IGNORED

Amarra For TIDAL HIFI with iRC Present and Future.

Make it three who have experienced the same problem: iRC filter used in Symphony works fine. When I try to enable it in SQ+ the soundstage shifts left and the sound quality is not good. I'm using the same filter, latest software versions. Little help!

Hello rsorren1,

As this is a A4T thread, and there is a AsQ+ thread, will appreciate if member users post at the thread devoted to the topic and not post silly-nilly. Nothing personal. Just creates confusion. Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Best,

Richard

Richard, there is nothing silly or nilly about what I reported. IN THIS THREAD post #20, post #23 report an issue that I have experienced that I have not seen reported elsewhere. If anyone has information about how to correct it for Amarra for Tidal or ASQ+ it would be very helpful since the issue seems to exist in both.

Ralph

Richard, there is nothing silly or nilly about what I reported. IN THIS THREAD post #20, post #23 report an issue that I have experienced that I have not seen reported elsewhere. If anyone has information about how to correct it for Amarra for Tidal or ASQ+ it would be very helpful since the issue seems to exist in both.

Sorry. Post #18 and #20

Ralph

Sorry. Post #18 and #20

Hello Ralph,

Please excuse the typo - silly - what was intended was silly - my iPhone just changed the word willy again to silly. The meaning of my communication was other than the way you received it. Words matter. Typos or other. My apology for the typo. As for the intended communication, thank you for posting about AsQ+ at the thread devoted to that application.

With appreciation,

Richard

Are you listening?

Some of us need your help. The sooner the better. N'est-ce pas? While you're monitoring these threads, stop by roon Labs if you need a model for how to conduct support and deepen the good will. Their response time is quite different and highly responsive to their customer base or anyone employing their applications, i.e., trial.

I am not a beta tester and customer since 2011 by accident. I love Amarra. So return the love and take care of the problems member users are encountering whether or not the fault is ours or yours. What's the difference. We're customers. HELP!

Best regards,

Richard

'

Hi All,

Sorry for the delayed response, we were away at Rocky Mountain AudioFest this weekend, demoing the Windows version of Amarra for TIDAL and the Amarra for TIDAL remote. Both of those are just around the corner.

Regarding the issues folks are having with IRC in both Amarra sQ+ and Amarra for TIDAL. We have identified the problem with only one channel being filtered and are testing a resolution. We expect to have an update available shortly to address the issue and we do appreciate your patience.

If you have any other questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Sonic Studio Customer Support .:.

Sonic Studio, LLC .:. Trust the transparency

Hi All,

Sorry for the delayed response, we were away at Rocky Mountain AudioFest this weekend, demoing the Windows version of Amarra for TIDAL and the Amarra for TIDAL remote. Both of those are just around the corner.

Regarding the issues folks are having with IRC in both Amarra sQ+ and Amarra for TIDAL. We have identified the problem with only one channel being filtered and are testing a resolution. We expect to have an update available shortly to address the issue and we do appreciate your patience.

Hello Amarra Support,

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Best,

Richard

Hi All,

Hi All,

I'd like to provide the links to use to download the updated versions of both Amarra for TIDAL and Amarra sQ+ that should resolve the iRC issues you've been experiencing.

Amarra sQ+ build 2256

http://downloads.sonicstudio.com/Amarra_sQ+/22/Amarra_sQ+_Release.2256.zip

Amarra for TIDAL build 1155

http://downloads.sonicstudio.com/A4T/11/Amarra_for_TIDAL_Release.1155.zip

Users should be able to download and launch the appropriate installer, re-licensing should be automatic.

Sorry for any inconvenience, but you'll need to re-measure your room and re-create your filters. Please ensure you are using IRC Measure.app version 1.0.4 to measure your room. A link to IRC Measure.app can be found below:

http://downloads.sonicstudio.com/A4T/11/iRC_Measure_1.04.zip

If you have any questions, please let us know and please report if you run into any issues.

best

Ralph

If you have any other questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Sonic Studio Customer Support .:.

