IGNORED

Amarra sQ+ with iRC Present and Future

Hi Richard

yes, you are right, should have been in a PM ha ha

OMG FW with TR??? Better then music and HiFi I suppose ?

Best KnockKnock

That made me chuckle. About the cable. Getting bigger? This is best left to a PM. BTW, OT Alert! My wife and I did the fire walk with TR in NYC many years ago. Talk about focus - cool moss, cool moss...

Best,

Richard

Hi Richard

yes, you are right, should have been in a PM ha ha

OMG FW with TR??? Better then music and HiFi I suppose ?

Best KnockKnock

Hello KnockKnock,

Wasn't being critical. Merely respectful of a private matter which I leave up to you to handle.

FW, was scarier contemplating. But once my wife and I was standing on line to walk on the hot coals, I rushed up to the front of the line, and was third to go. Music played can alter one's state of attention. That's what hypnosis is, a heightened state of awareness/attention. One experience is trusting oneself and act as empowered. The other, is to go with the energy, vibrations, frequency of the music and let it transport you. In both circumstances, one surrenders and opens to the full experience. Neither my wife not I were even singed.

Certain musical selections send vibrations up my spine. I can imagine what other experiences either engaged in or witnessing can do to our physiology. There's a documentary with Sting witnessing the birth of one of his children. His response speaks for itself. As moving as anything he could perform with music.

Enjoy the music,

Richard

PS

Not a documentry, I believe it's Bring In The Night...(DVD)

Has anyone experienced the soundstage shifting to one side when enabling iRC in ASQ+? I created a filter with iRC measure. It plays perfectly in Amarra Symphony. Sounds great. When I apply the same filter to ASQ+, the image shifts to one side. Sounds bad. Not usable. This was also reported as an issue with Amarra for Tidal. Any help appreciated as I can't use ASQ+ with the iRC filter which is the whole reason I bought it.

Ralph

Has anyone experienced the soundstage shifting to one side when enabling iRC in ASQ+? I created a filter with iRC measure. It plays perfectly in Amarra Symphony. Sounds great. When I apply the same filter to ASQ+, the image shifts to one side. Sounds bad. Not usable. This was also reported as an issue with Amarra for Tidal. Any help appreciated as I can't use ASQ+ with the iRC filter which is the whole reason I bought it.

Hello rsorren1,

While my experience is other with present build and future beta builds, I am sorry to learn that you and other member users of other Amarra products, AsQ+ & A4T with iRC, but NOT with Amarra Symphony.

Member users who have taken the time to contact Amarra Support have not posted what the trigger is and what to or how to cure this impediment.

As I have no experience with this particular issue, the most I am able to do is post here and ask Amarra Support to step up.

It appears that a quick and comprehensive response from Amarra Support to help has not yet been forth coming. If I have that incorrect, good for those who need the support. Perhaps a build with iRC iMeasure is the culprit, or not. Some feedback for us would help in the interim if Dirac SE is needed to sort out the impediment. Until we are provided with some context about the problem, I imagine the feelings are not good.

I do not understand the silence from Amarra Support.

Thank you for your post here.

Best,

Richard

I was on the road all week and when I got home tonight I decided I would try the following:

1. Download Amarra Symphony and get the latest iRC Measure app (I may have had it all ready)

2. Start iRC Measure (mine is v1.0.4 Build 3805)

3. Load the project that has your current filter (in my case it's a project file from 10-12-14)

4. Navigate to the "Filter Design" tab

5. Without making any changes to the filter design, save the filter by pressing "save filter" button. Give it a new name.

6. Save the project and exit iRC Measure.

7. Start ASQ+ and load this new filter

8. IT WORKED! FIXED THE PROBLEM OF THE IMAGE SHIFTING TO ONE SIDE

9. Go figure. I just decided to try it and it solved for me. Try it if your having similar problem of soundstage/image shifting to one side when you use iRC with ASQ+ or Amarra for Tidal.

I've been playing Roon through ASQ+ with the filter enabled. Everything working well.

Ralph

I was on the road all week and when I got home tonight I decided I would try the following:

1. Download Amarra Symphony and get the latest iRC Measure app (I may have had it all ready)

2. Start iRC Measure (mine is v1.0.4 Build 3805)

3. Load the project that has your current filter (in my case it's a project file from 10-12-14)

4. Navigate to the "Filter Design" tab

5. Without making any changes to the filter design, save the filter by pressing "save filter" button. Give it a new name.

