok, that's good to know. I would suggest opening a ticket as i think the more tickets Mytek gets I believe it should raise the priority and visibility of the incident. I really would like to know what is happening. The other interesting thing i noticed with my situation is the bit rate was higher as well, instead of 16 bit, it was reading 24 bit. I wish i could reproduce it.

Update from Mytek Support: Here's the response I received from support this morning - "Have you selected MASTER in Tidal settings? - it will light up the MQA in green". The problem with this for me is that i'm using the Lightning DS app on iPad pro with Aries streamer and i have no way of going into the Tidal Settings...

Hi, I am in Tidal now under settings and there is no "Master" selection available. Is anyone able to select "Master" under the streaming settings?

I believe the "Master" setting was only available for a period of time during big audio conferences and inadvertently some users of Tidal were able to see it and select it. Tidal has since removed that option so that is why I was surprised and confused by Mytek's response about it...like it was available again or something. I have replied back to Mytek asking them to clarify this for me and no response yet. I remain dazed and confused..

I'll keep you all informed as i get any information.

It the main reason for my purchase Dr Sah. It is a step up from my OPPO HA1 but how much is it the Amp ... or Dac?

I am on holiday at the moment but I did make a dual 6.3mm TRS to Female XLR adapter for my MR Speakers ETHER last weekend.

No big jump in sound for balanced. I killed my stock cable and fitted a single TRS so I could hear the Brooklyn.

Now Mytek kindly sent me the pin out for the dual I can use my Forza custom with the XLR...

I haven't worked out the differences yet. I used silver litz and solder for the adapter.

I have a lot burning in yet to make a stable statement...

People seem to enjoy the coloured nature of the Audeze and stick to known amps like BursonAudio v2+

No doubting the Brooklyn's quality though...

There are few that are HQ all rounders under $2000.

Search headfi Audeze threads for ideas on what people like. Then compare what you want.... The Mytek is a + from my Oppo... Then it's just your budget and requirements..

A Yaggy and lampzillor... $$$$$$

Good luck with your choice Dr Sah...

Dave[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Hello, If there anyone have tried "Corning Usb 3.0" on Brooklyn? Can it worked? How's the effect?

I use the Corning USB 3.0 with my Brooklyn and it has made a tremendous improvement. My situation was a long USB run from my computer to my Brooklyn DAC. I kept getting dropouts with the old USB 2.0 cable. I do not experience the dropouts any more and the sound quality is excellent.

I use the Corning USB 3.0 with my Brooklyn and it has made a tremendous improvement. My situation was a long USB run from my computer to my Brooklyn DAC. I kept getting dropouts with the old USB 2.0 cable. I do not experience the dropouts any more and the sound quality is excellent.

Thanks for the sharing. So I should try to get one.

how is headphone amp, is it good? I have some Audeze headphones, and I would like to use it also for that.

Hey I am headphone guy but unfortunately I do not have hp at this moment I sold them before I bought Brooklyn, I am using active speaker now so I am using Brooklyn as dac/pre.

But Mytek claims in their preorder video that Brooklyn have quality powerfull hp amp "even for your most demanding headphone" which I think will be true because preamp is pretty good usefull in my opinion.

Also from photos Mytek used some planars Audeze, HiFiMAN on meetings with their Brooklyn. Also planars sounds very good out of the dac/pre/hp amp in one box in my past experience so i would not worry. But truth is if you want highend sound from your hp I guess it will sound better with separate amp something like HeadAmp GSX mk2 behind Brooklyn. But as I said I think preamp is pretty usefull (much much better than Chord Hugo) so I guess hp amp will be too. Although what I do not understand why Mytek did not use on Brooklyn more solid PSU but it is on another topic..

The duals may be suited to the harder to drive cans. Both sounded about the same with my Ethers. I am not sure if it is true balanced though..

I am jut happy the dual adapter can now use may custom XLR balanced cable.. I can only judge of my Oppo ha1... I will try the out into the Ha1 to see if it makes a difference....

Cheers

Dave

Can't wait to see how burning in the PSU/ fuse and Dac has gone....While I am holiday...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Computer Audiophile mobile app