IGNORED

Amarra sQ+ with iRC Present and Future

Hello Håkan,

The threads I have started are intended to be a resource for the members and a channel of communication to the creators who benefit from our feedback. And, hopefully, the presence of new and innovative products inspire a healthy competitive edge to making it right. I believe AsQ+ will get sorted out. For those of us who care to stay in it, the rewards will come. I demonstrate my gratitude by giving back in the ways that I can to help the creators help us.

Hoping the next build to come forward will improve on AsQ+ specifically as we have identified what is needed. It can take a while to reach that level of performance where the downsides are minimal or none at all. Clearly, they're not there yet.

Sonic Studio doesn't need to read minds, we're providing high quality feedback.

Best,

Richard

We appreciate all your feedback, it helps to continue to make our products better. I wanted to just provide an update that we are hard at work on a remote for Amarra sQ+ and expect to have it available in early October. An image of the EQ window on an iPhone is below:

AmarraRemote_EQ.PNG

Updated information can always be found at our News page at:

Amarra News & Reviews

If you need specific technical assistance, please contact us at [email protected]

If you have any other questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Sonic Studio Customer Support .:.

Sonic Studio, LLC .:. Trust the transparency

We appreciate all your feedback, it helps to continue to make our products better. I wanted to just provide an update that we are hard at work on a remote for Amarra sQ+ and expect to have it available in early October. An image of the EQ window on an iPhone is below:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20397[/ATTACH]

Updated information can always be found at our News page at:

Amarra News & Reviews

If you need specific technical assistance, please contact us at [email protected]

Wow, a real response Richard. Boy, do you have pull or what? I had a problem and they were totally unresponsive. I finally fixed it myself after trial and error, for weeks. I'm at least glad to see they are still breathing.

Interesting though how you all are really pushing the tech on IRC and streaming. I'm sure this is the future, but not for all now. I enjoy reading the thread guys about the latest and greatest...and sometimes not so great ;)

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

Wow, a real response Richard. Boy, do you have pull or what? I had a problem and they were totally unresponsive. I finally fixed it myself after trial and error, for weeks. I'm at least glad to see they are still breathing.

Interesting though how you all are really pushing the tech on IRC and streaming. I'm sure this is the future, but not for all now. I enjoy reading the thread guys about the latest and greatest...and sometimes not so great ;)

Hello Forehaven,

That is impressive to learn you solved your impediment(s) by yourself. I learn more from when things go wrong, than when they go right.

I would attribute the response(s) from Sonic Studio as expressions of concern for their user base and appreciating that a presence at CA is supportive in itself. Obviously, they do monitor our threads, and I am sure they heard us and want to provide us with glimpses into what is forth coming that will serve us with better UI/UX. I suspect the best is yet to come. There must be a sequencing that makes sense to Sonic Studio.

I am glad they made their appearance so we do not continue to feel ignored. I think more is in store that is other than iRC. In the mean time looking forward to what of our wishes may come forth (smile).

Some problems are akin to specific issues pertinent to one's system that triggers Amarra program(s) to become problematic. Other bugs they must cure. Our feedback will hopefully help them help us. Hence my reasons for volunteering my time to help them as a way to give back and participate in making the best better. It's alwYs a work in progress. Plus those times when head banging problems no one wants.

Thank you Sonic Studio for all of us.

Enjoy the music,

Richard

That second sentence made me smile, I too learn best by trial and a lot of errors ;)

Well I have my fingers crossed that SS will bring something forth with our wishes...

Chris

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

• 3 weeks later...

I(Hope Cat Stevens doesn't mind a little borrowing of great lyrics with a word substitution...) "...So on and on I go, the seconds tick the time out

So much left to know, and I'm on the road to find out.."

As excited as I am to spill the beans, I am constrained. There are times when wearing two hats cancel each other out. Or one's head is not big enough to accomodate two hats. It looks sloppy. What I can spill is my enthusiasm for AsQ+2.2wiRC which I avoided (AsQ as well) until I realized that in limiting my experience of employing computer audio access to music was a limitation that neither served me or my interests in music and sharing that interest with the membership at CA. I make my living as a retired attorney who has been a couples therapist and coach for decades now. Music is medicine and magic and at times a miracle. I even prescribe it to my clients who I counsel for Change and Transformation. And music is a bridge that connects us to feeling states that can enhance, heal and amplify our outlook, sense of well-being, enjoyment, mood states. You get the picture. Oh! That too! What would a film be like without a sound track? N'est-ce pas?

Sonic Studio has a pace and routine that must be obeyed. What else? My constraint is self-imposed. It inspireds confidence in me and in Sonic Studio. In other words, we trust each other. Hence my access. Of course, what I do for them without being compensated doesn't hurt. I purchase for dollars everything I beta test. How else can I maintain my integrity. Members don't have to agree with my assessments. Agreement is highly overrated anyway. But at least, Sonic Studio is assured that I have no incentive to arrive at an assignment for self-interest. And, hopefully, my standing at CA with fellow members are assured that my assessments are not "paid for" with a form of exchange that benefits me. I imagine it depends on the personality of the member who intefaces with me. It's been a long time since a member labeled me a Schill for Sonic (Studio). Has a certain ring to it. Dull! That assignmnet is repugnant to everything I stand for.

Patience is a virtue. And I am patiently waiting for Sonic Studio to get to the build that will make us all happy we've stuck it out with AsQ+wiRC. What is my outcome in this post? Merely to touch bases with the membership and more often than Sonic Studio has, though, I appreciate the recent posts from Amarra Support. Even once is an event to take notice. They are sparse and economically brief and border on vague to a tee(ideous) when what would goose the stuffing is left hanging.