6. Save the project and exit iRC Measure.

7. Start ASQ+ and load this new filter

8. IT WORKED! FIXED THE PROBLEM OF THE IMAGE SHIFTING TO ONE SIDE

9. Go figure. I just decided to try it and it solved for me. Try it if your having similar problem of soundstage/image shifting to one side when you use iRC with ASQ+ or Amarra for Tidal.

I've been playing Roon through ASQ+ with the filter enabled. Everything working well.

Hello Ralph,

That is precisely what I did when I purchased A4T and AsQ+ both with iRC having decided to remake all my iRC filters using the latest iMeasure build, the one you downloaded and used and had success with.

I did so despite the filters I had made for Amarra Symphony 2.6, on or about September 2013 were fine to begin with. But I decided to redo them for both my systems and to have new filters contemporary with AsQ+ and A4T which I have been testing. Each build gets better and the iRC filters work beautifully.

The only difference is that I redid the projects before saving the filters as I wanted to take even extra attention for the distance and placement. The result was excellent. Your approach works as well. I was just willing to redo whether or not the placements were similar or better. But using the latest iRC Measure program was essential in my view to creating filters for the latest programs.

I then accomplished the same routine for Dirac Live which I am using with roon and with TIDAL HIFI. I, too, employ AsQ+wiRC with roon and with A4THIFIwiRC. Each build that Sonic Studio publishes gets better and better.

They have hinted that a remote app is in the making both in a post and at their website. When the remote app is ready for prime time, that will be a welcome app to run those application.

Glad you sought your own solution. Perhaps your prescription will cure other members's infirmities.

Thank you for posting your experience and solution.

Best,

Richard

Hi Ralph

Tried to follow your trick. It does not work ( I have tried the same some days ago, with same result, but wanted to give it another shot ;=)

So still waiting, now for 6 days, for a reply from Sonic

Glad you´d succeeded though ;=)

They may be at RMAF (they are) and consequently not readily available for the attention you require for the Present. Just a thought. Still...

Best,

Richard

"Solution" also not working here...both in AT and SQ+

SS suport silence is deceptive to say the least.

Hello peabreu,

Essentially, Sonic Studio is NOT communicating with it's customer base as it should. This is not uncommon, as those of us who have upgraded to El Capitan and also purchased Office For Mac 2016 or discovered that Outlook 2011 crashes periodically. The response from Apple and Microsoft has been less than satisfactory. Just read the threads.

My point is not that this is not uncommon. My point is that it is unfortunately common and unsatisfactory, unacceptable and untenable. POVs held by a significant number of users who have no issues agreeing on what needs to be accomplished.

We purchased products and expect those products to perform, if not as perfect as the marketing would have us belief, as close to what is promoted as what the product claims it delivers. When it doesn't meet that standard, and a legitimate response seeking support is met with silence, then members express their disappointment and frustration.

I, for one, am dismayed to read posts like the one I am quoting and responding to when what should be provided as support is not provided, or slow to respond, or met with silence from Sonic Studio.

We all know that software programs are not perfect. That the combinations of hardware and software can result in conflicts and impediments that are sometimes beyond the control of the engineers. That bugs are present in all programs and programs are a work in progress no matter how skilled and well designed they are intended to be.

What I am presently addressing is the "silence" and/or absence of a presence to connect with us as customers who are experiencing problems, whether or not of our own doing. I may be an Amarra enthusiast, but I am not a cipher. And while I have no special access to accomplish change, I can take a stand without giving up on my enthusiasm.

Frankly, after expressing my dismay, I am also experiencing a sense of the ridiculous. As a lifetime licensee of roon, I am bewildered by any developer competing with another by offering support that is less than the level of support roon offers. Makes absolutely no sense to me. As a beta tester for Amarra products, I signed up in 2011 to give back to a developer whose product I assessed as the best our there for audio playback. I also signed up to help in the development by providing feedback from a user out in the field with the system synergy I employ. So not am I only a lowly customer who paid for all the products I employ, I spend considerable time beta testing to help in the development of those products which I hope (expect is a recipe for disappointment) will provide an essential mechanism for developing and debugging.