Sonic Studio, LLC .:. Trust the transparency

Amarra one way or the other still does NOT WORK. Try to make a measurement in iRC, save it, and try to load a target curve you just made. Does it crash? Yes it does. Try to unlock the two channels in the iRC. Does it crash? YES it does. Maybe A are working on an App or a WIN version or whatever. I would recommend get the software, which in no ways is cheap, to get running. Oh by the way, when I load one of the three possible (and just made) target curves into SQ+ or AfT I don´t have the problem with +6 dB on my left channel. Now its on the right channel, the problem thats is. Amen. I am out of here, for good

Amarra one way or the other still does NOT WORK. Try to make a measurement in iRC, save it, and try to load a target curve you just made. Does it crash? Yes it does. Try to unlock the two channels in the iRC. Does it crash? YES it does. Maybe A are working on an App or a WIN version or whatever. I would recommend get the software, which in no ways is cheap, to get running. Oh by the way, when I load one of the three possible (and just made) target curves into SQ+ or AfT I don´t have the problem with +6 dB on my left channel. Now its on the right channel, the problem thats is. Amen. I am out of here, for good

Hello KnockKnock,

I am sorry to learn even the link furnished by Amarra Support was not helpful. I can appreciate your frustration. It's always curious when "NOT WORK" for one member "WORKS" for another. Apparently, something's amiss. Having accomplished the very outcomes you sought not to far in the time distance, and producing filters that are working for me, I wonder what the difference is that makes the difference. Especially after Sonic Studio acknowledged that there was an issue but that it was addressed.

Over the years, reading the threads at CA, there are those of us who are confronted with an issue that has not yet resolved itself. And, with seemingly, no resolution at hand or a way to get there, one decides it's not worth pursuing to a cure. I was hoping given your outreach to Sonic Studio that there would be a method for trouble-shooting. Your last post confirms this has not taken place. I am sorry to read about your exit from the program. Was hoping for a better outcome for you.

I may have lost track about this, but is Flavio (flak at CA) of Dirac SE of any help to sorting this out? Sorry for your troubles.

Best,

Richard

hi

In my case the problem has gone, now Tidal never sounded this good. Shure that knockknock crashes with the measurement software are real as I also get those, this 1.0.4 is really unstable in the filter tab but provided you do not unlink the channels and do not try and load a target of your own all is right.

Dear All,

The future looks rather desirable given my latest experiences. Protocol requires that I follow the lead from Sonic Studio. Perhaps, those of you who visited RMAF and might have seen a demo for Amarra For TIDAL and related applications already know what is on deck.

What I can validate without jumping the gun is that Amarra For TIDAL HIFI's latest beta build is producing the best SQ I have yet to hear from any streaming program combination, i.e., TIDAL HIFI with XXX player. Admittedly, I have not heard Audirvana Plus V.2.XX and TIDAL HIFI (if that is a working combination). Mention this only so as not to be careless with my remarks/findings. A4TwHIFIwiRC is extraordinary for a streaming program as to SQ and EQ and one other feature. But I'll wait for an official announcement. I know you will be very pleased.

I am. Very, very, very...

Enjoying the music,

Richard

• 2 weeks later...
Any news of the Remote app for Amarra Tidal?

Tommy

Hello Tommy,

Yes. But my lips are sealed. Given the protocols I follow as a beta tester, best if I wait for Sonic Studio to announce the official release. Do not know when the time will arrive.

My guess? You'll be (very) happy (you didn't think I was going to guess the date, did you? smile). Keep the faith. It just keeps getting better...

And,

Enjoy the music,

Richard

Hello Tommy,

Yes. But my lips are sealed. Given the protocols I follow as a beta tester, best if I wait for Sonic Studio to announce the official release. Do not know when the time will arrive.

My guess? You'll be (very) happy (you didn't think I was going to guess the date, did you? smile). Keep the faith. It just keeps getting better...