When I get turned loose, wait, there has to be a better word, when I am free to share my experience with and about AsQ+wiRC, when the next build is released, when certain relationships are published (disclosed), I believe many member users will be gratified by the performance enhancement, operations, and the applicability expanded in the world of computer audio. What am I referring to? You know I can't say (smile).

Hang in there, if you care to. The wait is worth the way to (find out) the enjoyment of music. In the meantime,

Enjoy the music,

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

Dear All,

Some very good news. AsQ+2255 with iRC has just been released. You'll be glad to know that according to Sonic Studio the issue with SRC has been "fixed". In other words, while the previous build required one to manually change the SR, build 2255 does that automatically. Furthermore, in the UI under Preferences/Settings, the display for the SR did not change accurately during beta builds in between.

I am informed that now the UI will display the correct SR. For example in prior builds, if one played a 176.4 track and then played a 192 track next, the display in the UI would not display 192. Instead 176.4 would still display. That's been "fixed". There are a few other changes which mostly involve better SQ and compatibility with other applications, such as roon and roon with TIDAL.

Just to recap (or you can review at Sonic Studio's website) AsQ+ provides the for the following:

Now supports iRC Impulse Room Correction !!

"Amarra sQ+* is the result of customer requests for the most advanced processing and control for all their audio sources:

Achieve clarity on ALL Mac audio with new Audio Conditioner (details below)

Gain advanced EQ control with full professional EQ

Increase command over your sound with 13 filter types (Presence, Band Pass, Band Stop, Hi / Lo Shelf, Hi / Lo Pass, RIAA, and more...)

Professional quality 4-band, full-parametric EQ with multiple filter types giving you infinite control over tone/timbre of your music

Works with AirPlay" And,

Audio Conditioner

"Use Audio Conditioner to clarify ANY and ALL audio on your Mac

Remove noise from any audio source

Reduce 'listening fatigue'; improve clarity and understanding

Optimize the sound of Skype, YouTube, gaming, sporting events, recorded/online lectures, old movies, and more...

Customized presets for music, video, and voice". And,

iRC Impulse Response Correction

(Requires separate iRC license)

"iRC addresses issues found in all listening environments: irregular rooms, windows, speaker and furniture placement contribute to a reduced soundstage, balance problems, and often a build-up of bass frequencies.

iRC Impulse Response Correction powered by Dirac brings these under control, resulting in a more focused soundstage with improved phase coherence.

Available now!

Use your iRC license with Amarra sQ+, Symphony, and Amarra for TIDAL

Supports single filter file for multiple sample rates up to 384kHz

Easy, simple process capturing all measurements

Each license activates two machines."

There's more that I will be sharing, but for the moment my Mac Mini is unfortunately not available to me. But I wanted to acknowledge the release of the new build and some welcome improvements.

There is also a new build for Amarra For TIDAL, build 1154. Please find comments at the other thread I curate. My remarks are merely confined to the announcement of the new build, until I can return to my Mac Mini, which should happen later today.

Enjoy the music,

Richard

And just when I had gotten used to roon's sound quality! Guess I know what I'll be doing this evening. This hobby is such a blasted time sink.

Seriously, though, this is good news. Like you, Richard, I have a long-standing preference for the sound of Amarra, so I've been anxious to combine roon's interface with the sound quality of Amarra + iRC and compare that to just roon + Dirac (which I've been listening to exclusively for two or three months now). The incompatabilities and bugs noted above have made the roon/Amarra comparison impossible, but that's about to be remedied. I'll report back.

And just when I had gotten used to roon's sound quality! Guess I know what I'll be doing this evening. This hobby is such a blasted time sink.

Seriously, though, this is good news. Like you, Richard, I have a long-standing preference for the sound of Amarra, so I've been anxious to combine roon's interface with the sound quality of Amarra + iRC and compare that to just roon + Dirac (which I've been listening to exclusively for two or three months now). The incompatabilities and bugs noted above have made the roon/Amarra comparison impossible, but that's about to be remedied. I'll report back.

Hello Jim,

Yes, AsQ+ has improved a notch or two, automatically switches (correctly) and plays the correct SR taking the lead from roon and when entering the AsQ+ UI/Settings the correct SR in play is displayed. There's more on deck, and I do not mean to tease, but for the time being, I am obliged to zip it until I can unzip it (that sounds obscene, smile). Like roon Labs, Sonic Studio has a full plate and they're dancing as fast as they can; and they don't want to release an app prematurely before it's ready for prime time. Too bad I can't say more (or did I already). So for now my lips are sealed.

Like you I am able to enjoy the music. I have the choice of roon/TIDAL HIFI/Dirac or roon/TIDAL HIFI/AsQ+wiRC, and I tend to gravitate to roon with AsQ+ wiRC alone or with TIDAL HIFI if I wish, so that when needed I have the availability of those 13 filters and 4-band parametric EQ in addition to iRC. I haven't used the Audio Control except maybe once or twice, but it's there if needed. Surprisingly, I have used the EQ which has improved TIDAL HIFI. What's not to like about that. And 99.9% of the play time it's clean. I gather when it's not, that is, if I hear a blip, or crackle or some interstial sound, I attribute it to streaming over the internet. Otherwise how to explain the 99.9% when it's just clean and musical and changing EQ actually improves the genre. And I am someone who has shunned EQ for years; but lately the filters help out. And when the filters are not needed, turning the filters off is easy, and in time will get easier, um..never mind.