Reading peabreu's post makes me feel badly about the reason for the post, the content, and the fact that issues of support are still issues for some of us. I am not assessing the reasonableness of a member's POV in this regard, when I learn that other members are in the same boat up to their necks in water bailing and sinking nevertheless.

I took the soap box approach for the same reason as I do to for being a beta tester, to pursue excellence in all regard, performance and support. roon may not have the equal of Amarra's SQ engine, but neither does Sonic Studio have the equal of roon's support and encouragement to help them help us. Isn't that what our outcome has always been? Takes two to tango.

Sonic Studio, shall we dance?

Best,

Richard

Dear All,

Amarra Support posted at the Amarra For TIDAL HIFI with iRC Present and Future about both A4T and AsQ+. You may want to visit that thread a read their post. Not sure what stopped them from also posting at this thread. But I thanked them for responding. I can cease my rant now and hopefully the solution is around the corner for both programs. They are demoing the remote app at RMAF so that will be a boon for us when they officially release the remote app, especially if it works (smile).

Best,

Richard

Thanks for your commitment Richard!

You're welcome. Happy to do so. It means as much to me given my commitment to Sonic Studio for the quality of their programs. The support has to match that quality. Keep an eye open. There's more coming. I am deferring to Sonic Studio to post the "more" as I think it will be in their best interest. Doesn't matter who posts me or them as long as the links get posted.

Look for them!

Best,

Richard

Dear All,

Amarra Support posted at the Amarra For TIDAL HIFI with iRC Present and Future about both A4T and AsQ+. You may want to visit that thread a read their post. Not sure what stopped them from also posting at this thread. But I thanked them for responding. I can cease my rant now and hopefully the solution is around the corner for both programs. They are demoing the remote app at RMAF so that will be a boon for us when they officially release the remote app, especially if it works (smile).

Best,

Richard

Hi All,

Sorry for the delayed response, we appreciate your patience. I'd like to provide the links to use to download the updated versions of both Amarra for TIDAL and Amarra sQ+ that should resolve the iRC issues you've been experiencing.

Amarra sQ+ build 2256

http://downloads.sonicstudio.com/Amarra_sQ+/22/Amarra_sQ+_Release.2256.zip

Amarra for TIDAL build 1155

http://downloads.sonicstudio.com/A4T/11/Amarra_for_TIDAL_Release.1155.zip

Users should be able to download and launch the appropriate installer, re-licensing should be automatic.

Sorry for any inconvenience, but you'll need to re-measure your room and re-create your filters. Please ensure you are using IRC Measure.app version 1.0.4 to measure your room. A link to IRC Measure.app can be found below:

http://downloads.sonicstudio.com/A4T/11/iRC_Measure_1.04.zip

If you have any questions, please let us know and please report if you run into any issues.

best

Ralph

If you have any other questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Sonic Studio Customer Support .:.

Sonic Studio, LLC .:. Trust the transparency

Just thought I'd add to the collective. After Ralph's most welcome post yesterday I received a timely email from Sonic Studio with another upgrade offer (seems the original sQ has reached "end of life"). So, I paid for the upgrade and downloaded the program via the link Ralph provided.

As an aside, I used an iRC filter previously created for ASwiRC and I'm happy to say sQ+ is working great with said filter. YMMV as Ralph already mentioned the need to create filters anew. Yes, the filter I'm using was created in iRC Measure 1.0.4 (I remeasured/recreated fairly recently).

Cheers.

Just thought I'd add to the collective. After Ralph's most welcome post yesterday I received a timely email from Sonic Studio with another upgrade offer (seems the original sQ has reached "end of life"). So, I paid for the upgrade and downloaded the program via the link Ralph provided.

As an aside, I used an iRC filter previously created for ASwiRC and I'm happy to say sQ+ is working great with said filter. YMMV as Ralph already mentioned the need to create filters anew. Yes, the filter I'm using was created in iRC Measure 1.0.4 (I remeasured/recreated fairly recently).

Cheers.