And,

Enjoy the music,

Richard

Hi Richard

Thanks - now I am really interested! :-)

• 1 month later...

After a recent decision to reinstate my TIDAL subscription, the quest for the ever-subjective "best sounding" implementation was on. Already in possession of a license for ASw/iRC and sQ+, the obvious was to test the A4T waters. First I needed to play (so to speak) so I tried these various TIDAL implementations:

1. iOS app streaming to ATV2
  2. iOS app streaming to my Mac via Airfoil
  3. the basic Chrome browser and sQ+ combination
  4. iPhone 4S (via CCK) direct connection to DAC
  5. the TIDAL desktop and sQ+ combination

#5 was easily my favorite, followed by #1 (believe it or not). #3 sounded quite good but would not play nice with iRC engaged. #4 sounded good but was somewhat inconvenient.

Then Sonic Studio sent me an offer for A4T I couldn't resist. No contest. Hands down winner. There is just something so seductive about the Amarra sound and with iRC engaged, it's just .. fantastic. A4T has played without stutter or glitch and simply works better than #5 on my list. This makes TIDAL a keeper for me.

afterthought: hopefully the iOS remote arrives soon.

After a recent decision to reinstate my TIDAL subscription, the quest for the ever-subjective "best sounding" implementation was on. Already in possession of a license for ASw/iRC and sQ+, the obvious was to test the A4T waters. First I needed to play (so to speak) so I tried these various TIDAL implementations:

1. iOS app streaming to ATV2
  2. iOS app streaming to my Mac via Airfoil
  3. the basic Chrome browser and sQ+ combination
  4. iPhone 4S (via CCK) direct connection to DAC
  5. the TIDAL desktop and sQ+ combination

#5 was easily my favorite, followed by #1 (believe it or not). #3 sounded quite good but would not play nice with iRC engaged. #4 sounded good but was somewhat inconvenient.

Then Sonic Studio sent me an offer for A4T I couldn't resist. No contest. Hands down winner. There is just something so seductive about the Amarra sound and with iRC engaged, it's just .. fantastic. A4T has played without stutter or glitch and simply works better than #5 on my list. This makes TIDAL a keeper for me.

afterthought: hopefully the iOS remote arrives soon.

Hello Melvin,

That's reaffirming! Although there is an overlap essentially with AsQ+, I find myself launching A4TWHIFIwiRC when engaging TIDAL HIFI. Perhaps it's beta testing the remote app that got me hooked. Perhaps it's also the SQ that got me hooked.

When in roon do as the roonians do. Then, it's AsQ+ wiRC

to be continued

Hello Melvin,

That's reaffirming! Although there is an overlap essentially with AsQ+, I find myself launching A4TWHIFIwiRC when engaging TIDAL HIFI. Perhaps it's beta testing the remote app that got me hooked. Perhaps it's also the SQ that got me hooked.

When in roon do as the roonians do. Then, it's AsQ+ wiRC

to be continued

As I was posting, when in roon and employing TIDALwHIFI then AsQ+wiRC.

With either program, iRC and HIFI deliver the best TIDAL HIFI has to offer.

Without violating NDA, which I observe informally, the remote app adds even greater value to A4TwHIFIwiRC or not. Don't know what is holding up the release of the remote app for A4T. Perhaps the App Store hoops for releasing an app.

Just as you reached the decision point to purchase A4T based on direct experience, I concur based on my own experience and the SQ is addictive. I would recommend purchasing A4T now. If only for the SQ, and the trouble-free use I experience. Whatever Sonic Studio decides for the remote app, i.e., to charge or not to charge, the advantage provided with the remote app is obvious.

Just to remind All, I purchase all that I beta test and my assessments are neither compromised nor self-interested. Good news travels fast.

Thank you for posting.