The software is bringing it to us -- that is -- the enjoyment of music, so it's a grand time to be with computer audio. Perhaps those who favor vinyl would decide otherwise. I, for one, am quite content. Is it as good as it gets?

Enjoy the music,

Richard

Dear All:

Just to be clearfully (is that a word?), artfully vague, the best is yet to come. When? When it's soup! You know the routine. On many levels member user's requests either directly communicated or through posts in CA threads monitored by Sonic Studio or lowly beta testers spray painting graffiti messages in the halls at Sonic Studio, coupled with their own pursuit of excellence, there are further updates in the works. Eventually, as with everything that proceeded the many iterations, an update with a highly-desired result will manifest. And, will it be welcome! I walk the narrow line of what I think I can intimate without violating my informal NDA (never reduced to a formal document). I do so because I know it helps us members and signals to Sonic Studio that good will is worth it's weight in customer satisfaction. In some ways, it's just as hard to please as it is to implement. Consider that getting to an outcome is mutually and highly-desired by the innovator and their customer base and future customers.

The scene is changing. The scenery is changing. Look at roon's UI/UX/EM. The carrot before the horse may keep the wagon wheels turning, but getting there is not an illusion. By setting outcomes, that commitment is the toll one must honor to cross the bridge to success. We computer audiophile enthusiasts can pick and choose now with the richest choices since I entered the computer audio hobby. The line in the sand keeps moving forward with good, better, best, wow!

The best will be getting better and a touch of wow is in store. When? Watch for the graffiti on the walls..

Enjoy the music,

Richard

For a few days, not of my doing, I was unable to power/play my system. One new component decided to blow a fuse; and with no spare fuse, I had no power. Speaking of blowing a fuse...I ended up at a RadioShack, two days later after I got confused and ordered the wrong fuse dimensions for length and width but the right amperage and voltage for the one fuse I needed. Now I am up and running.

I no longer have to rely on release notes from others. I now have first hand experience employing AsQ+ 2255 with iRC and am no longer delayed in putting the application through its paces.

While I reported that the SRC issue with AsQ+ playing the correct sample rate but not displaying in the UI the actual/correct SR description being played in the UI.

With AsQ+ 2255, the incorrect display has now been cured. And I do not have to rely on third party's assurances. I put AsQ+ through its paces on my own today. And yes, the UI now accurately displays the correct SR. And it sounds very good.

That's it. I just wanted to confirm (for myself) that what I posted and reported back was first hand and not third hand.

I am sorry to report that the new release of Amarra sQ+ does not play well with roon, at least not on my system. I get clicks and pops that are totally unacceptable performance. Richard, if the reveal you are coyly referring to in you posts is a solution that fully and properly integrates roon and Amarra sQ+, then I will relax and wait for it. Right now, unfortunately, I have been forced to return to playing roon through Dirac without Amarra and iRC.

Hello Jim,

Reset your coy alert. To be clear: I am never coy about beta product build impediments, which I take very seriously. I tend to tease about goodies in the making that are on deck but not yet available. My outcome of my teasing is intended as good will. For impediments there are no justifications what-so-ever for covering up. I report to Sonic Studio and expect the build that is released is free (cured) of what I find.

Needless to say, given the myriad systems and synergies of components and hardware combinations and software updates, i.e., iTunes and iOS were just updated, which may have no bearing on your discovery. What I am getting at is that after a certain build but before the newly released AsQ+ build I reported that the possible explanation might be the reliability of the conversion of the DSD files to PCM via DSDMaster, or not.

Given the sparse information you provide, my only response to you is that I had reported back to Sonic Studio with previous beta builds for AsQ+ pre 2255 that under certain circumstances I experienced precisely what you are reporting in your post. But those clicks and pops and blips, though unacceptable to my sensibilities were not pervasive throughout all SR and all formats, which adds to the complexity.

I am not able to discern from your description the frequency of the signal imperfections, i.e., continuous, intermittent, with any sample rate, any formatted files, are there files when the clicks and pops disappear, etc., etc., etc.

Sonic Studio was not able to replicate my experiences. Of course I provided then with specifics. I was not able to beta test 2255 before it was published because an essential component recently added to my system failed (blown fuse).

2255 was published a few days ago. And only today with my component "rehabilitated" did I have power and thus access to my music library. While testing the SRC display function in the UI for AsQ+, I only played several different tracks, not the tracks that caused the clicks and pops during previous beta builds. Now I will return to those specific tracks which are DSD tracks converted to PCM as ALAC 352.8/or/176.4.

I also took the liberty of forwarding your experiences to Sonic Studio as it supports my previous reports when I experienced the same.

Feedback is always helpful to identifying impediments so they can be cured. I only had access to my system today for a short time. Now I need to re-immerse myself into the newly released official build. Like you, I would find (and did) clicks and pops wholly unacceptable. And I expect so would Sonic Studio.

If you care to provide particulars to Sonic Studio, directly, I am sure they will appreciate your feedback. There have been several builds prior to the official released build. That you are experiencing what I discovered previously and only after a certain beta build along the continuum of builds prior to the newly released build is important.

Thank you for posting your report here. That's how we support each other to identify impediments and report them back to the designer so the Oracles at Sonic Studio can re-examine the build to duplicate the impediment which is essential before finding the cause and the cure.

Sorry for your troubles.

Best,

Richard

I can report today that I am somehow NOT having any trouble with sQ+ and roon, and also am doing just great using it with Naxos's ClassicsOnline HD-LL streaming service. Whether local files or streamed, at any bit depth or sampling rate in PCM, it's working beautifully and has been for several hours this evening. What can I say? Last night was a different - and frustrating - experience. Tonight, I am enjoying my old friend, Amarra's signature sound.