Hello Melvin,

Thank you for confirming with your results. I, too, used 1.0.4 to "recreate" my Gain Filters for AsQ+ and A4THIFI originally created with ASwiRC 2.6 back in September 2013. My experience was favorable and without impediments. I made slight adjustments to the positioning of my XTZ microphone. Unlike some members who a position of the mic that faces their speakers, I followed another strategy where the XTZ mic is aimed perpendicular at 90 degrees. Back when the ASwiRC thread was started and members were questioning what the best position for the mic was, Flavio of Dirac SE, responded with the 90 degree position as opposed to the point to the speakers. Ironically, my first filters back then were made pointing to and I didn't like them. I just intuited to change the position to 90 degrees and remade the first filters for ASwiRC using the 90 degree position. Those filters were much better and the filters I used up until the latest redo. Other members indicate the 90 degree position is intended for multi-channel vs two-channel. I am not disputing what "they" choose based on what Dirac Live may or may not advise. I don't use multi-channel filters. And the filters I created worked very well. I believe I am in good company as "most" members making filters for ASwiRC used the 90 degree position.

Your confirmation mirrors my results; and that is valuable feedback.

Enjoy the music,

Richard

PS

If anyone doubts my assertions, you can visit the ASwiRC thread and find Flavio's post recommending the 90 degree position for the mic.

Hello Melvin,

Thank you for confirming with your results. I, too, used 1.0.4 to "recreate" my Gain Filters for AsQ+ and A4THIFI originally created with ASwiRC 2.6 back in September 2013. My experience was favorable and without impediments. I made slight adjustments to the positioning of my XTZ microphone. Unlike some members who a position of the mic that faces their speakers, I followed another strategy where the XTZ mic is aimed perpendicular at 90 degrees. Back when the ASwiRC thread was started and members were questioning what the best position for the mic was, Flavio of Dirac SE, responded with the 90 degree position as opposed to the point to the speakers. Ironically, my first filters back then were made pointing to and I didn't like them. I just intuited to change the position to 90 degrees and remade the first filters for ASwiRC using the 90 degree position. Those filters were much better and the filters I used up until the latest redo. Other members indicate the 90 degree position is intended for multi-channel vs two-channel. I am not disputing what "they" choose based on what Dirac Live may or may not advise. I don't use multi-channel filters. And the filters I created worked very well. I believe I am in good company as "most" members making filters for ASwiRC used the 90 degree position.

Your confirmation mirrors my results; and that is valuable feedback.

Enjoy the music,

Richard

PS

If anyone doubts my assertions, you can visit the ASwiRC thread and find Flavio's post recommending the 90 degree position for the mic.

Hi Richard,

I also use the 90 degree approach and did so after Flavio made the recommendation back when. It made a big difference to say the least. In recent months and after tweaking the settings on both of my subwoofers I decided to remeasure and create a new iRC filter. Boy I'm glad I did. My system now has a certain "rightness" (for lack of better descriptor) that I've not experienced before. The addition of iRC to Amarra has been worth every cent and am very happy I can now use this technology with sQ+. I was only waiting for Sonic Studio to squash the bugs and yes, it was worth the wait.

Peace and good listening.

Hi Richard,

I also use the 90 degree approach and did so after Flavio made the recommendation back when. It made a big difference to say the least. In recent months and after tweaking the settings on both of my subwoofers I decided to remeasure and create a new iRC filter. Boy I'm glad I did. My system now has a certain "rightness" (for lack of better descriptor) that I've not experienced before. The addition of iRC to Amarra has been worth every cent and am very happy I can now use this technology with sQ+. I was only waiting for Sonic Studio to squash the bugs and yes, it was worth the wait.

Peace and good listening.

Hello again, Melvin,

Thank you for validating my post and Flavio's recommendation as I have read other posts exclaiming other recommendations that I did not address as I do not use Dirac Live Multi-Channel, thus I do not know what they recommend. But those posts also recommend aiming at speakers for two channel and that flies in the face of what Flavio and my own ears "told" me.

Happy to hear what you're hearing favors your preferences. There's more on deck for AsQ+ and A4T (and ASwiRC) which will find it's way onto our systems when the time is right for official release. I think "We" will all be very happy given the choices that already exist. Wish I was free to say more.