Enjoying the music,

Richard

Hi Richard,

The overlap with sQ+ which you mention is something that gave me pause initially. After all, why spend more than one has to, no? An overlap exists but the tight integration gives A4T a very noticeable edge over sQ+ used in combination with another app. The good part is sQ+ is still a most useable app for me. I will continue to use it in conjunction with iTunes, for example, which I use mainly for it's radio streams. It's all good. For us.

Hi Richard,

The overlap with sQ+ which you mention is something that gave me pause initially. After all, why spend more than one has to, no? An overlap exists but the tight integration gives A4T a very noticeable edge over sQ+ used in combination with another app. The good part is sQ+ is still a most useable app for me. I will continue to use it in conjunction with iTunes, for example, which I use mainly for it's radio streams. It's all good. For us.

Hello Melvin,

Precisely. I might choose AsQ+ while in roon to use the presets/EQ and iRC with TIDAL HIFI. The advantage is discernible. Or launch Dirac Live.

Or, not, and just launch A4TwHIFIwiRC. Graphics for the remote app for A4T has improved. I find the combination of A4T and remote app stable. With HIFI the sample rate is 44.1/16. With AsQ+ the sample rate is not limited and extends to 384 with roon and iRC or if Dirac Live, 192/24 until that ceiling is pierced. So we have, in my opinion flexibility and choices and excellent SQ and iRC or Dirac.

The he only downside for me occurs when TIDAL has licensing issues and a favorite is no longer available, but A4T is NOT a factor when favorites disappear.

It just gets better and better.

More on the way...

Best,

Richard

Dear All:

I waited patiently for the Amarra Newsletter to publish so I could spill my own plate of beans. The first thing that caught my attention was the Newsletter's Title. I know it's not nice to make fun of Oracles at Sonic Studio, lest they strike me with a thunderbolt. But, where are the leaves? They've fallen off the trees. It's December Sonic Studio. Timing closer to gifting Self and Other Loved Ones with new offerings that would be appreciated.

The branches may be bare, but the Season for giving offers new gifts. Fortunately, I have been able to celebrate for months wishing to share my experiences with the member users and those who might become both a member at CA and a Sonic Studio Amarra product user.

Given that this thread is devoted to Amarra For TIDAL (intentionally) I will devote my comments, reviews, miscellaneous ramblings strictly to A4T as I like to refer to Amarra For TIDAL. In my case, that also includes A4TwHIFI, and, with the latest build A4TwHIFIwiRC, emphasis on iRC AND (wait for the trumpets to blare) the A4TwHIFIwiRCwRA, (RA as in remote app).

In my opinion, the application was reasonably priced. According to the Newsletter, actual Season aside, the increase for the new build, 2.0 which adds $9.99 to the price, I believe, includes the Remote App, with which I have lots of experience. As well as with the past and present, and perhaps, future builds for A4T.

I'll get right to the point, but first, my usual disclosure. For those who don't already know that I am a beta tester for Sonic Studio since 2011 (volunteer basis) now you do. My loyalty, however, remains supremely as a CA member first, though I hold Sonic Studio in high esteem (they hardly ever beat me).

Subjective as opinions are about what the software does and doesn't, as it is with hardware, cabling, power supplies, peripherals, etc., etc., etc., my experiences over the last several month has witnessed A4T develop into what I experience as the best streaming in its class. My highly-valued criterion for that assessment is SQ and thus the enjoyment of music. Always paramount in my hierarchy of values.

I never argue with perception so if one has decided that roon with TIDAL is the better match, fine and dandy. Enjoy that match. Or any other streaming application that includes TIDAL or other streaming service.

But, I recommend you strike another match and light up A4T. Then fan the flames with HIFI if you care to, not for the extra money which is unavoidable, but for the 44.1 sample rate which I find highly satisfactory. And for a bon-fire, add iRC. Costly? Yes! Worth it? Yes! Versatile? Of course. iRC works with Amarra Symphony, AsQ+ and A4T. That alone will add friendly heat to the flames. And will douse the flames of loudness, shrills and chills. If that were the only choice(s) to fan, I'd still hold the same opinion.