I am enjoying the music!

I can report today that I am somehow NOT having any trouble with sQ+ and roon, and also am doing just great using it with Naxos's ClassicsOnline HD-LL streaming service. Whether local files or streamed, at any bit depth or sampling rate in PCM, it's working beautifully and has been for several hours this evening. What can I say? Last night was a different - and frustrating - experience. Tonight, I am enjoying my old friend, Amarra's signature sound.

Hello Jim,

I completely understand. One minute I am hearing clicks and pops with certain files, employing a certain build; and then I am not. I report my experience. I am told "they" can't duplicate what I am hearing. And with the next build, I am doing the Emily Litella routine: "You Hoo! Oh Sonic Studio? Never mind..."

With 2255, I have been hearing good, good, good, good vibrations. It's giving me excitations. It's that "somehow NOT having any trouble with AsQ+ that tempers my experience such that I attribute over time either the third party software I used to convert DSD to PCM, or the additional equipment intended to improve signals and impediance or the angle of the Moon, and/or TIDAL HIFI streaming which has been in my experience pristine.

I'll report back to Sonic Studio with Emily's classic. Glad you're enjoying the signature sound we both appreciate.

More to come...

Best,

Richard

I have a strange problem with SQ+. When I activate the Irc option, the right speaker sounds much more clear and loud than the left speaker. I have opened a ticket on Amarra suport, the answer is:

"we are aware of this problem we wil fix it to day or tomorrow"

Now with new release the problem is still there.

I have try Dirac and this is working amazing with Roon, to bad I have spend so much money on the SS Irc.....

I have a strange problem with SQ+. When I activate the Irc option, the right speaker sounds much more clear and loud than the left speaker. I have opened a ticket on Amarra suport, the answer is:

I have try Dirac and this is working amazing with Roon, to bad I have spend so much money on the SS Irc.....

Hello deejeee,

Understand your frustration, disappointment, (fill in the blank). I am not sure what the problem is. And I am not even aware that I am experiencing what you describe. But given that Sonic Studio has acknowledged the need to address the matter and fix it, I must be missing something. Because I do not believe I can discern this issue.

As a beta tester, I am presently employing the official released build. Clearly AsQ+ is a work in progress. And I am sorry for your troubles. Interesting, I, too, use Dirac Live (Full) with roon as well as AsQ+wiRC and Amarra For TIDAL (HIFI) with iRC.

I imagine that given Sonic Studio's response to you, it has to be other than issues around creating filters for iRC. I am presently using AsQ+2255. I'll listen with your issue at my attention. There seems to be always something with new applications or newly updated applications. One can find this to be true of all the software players. This is not being offered as an excuse or justification. I can be just as frustrated as you are with issues I discover. And the fix/cure/adjustment can be challenging.

I recommend you wait it out and give Sonic Studio the time to sort it out. I'll do some more listening. Thank you for taking the time to report back to the membership with your experience, with Sonic Studio's response and please do let us know how this issue resolves itself.

With appreciation,

Richard

Hi deeejeeee,

Sorry you're still having some issues with Amarra sQ+ and iRC. I would recommend doing the following to ensure we have a clean slate.

- Quit Amarra sQ+

- From your Amarra sQ+ folder, double-click on 'Delete Amarra sQ+ Preferences.app'

- From your Amarra sQ+ folder, double-click on 'Uninstall Amarra sQ+'

Download and run the new installer from the link below:

http://downloads.sonicstudio.com/Amarra_sQ+/22/Amarra_sQ+_Release.2255.zip

- Launch Amarra sQ+ and click on the REACTIVATE button to re-activate Amarra sQ+. You'll need your current code, email and password and will be asked to create a new password as part of the process

- From the Settings window, select 'Enable iRC Room correction'

- Quit and re-launch Amarra sQ+, you should see the iRC filter bank on the EQ window.

- Load your filters and give it a try.

- If still having issues, in IRC Measure.app, load your project and create a new filter. See if that resolves the issue.

Let us know, the best way is to write to [email protected]

If you have any other questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Sonic Studio Customer Support .:.

Sonic Studio, LLC .:. Trust the transparency

Dear Richard

Been enjoying your long thread ;=)

You work damn hard on this subject, thanks for helping a lot of frustrated Amarra customers.

Just got the SQ+ 2.2.2255, and as always I am impressed with the SQ from Amarra.

Your advice of unticking ALL Exclusive boxes in Roon works wonders, most of the time that is.

When i use Roon->SQ+iMac Headphone output it works most of the time, even the SRC. Oh I spoke to fast, now it did NOT change the SR.

And when I use Roon->SQ+->DiracLive it gets worse, its as if the output from SQ+ hangs, and not lets go of the previous sample rate. When I manually change it, it mostly (I had this word: mostly) comes back to playing sound again.

I also see that the downsampling goes better the up sampling.

BTW does any one know how far SQ+ can up i freq? 192? I cannot find that info. Dirac goes up to 192 kHz, so SQ+ should not have problems playing 172 stuff, should it?

So, as always, i LOVE the Amarra sound, but still it´s not 100% stable, som I am returning, as always to Roon -> Dirac Live. Damn I would LOOOVE to have the A SQ+, Roon and Dirac Live playing in good harmony together.