Enjoy the music,

Richard

• 4 weeks later...
We appreciate all your feedback, it helps to continue to make our products better. I wanted to just provide an update that we are hard at work on a remote for Amarra sQ+ and expect to have it available in early October. An image of the EQ window on an iPhone is below:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20397[/ATTACH]

Updated information can always be found at our News page at:

Amarra News & Reviews

If you need specific technical assistance, please contact us at [email protected]

Here we are on the last day of October and the iOS app has not made an appearance in the App Store. Curiously, on the News page there is a reference to the upcoming remote for TIDAL but nothing else about a remote for sQ+ since Ralph's post.

"...The Amarra for TIDAL Remote is an iOS application for iPhone and iPad allowing complete remote control of Amarra for TIDAL. The iOS Remote provides access to tracks, albums, artists, genres, now playing, and access to remote playlists with its clean and simple user interface. The integrated EQ window allows control of all settings including, boost, frequency, Q, EQ presets, volume control (meters), and output device control. The Amarra for TIDAL iOS remote is slated for release in November 2015."

Just wondering if an sQ+ remote is still going to happen.

Here we are on the last day of October and the iOS app has not made an appearance in the App Store. Curiously, on the News page there is a reference to the upcoming remote for TIDAL but nothing else about a remote for sQ+ since Ralph's post.

"...The Amarra for TIDAL Remote is an iOS application for iPhone and iPad allowing complete remote control of Amarra for TIDAL. The iOS Remote provides access to tracks, albums, artists, genres, now playing, and access to remote playlists with its clean and simple user interface. The integrated EQ window allows control of all settings including, boost, frequency, Q, EQ presets, volume control (meters), and output device control. The Amarra for TIDAL iOS remote is slated for release in November 2015."

Just wondering if an sQ+ remote is still going to happen.

Hello Melvin,

Given Sonic Studio's peek-a-boo style of interfacing, the absence of responses keeps us in the dark about what and when. I know that Sonic Studio is hard-at-work preparing a Window's edition of A4T.

Given Sonic Studio is a comparatively small company with a grand plan for several products, the actualization of that grand plan most probably must "adjust" to the realities and challenges of getting it done (one at a time?).

I have no clue where a remote app for AsQ+ is along the time continuum for development. Given Amarra Support's post you reference, we would all appreciate a follow-up response/update/check-in so we have some sense of what/when to expect.

Sometime ago, I just settled in for waiting them out and using what is available as I choose or not. Not every developer responds as roon's team or Audirvana Plus' Damien, or HQPlayer's Jussi Laako.

I believe the best is yet to come, challenges and all. But when remains a mystery. ;>{

Best,

Richard

Good Afternoon Richard,

Just thought I'd give 'em a little nudge ;-)

Honestly, if it weren't for my iPad Air/Splashtop remote-control solution for my Amarra products I would be much less happy and patient. It's all good. For now.

Peace

Good afternoon, Melvin,

Perhaps we will all be surprised and wake up one day to "it's raining Amarra remote apps" front and center spilling over the download page.

Haven't yet decided what I prefer best: Being surprised by what's unexpected that arrives; or being gifted by a date certain and it arrives on time and works as it should.;>}

Enjoy the music,

Richard

• 1 month later...

Dear All:

With the recently published/latest Sonic Studio Newsletter (12/8/15) which references A4T's new build 2.0 and companion remote app, and hints that AsQ+ is on deck for a remote app which may mirror the remote app about to be offerred at the App Store with the introduction of the soon-to-be released A4T 2.0 (any day now - but not yet).

When the new build for AsQ+ and remote app does arrive, as with every published build, one will find the treasure at Sonic Studio's Support/Download web page.

I look forward to adding my perspective for both the AsQ+ application and remote app when the time comes. Not likely to arrive before the Holidays. More likely in 2016. The present AsQ+ build allows one to enable AsQ+'s Sonic Stream as a Zone for playback in roon and soon-to-be with iRC. AsQ+'s many presets, EQ and Parametric 4band EQ plus other features that improve the sound of streamed music for TIDAL and for other services/transmissions when employed. Expect automatic sample rate change.

It just keeps on getting better. I may be getting ahead of Sonic Studio's weather but the forecast is grand with AsQ+ as a stand-alone or in tandem with roon.

Keep the faith and enjoy the music,

Richard