But now with the Remote App about to bow at the App Store, one can have their cake and eat it (for dessert). OK, enough with the fire/flame/food metaphors.

With A4T, build 2.0, (if that is the build number) and the Remote App, the value is there at twice the price. My history with Amarra products has always been exceptional. I won't deny other members have posted for years about the troubles they encounter. And with the introduction of roon, HQPlayer, Audirvana Plus 2.XX, BitPerfect 3.0X, Pure Music 3.X, the newly updated Decibel, Fidelia (sorry no experience with JRMC), it's easy to move on to other players, streamers. I on the other hand have those experiences with other applications but Amarra products play nicely with my system and always has. Except when Apple breaks things with iterations of iTunes.

A4T plays "perfectly" in HIFI mode with iRC. TIDAL's ups and downs are not the province of A4T. There are no issues with HIFI's 44.1. Solid as a CD and sounds as good. Seriously. No crinkles, crackles, jumps, bumps etc. HIFI all the way. Thank You, Lord! The progression of builds for A4T has resulted in an application I use with TIDAL even though it's more convenient to use with roon. I also own Dirac Live (Full program) which I highly recommend. And iRC which has been integrated with Amarra since 2013 works for me trouble-free.

Still, while enjoying A4THIFIwiRC, making changes requires getting up and manually accomplishing them. If only Sonic Studio would innovate a Remote App and allow me to sit in my Near Field chair and click away making changes remotely. After all, roon has a one; and it's incomparable. Sorry not familiar with other remote apps, i.e. Audirvana Plus, JRMC, but I do appreciate Fidelia's remote app recently improved.

Enter Sonic Studio's remote app for A4T. What can it do? Just about everything. Select options for artists, albums, playlists, display cover art, volume regulation, device selection, i.e., outputs...And, select EQ presets. What about iRC? Almost what I wanted. By almost, I refer to turning on iRC and selecting individual filter sets. BUT, to my disappointment, one can not (presently) regulate the filter gain of iRC. I made a point of praying to the Oracles for iRC control of the filter gain settings, promising sacrifices, rare jewels, but was willing to settle for just about everything but filter gain settings (versus filter set selection which is a go) and turning the A4T application on and off. Does any remote accomplish that operation? The cover art and meta data such that it displays is consistent and rendered well. For those into deep meta-data, what can be displayed if rudimentary is consistent. One can also move the dial for those presets offered by the actual application as well as see the graph and adjust the the settings from the remote. The meters which I treasure in Amarra Symphony are more simple graphically but have some utility in the remote app. Of course, the colors of the meters for the actual application if within visual range provide a better sense of when to adjust. The digital volume control works with the remote app reliably. I prefer to use my W4S remote control for my system. Still it's comforting to have a reliable digital volume control with the remote app.

If TIDAL goes DSD and actually streams those tracks, I imagine that Sonic Studio will oblige and implement that for A4T. As it stands, I am thoroughly happy with both application and remote app. Please don't take my word for that assessment. Download a trial and check it out for yourself, which I always advocate. EQ presets, iRC (on or off, set numbers selectable), and HIFI are a winning combination.

Please feel free to post your experiences with A4T with or without HIFI with or without iRC with or without the new Remote App (when it is finally available through the App Store -- not an easy task getting Apple's Approval - smile). Save all other experiences with AsQ+ also developing very nicely and already a Zone-able application with roon which also handles TIDAL tracks, presets, and sample rate changing automatically. But this is not the time, place or thread for AsQ+.

There's more to come for Amarra Symphony rumor has it. You didn't hear that from me, right?

A4TwHIFIwiRCwRA is highly recommended. As good as it gets. Prove me wrong...

Music's the thing; the equipment seduces,

Richard

More information available at Sonic Studio's website. Finally I get to show this remote app off to the members.

remote-3.jpg

remote-0.jpg

remote-1.jpg

remote-2.jpg