Oh "one more thing": I have found an issue, not with SQ+ or Roon, but with me and my fingers. Several times when I want to push "Next Track" on my Mac keyboard, the sound just vanishes, and I can use several minutes restarting everything. I now know that there is a MUTE button (F10) just to the right of the NEXT TRACK button (F9). So I dont think a software update can help here ;=)

All the best folks, I am out of here again

Take care

best KnockKnock

Hello deejeee,

Understand your frustration, disappointment, (fill in the blank). I am not sure what the problem is. And I am not even aware that I am experiencing what you describe. But given that Sonic Studio has acknowledged the need to address the matter and fix it, I must be missing something. Because I do not believe I can discern this issue.

As a beta tester, I am presently employing the official released build. Clearly AsQ+ is a work in progress. And I am sorry for your troubles. Interesting, I, too, use Dirac Live (Full) with roon as well as AsQ+wiRC and Amarra For TIDAL (HIFI) with iRC.

I imagine that given Sonic Studio's response to you, it has to be other than issues around creating filters for iRC. I am presently using AsQ+2255. I'll listen with your issue at my attention. There seems to be always something with new applications or newly updated applications. One can find this to be true of all the software players. This is not being offered as an excuse or justification. I can be just as frustrated as you are with issues I discover. And the fix/cure/adjustment can be challenging.

I recommend you wait it out and give Sonic Studio the time to sort it out. I'll do some more listening. Thank you for taking the time to report back to the membership with your experience, with Sonic Studio's response and please do let us know how this issue resolves itself.

With appreciation,

Richard

Dear Richard

Been enjoying your long thread ;=)

You work damn hard on this subject, thanks for helping a lot of frustrated Amarra customers.

Just got the SQ+ 2.2.2255, and as always I am impressed with the SQ from Amarra.

Your advice of unticking ALL Exclusive boxes in Roon works wonders, most of the time that is.

When i use Roon->SQ+iMac Headphone output it works most of the time, even the SRC. Oh I spoke to fast, now it did NOT change the SR.

And when I use Roon->SQ+->DiracLive it gets worse, its as if the output from SQ+ hangs, and not lets go of the previous sample rate. When I manually change it, it mostly (I had this word: mostly) comes back to playing sound again.

I also see that the downsampling goes better the up sampling.

BTW does any one know how far SQ+ can up i freq? 192? I cannot find that info. Dirac goes up to 192 kHz, so SQ+ should not have problems playing 172 stuff, should it?

So, as always, i LOVE the Amarra sound, but still it´s not 100% stable, som I am returning, as always to Roon -> Dirac Live. Damn I would LOOOVE to have the A SQ+, Roon and Dirac Live playing in good harmony together.

Oh "one more thing": I have found an issue, not with SQ+ or Roon, but with me and my fingers. Several times when I want to push "Next Track" on my Mac keyboard, the sound just vanishes, and I can use several minutes restarting everything. I now know that there is a MUTE button (F10) just to the right of the NEXT TRACK button (F9). So I dont think a software update can help here ;=)

All the best folks, I am out of here again

Take care

best KnockKnock

Dear KnockKnock,

You're welcome. Thank you for the kind words.

Let me just address all that I can with some assurance and in no particular order.

Unchecking Exclusive Mode is the direct recommendation from Sonic Studio so that Sonic Stream, the Zone for roon, when AsQ+ is employed is necessary for play through/sound etc. I struggle with the next topic as I am trying to recall whether or not Dirac Live works with AsQ+. I realize I have NO experience with AsQ+ and Dirac Live employed together with roon as I always employ iRC which is intended to be used with Amarra Symphony/AsQ+/A4T. And,

I may be mistaken, but Dirac Live is not intended to work with Amarra products. When I employ roon without AsQ+wiRC, of course, I employ Dirac Live (Full). It has been convenient for me as I committed to iRC back in September 2013 when Amarra Symphony 2.6 announced the integration with Dirac SE's iRC (impulse response correction) at a healthy cost, but over the years amortized to very little for what it delivers.

When roon arrived, I decided to commit to a lifetime license and Dirac Live believing iRC was not compatible with roon. The combination works very well. And notwithstanding how well the combination works, adding AsQ+wiRC and EQ, 13 filters, 4-band parametric EQ, further enhances what iRC adds to roon which as far as I know does not provide any filter control unless one "adds" to the synergy providing roon allows the combination to work.

I have no experience with roon and headphones or AsQ+wiRC and headphones. I have comparmentalized my systems into Pono and Headphones, main system w/o headphones or vinyl.

As a contrast frame, not meant to poke you in the eye with this or the ribs and a sub voce aside, AsQ+wiRC or without iRC and roon work without issue. To be frank, sometimes, and I have no clue what the trigger is, pops and clicks materialize with no rhyme or reason and no real consistency and then disappear. I estimate 95 percent of the time spent with roon and AsQ+wiRC or even 98 percent, I have no issues. I also turn off volume leveling in favor of iRC/EQ or Dirac Live (Full).

As you indicated, Dirac Live is presently limited to 192/24. Amarra Symphony and related products are not limited. And whether or not you may be aware of (nothing meant by that, please) Amarra Symphony employs SRC so that Dacs limited to 96/24, AS will downsample 352.8/176.4 to 88.2 and 192 to 96, so that those album/tracks at higher resolutions can be played on Dacs with limited range.

I am able to play tracks at 352.8 with AsQ+wiRC even though the UI display for the SR only goes up to 192. Of course 352.8 does not display as such on my W4S Dac2 DSDse when AsQ+ is being employed but the SQ does not lie. SRC for ASQ+ works reliably up to and past 192 even if the display's correct UI shows other above 192.

And there's more on the way from Sonic Studio re AsQ+. But don't let that out. We must wait for the Oracles at Sonic Studio to thunder and light up the skies and rain the next upgrades on us. I just keep looking at the weather reports to discover when that will arrive. In this respect, the storms are welcome. Some innovations pop out others take an inordinate by comparison amount of time. I am patient.

As for whether or not AsQ+ is 100% stable. Frankly, I am not sure what is these days. Innovations are flying all around us. Whether hardware or software. I have first hand experience with the latest and greatest; and for some, the electronics keep going. For some, they break prematurely but get repaired. I believe every application is susceptible. The important criteria for me is how facile and talented and dedicated the innovators are with regard to their UI/UX/EM implementations. roon for one is one of the best examples of a team who innovates and creates marvelous UI/UX/EM yet can be improved with third party additions. But so what. If the synergy works and improves, all the better.

I truly appreciate your last paragraph and the example you provide where/when/what/why sometimes we look to other causes and effects only to discover that the fault lies in our stars (a variation I am taking license to use). I appreciate your sharing our humanity. How about this one: I called Microsoft (finally) because my Office For Mac, specifically Outlook, suddenly developed a peccadillo(s) re attachment and inserting photo files. It wouldn't. I had to locate the file and drag it into Outlook open email. Finally broke down and called support. A remote session ensured. In about three seconds, this lovely woman who I allowed access to my screen and control grabbed the corner and pulled down the compressed window which someone (not me? -- had to be my wife --- smile) had reduced to a size where the files in a folder could not expand for me to select and use the attachment icon or the insert a photo from file icon. Was I embarrassed. 3 seconds! She was so nice about it.

As you observed, there was no update to fix what we humans-in-training create for ourselves. I can chuckle now but at the time was I feeling foolish. Just when I think I am savy and figure it out most of the time, something comes along and taps me on the shoulder "Wake up, Richard" it's right in front of you.

Thank goodness for the music. Speaking of which, I just XLD'd The Perlman Sound, 3CD box set with Itzak Perlman and many glorious musicians playing gorgeous music. Such musicality, techniques, delivered by the applications we love to suffer with that brings us so much enjoyment of the music, when we're not doing something silly (smile)

With appreciation for your post,

Richard

Hi deeejeeee,

Sorry you're still having some issues with Amarra sQ+ and iRC. I would recommend doing the following to ensure we have a clean slate.

- Quit Amarra sQ+

- From your Amarra sQ+ folder, double-click on 'Delete Amarra sQ+ Preferences.app'

- From your Amarra sQ+ folder, double-click on 'Uninstall Amarra sQ+'

Download and run the new installer from the link below:

http://downloads.sonicstudio.com/Amarra_sQ+/22/Amarra_sQ+_Release.2255.zip

- Launch Amarra sQ+ and click on the REACTIVATE button to re-activate Amarra sQ+. You'll need your current code, email and password and will be asked to create a new password as part of the process

- From the Settings window, select 'Enable iRC Room correction'

- Quit and re-launch Amarra sQ+, you should see the iRC filter bank on the EQ window.

- Load your filters and give it a try.

- If still having issues, in IRC Measure.app, load your project and create a new filter. See if that resolves the issue.

Let us know, the best way is to write to [email protected]

Hello Amarra Support,

Once again, welcome and thank you for offering a solution to deeejeee. I actually had to count the number of "e"s in his handle. Makes me a bit crazy doing so, but I may not have that far to go (smile).

Always appreciate the presence of Amarra Support to provide thoughtful steps to take to remedy an impediment whether self-induced or from a bug or "other" causation.

Not suggesting a time frame for a member to acknowledge support, I am just following through with my own sensibility to offer my appreciation for the support which all members at CA who employ or are trialling or are thinking about employing AsQ+ which I find myself using more often these days. Who knew? As I avoided all products connected to streaming for quite a time, until I woke up; and the products started to make sense.

Most of us appreciate that AsQ+ is relatively new and thus a work in progress and with every innovation comes instances of frustration, distraction etc. and then it gets worked out. To date, I have not found the perfect application that did not require support and/or not operate as anticipated, sometimes through user mistakes sometimes through the operation impediments and peccadillos. I'd say 99% of the time AsQ+wiRC works well.

Feel free to pop in and offer us any good advice you've got in your little black bag (not only reserved for Wizards of Ahas as in aha!). Ok, enough corn for now.

Best,

Richard

Dear Richard

Thanks for your always informative words and thoughts ;=)

Played a little more with AsQ+wiRC today, it´s very good actually. I have to do a little more work with the iRC part of it, as I thought I could just import my calibration files from Dirac Live into Symphony, and from there on to AsQ. Something strange happens when I do this, so I will do some new measurements within ASymph, and I am very convinced that it will work to then export (or actually import) the Target files into SQ+

It´s SO nice that SQ+ sits on my Macs output, so no matter what I throw at it, SQ just plays the sound with the fab Amarra sound that I love so much. iTunes, Roon, YouTube (yes, I looked at some video footage today, and use the SQ+ Audio Conditioner setting

"Video". I thought that would be useless, but works VERY good with YouTube stuff, which is not always recorded very well).

And I have iRC bundled inside SQ+, Roon and THE Amarra sound. Now THAT is really something. Me like alot

So I am VERY happy with SQ+ !!!

Oh BTW, the reason why I use headphones (a silly thing when using iRC, I know) is because I have a sick wife who has taken over my listening room for some days. As soon as she is out again, I´ll do the measurements and calibration. I am sure it´ll work just perfect.

Ha ha, good one you posted calling MicroSoft support. We all make that kind of stupid mistakes, don´t we?

best KnockKnock

Dear KnockKnock,

You're welcome. Thank you for the kind words.

Let me just address all that I can with some assurance and in no particular order.

Unchecking Exclusive Mode is the direct recommendation from Sonic Studio so that Sonic Stream, the Zone for roon, when AsQ+ is employed is necessary for play through/sound etc. I struggle with the next topic as I am trying to recall whether or not Dirac Live works with AsQ+. I realize I have NO experience with AsQ+ and Dirac Live employed together with roon as I always employ iRC which is intended to be used with Amarra Symphony/AsQ+/A4T. And,

I may be mistaken, but Dirac Live is not intended to work with Amarra products. When I employ roon without AsQ+wiRC, of course, I employ Dirac Live (Full). It has been convenient for me as I committed to iRC back in September 2013 when Amarra Symphony 2.6 announced the integration with Dirac SE's iRC (impulse response correction) at a healthy cost, but over the years amortized to very little for what it delivers.

When roon arrived, I decided to commit to a lifetime license and Dirac Live believing iRC was not compatible with roon. The combination works very well. And notwithstanding how well the combination works, adding AsQ+wiRC and EQ, 13 filters, 4-band parametric EQ, further enhances what iRC adds to roon which as far as I know does not provide any filter control unless one "adds" to the synergy providing roon allows the combination to work.

I have no experience with roon and headphones or AsQ+wiRC and headphones. I have comparmentalized my systems into Pono and Headphones, main system w/o headphones or vinyl.

As a contrast frame, not meant to poke you in the eye with this or the ribs and a sub voce aside, AsQ+wiRC or without iRC and roon work without issue. To be frank, sometimes, and I have no clue what the trigger is, pops and clicks materialize with no rhyme or reason and no real consistency and then disappear. I estimate 95 percent of the time spent with roon and AsQ+wiRC or even 98 percent, I have no issues. I also turn off volume leveling in favor of iRC/EQ or Dirac Live (Full).

As you indicated, Dirac Live is presently limited to 192/24. Amarra Symphony and related products are not limited. And whether or not you may be aware of (nothing meant by that, please) Amarra Symphony employs SRC so that Dacs limited to 96/24, AS will downsample 352.8/176.4 to 88.2 and 192 to 96, so that those album/tracks at higher resolutions can be played on Dacs with limited range.

I am able to play tracks at 352.8 with AsQ+wiRC even though the UI display for the SR only goes up to 192. Of course 352.8 does not display as such on my W4S Dac2 DSDse when AsQ+ is being employed but the SQ does not lie. SRC for ASQ+ works reliably up to and past 192 even if the display's correct UI shows other above 192.

And there's more on the way from Sonic Studio re AsQ+. But don't let that out. We must wait for the Oracles at Sonic Studio to thunder and light up the skies and rain the next upgrades on us. I just keep looking at the weather reports to discover when that will arrive. In this respect, the storms are welcome. Some innovations pop out others take an inordinate by comparison amount of time. I am patient.

As for whether or not AsQ+ is 100% stable. Frankly, I am not sure what is these days. Innovations are flying all around us. Whether hardware or software. I have first hand experience with the latest and greatest; and for some, the electronics keep going. For some, they break prematurely but get repaired. I believe every application is susceptible. The important criteria for me is how facile and talented and dedicated the innovators are with regard to their UI/UX/EM implementations. roon for one is one of the best examples of a team who innovates and creates marvelous UI/UX/EM yet can be improved with third party additions. But so what. If the synergy works and improves, all the better.

I truly appreciate your last paragraph and the example you provide where/when/what/why sometimes we look to other causes and effects only to discover that the fault lies in our stars (a variation I am taking license to use). I appreciate your sharing our humanity. How about this one: I called Microsoft (finally) because my Office For Mac, specifically Outlook, suddenly developed a peccadillo(s) re attachment and inserting photo files. It wouldn't. I had to locate the file and drag it into Outlook open email. Finally broke down and called support. A remote session ensured. In about three seconds, this lovely woman who I allowed access to my screen and control grabbed the corner and pulled down the compressed window which someone (not me? -- had to be my wife --- smile) had reduced to a size where the files in a folder could not expand for me to select and use the attachment icon or the insert a photo from file icon. Was I embarrassed. 3 seconds! She was so nice about it.

As you observed, there was no update to fix what we humans-in-training create for ourselves. I can chuckle now but at the time was I feeling foolish. Just when I think I am savy and figure it out most of the time, something comes along and taps me on the shoulder "Wake up, Richard" it's right in front of you.

Thank goodness for the music. Speaking of which, I just XLD'd The Perlman Sound, 3CD box set with Itzak Perlman and many glorious musicians playing gorgeous music. Such musicality, techniques, delivered by the applications we love to suffer with that brings us so much enjoyment of the music, when we're not doing something silly (smile)

With appreciation for your post,

Richard

Dear Richard

Thanks for your always informative words and thoughts ;=)

Played a little more with AsQ+wiRC today, it´s very good actually. I have to do a little more work with the iRC part of it, as I thought I could just import my calibration files from Dirac Live into Symphony, and from there on to AsQ. Something strange happens when I do this, so I will do some new measurements within ASymph, and I am very convinced that it will work to then export (or actually import) the Target files into SQ+

It´s SO nice that SQ+ sits on my Macs output, so no matter what I throw at it, SQ just plays the sound with the fab Amarra sound that I love so much. iTunes, Roon, YouTube (yes, I looked at some video footage today, and use the SQ+ Audio Conditioner setting

"Video". I thought that would be useless, but works VERY good with YouTube stuff, which is not always recorded very well).

And I have iRC bundled inside SQ+, Roon and THE Amarra sound. Now THAT is really something. Me like alot

So I am VERY happy with SQ+ !!!

Oh BTW, the reason why I use headphones (a silly thing when using iRC, I know) is because I have a sick wife who has taken over my listening room for some days. As soon as she is out again, I´ll do the measurements and calibration. I am sure it´ll work just perfect.

Ha ha, good one you posted calling MicroSoft support. We all make that kind of stupid mistakes, don´t we?

best KnockKnock

Dear KnockKnock,

Once again, thank you for your report. First, I hope your wife gets well. I know in my heart from my own experience that I would give my wife anything she might need if it would contribute to her well-being. Music can contribute to healing. Prescribe away if she welcomes the medicine.

I am certain that the filters made by the iMeasure program supplied with iRC and the Dirac Live program filter creation program are not interchangeable. Yes, it's best to make different filters and use those filters specifically for the program intended.

I believe we both are finding AsQ+wiRC more and more commendable when used with other applications and scenarios such as with YouTube though I have not tried that. With roon both Dirac Live and AsQ+wiRC add so much more enjoyable enhancements and adjustments especially with the AsQ+ filters and EQ. There's more on the horizon to add to our enjoyment of AsQ+. What the time frame for those enhancements are a mystery to be solved by the Oracles at Sonic Studio.

As a Human-in-Training, examples of what occurred with my compressed window obscuring the files is humbling. Sometimes, I get distracted and miss the trees from the forrest. Yikes! It fits my classic example: Is it plugged in? Is it turned on. Typically, a focus like the lessons in those two examples reaps benefits. What was I thinking? Well, I wasn't. I was reacting. And that's a deficit.

Meanwhile, back to the music. I have been playing music through the roon Client in my computer room and last night, my wife called me into the room and started dancing with me while roon played a series of tracks from our 6000+ album collection. My wife was so thrilled with the instant playlist one after another. It's a great time for us hobbyist in computer audio.

Enjoy the music,

Richard

Hi Richard

thanks, she is getting better, and bigger everyday if you understand ;)

I am really going to love the SQ+, I can feel that is has just the functions that I have asked SS to implement long ago, mainly that SQ should just be at the end of the chain, so you can listen to everything and in every bit rate with the cool Amarra sound.

Ha, in Europe we call the human mistakes for a Error 43! I made another good one the other day, I took some pictures of my new digital cable, wanted to hear some music while doing that, could not understand why the system was silent. Tried "everything", until I saw the reason for the missing sound/the missing link lying where I just had put it, right in front of my camera to take some fotos - of the cable ;)

I learned a good thing from the US guru Toni Robbins: focus on what you want to see. If you go out in the kitchen to look for the salt, and before already tell yourself I don't know where the damn.. salt is, then you'll never find it. If you on the other hand say to your self I find it in just one second or two, then your mind is open - and the salt right in front of you.

enjoy your evening

best KnockKnock

Dear KnockKnock,

Once again, thank you for your report. First, I hope your wife gets well. I know in my heart from my own experience that I would give my wife anything she might need if it would contribute to her well-being. Music can contribute to healing. Prescribe away if she welcomes the medicine.

I am certain that the filters made by the iMeasure program supplied with iRC and the Dirac Live program filter creation program are not interchangeable. Yes, it's best to make different filters and use those filters specifically for the program intended.

I believe we both are finding AsQ+wiRC more and more commendable when used with other applications and scenarios such as with YouTube though I have not tried that. With roon both Dirac Live and AsQ+wiRC add so much more enjoyable enhancements and adjustments especially with the AsQ+ filters and EQ. There's more on the horizon to add to our enjoyment of AsQ+. What the time frame for those enhancements are a mystery to be solved by the Oracles at Sonic Studio.

As a Human-in-Training, examples of what occurred with my compressed window obscuring the files is humbling. Sometimes, I get distracted and miss the trees from the forrest. Yikes! It fits my classic example: Is it plugged in? Is it turned on. Typically, a focus like the lessons in those two examples reaps benefits. What was I thinking? Well, I wasn't. I was reacting. And that's a deficit.

Meanwhile, back to the music. I have been playing music through the roon Client in my computer room and last night, my wife called me into the room and started dancing with me while roon played a series of tracks from our 6000+ album collection. My wife was so thrilled with the instant playlist one after another. It's a great time for us hobbyist in computer audio.

Enjoy the music,

Richard

Hi Richard

thanks, she is getting better, and bigger everyday if you understand ;)

I am really going to love the SQ+, I can feel that is has just the functions that I have asked SS to implement long ago, mainly that SQ should just be at the end of the chain, so you can listen to everything and in every bit rate with the cool Amarra sound.

Ha, in Europe we call the human mistakes for a Error 43! I made another good one the other day, I took some pictures of my new digital cable, wanted to hear some music while doing that, could not understand why the system was silent. Tried "everything", until I saw the reason for the missing sound/the missing link lying where I just had put it, right in front of my camera to take some fotos - of the cable ;)

I learned a good thing from the US guru Toni Robbins: focus on what you want to see. If you go out in the kitchen to look for the salt, and before already tell yourself I don't know where the damn.. salt is, then you'll never find it. If you on the other hand say to your self I find it in just one second or two, then your mind is open - and the salt right in front of you.

enjoy your evening

best KnockKnock

That made me chuckle. About the cable. Getting bigger? This is best left to a PM. BTW, OT Alert! My wife and I did the fire walk with TR in NYC many years ago. Talk about focus - cool moss, cool moss...

Best,

Richard