IGNORED

Amarra For TIDAL HIFI with iRC Present and Future.

You paid for it again? HAHAHA .. I laugh because I nearly did that myself! I'm encouraged about the future with the Amarra product line. Oh, that pesky authentication process (or re-authentication) .. I don't know, it always works eventually but that 10 or 15 minutes of frustration seems like hours ;)

Yes, I enjoy the program so much and the advantage of the ease and convenience now delivered by the ARA which will eventually also operate with AsQ+ and other applications that I just clicked away and forgot I had already bought A4T Build 1.0. Until Dbath objected to having to pay the $9.95 for the ARA in order to use it with the update.

Wait! Did I just pay twice for A4T instead of paying for the ARA? Sonic Studio is not charging for A4T build 2.0XXXX update. But a fair charge for the advantage of the ARA that works with the enable new build of A4T 2.0. I am sure Sonic Studio will refund the full price paid minus the ARA which I would gladly purchase.

I particularly enjoy the Playlists that TIDAL compiles and which I have slowly been adding to the A4T database by simply making the particular Playlists that appeal to me a favorite. Once I do that, the Playlist(s) display in My Music Tab with the cover art.

And once I start playing a Playlist, I appreciate that the A4T ARA's display shows the row of four or five cover art assembled in a display for each track in the Playlist along with the the album title, Artist, run time etc.

CA members who have not yet seen the ARA operational, will want to start a trial and observe for oneself how well the ARA operates. The metadata for each album, artist, cover art, run times displays consistently without any impediments and one can move to and from the EQ tab to set EQ presets from the where your iOS device being used to operate the ARA.

Sonic Studio refine the pairing operation so that one avoids after the first setup for pairing, I.e., entering the 4-digit code the ARA provides which one then types into the OS X application (A4T) which then triggers the pairing of remote to the core application. Et voila. C'est tout! From then on, once A4T is launched, all one needs to do is launch the ARA from one's iOS device and instantaneous pairing takes place automatically. All settings for the ARA for the core application of stored. One can enter settings and change the output device from within the ARA. Scroll through one's TIDAL collection by artist, by album, by Playlist generally through TIDAL or inside MY MUSIC, where the favorites are located for artists, albums, and Playlist. In other words there are two tiers for display. Actually three with the Genre tab when the ARA screen display the matrix of genres one can click on and go into the database for the selected genre than select the artist track(s), the artists albums, the varieties of Playlists.

The ARA is really, as you describe, far and above Apples' Remote App. It didn't just come out of a box. Considerable time and resources were required to start from scratch to produce what now is an excellent ARA, not perfect but on the way to doing everything one would want done.

I am, therefore, a bit surprised at a member's pique at having to pay $9.95 for all that is provided by the ARA. Hence, I don't argue with perception, but I also can't fathom such an emotional reaction to a fair asking price for so much. Granted, each of us has our own sense of what we are entitled to for the price of a program. And I am not being critical of that perspective, I am offering my own perspective on the matter, and encouraging all who would enjoy the advantage of the ARA along with the best TIDAL streaming program available and SQ renderer.

Also notice that MQA support is already in the works. Review the release notes for the rest of what's offered or TBA and TBD (to be delivered). Then imagine down the time line a time when one can launch Amarra Symphony and ARA and in Playlist mode operate the transport controls. I'd pay double for that advantage, and for a remote app that works across the board with Sonic Studo programs. Eventually, iRC on/off and value assignments plus and minus will be enabled for ARA.

I recommend anyone weighing the advantage of ARA for the meager fee, reconsider what they are paying for versus going elsewhere to avoid the cost of the benefit. It doesn't make sense to me even remotely to reject the ARA because it's not included for free.

There it is. I am loving the there there.

"Your move, Chief", to quote Sean in Good Will Hunting.

Best,

Richard

A little problem here, I think. After setting the quality of Tidal to Hifi and then later going back to Settings it falls back to "Normal". Should it not stay put at Hifi?

Tommy

Hello Tommy,

Welcome to the thread.

Yes, it should. Once you log into your account with TIDAL HIFI in the setup/Preference page within A4T, the program maintains the login account whenever you launch A4T. Let me boot my Mac Mini and launch A4T so I can be specific. But generally speaking once you have a subscription with TIDAL HIFI and login through A4T, that login remains whenever you launch A4T.

The concern then is A4T not keeping the Preference for account or is TIDAL HIFI at the source not keeping your account in HIFI mode. That part, I don't know.

Do you think it's worth, emailing or (can one phone TIDAL HIFI?) for support to inquire whether or not your HIFI subscription is active and you are logged in, i.e. Whenever I open the TIDAL app on my iPad Air 2, I am always logged in at TIDAL HIFI. So too with A4T.

Hope this helps and is supportive. To be clear, never had an issue with that since build 1.0 of A4T as I started a TIDAL HIFI subscription from the very beginning of beta testing A4T back when. This is merely to offer you what my experience with the program has been. In other words, once setup in Preference within A4T, it always stays as set. But I don't know if A4T build 2.0.1228 has a login bug with TIDAL HIFI login because during beta testing your present predicament never showed up as an issue. But that's not to say, which end the problem is triggered, i.e. On Amarra side or TIDAL HIFI side.

Best,

Richard

Hello Tommy,

I am in front of my Mac Mini's Cinem Display with A4T launched at the Settings page.

Observing the middle section of the Settings page TIDAL Login, User name, my email address; Password: encrypted; below that circle with Login in the center and in blue "signed in" next to that Quality HIFI with up and down arrows. Below that Try Tidal for free - 30 day trial below that Problems signing in? Login FAQ. Below that the build version number.

I am referring to the OS X application (A4T) and not the ARA. Does that match your Settings page setting? Are you then quitting the program, relaunching and those settings revert back to Normal? Which I believe is what you intimated? If so, I don't know enough technically (am just a lowly beta tester, smile) what to do other than to click on the Login FAQ and read the User Manual, which I recommend. And contact Amarra Support and TIDAL Support, but they don't respond immediately.

Sorry if it appears you're "drowning" with a problem so to speak, and all I am doing is describing the water. But please let us know what the problem is/was and what the solution that cured the problem required. Doing my best, which in this situation is to refer you to the competent sources for support, n'est-de pas?

Best,

Richard

Hello Tommy,

Welcome to the thread.

Yes, it should. Once you log into your account with TIDAL HIFI in the setup/Preference page within A4T, the program maintains the login account whenever you launch A4T. Let me boot my Mac Mini and launch A4T so I can be specific. But generally speaking once you have a subscription with TIDAL HIFI and login through A4T, that login remains whenever you launch A4T.

The concern then is A4T not keeping the Preference for account or is TIDAL HIFI at the source not keeping your account in HIFI mode. That part, I don't know.

Do you think it's worth, emailing or (can one phone TIDAL HIFI?) for support to inquire whether or not your HIFI subscription is active and you are logged in, i.e. Whenever I open the TIDAL app on my iPad Air 2, I am always logged in at TIDAL HIFI. So too with A4T.

Hope this helps and is supportive. To be clear, never had an issue with that since build 1.0 of A4T as I started a TIDAL HIFI subscription from the very beginning of beta testing A4T back when. This is merely to offer you what my experience with the program has been. In other words, once setup in Preference within A4T, it always stays as set. But I don't know if A4T build 2.0.1228 has a login bug with TIDAL HIFI login because during beta testing your present predicament never showed up as an issue. But that's not to say, which end the problem is triggered, i.e. On Amarra side or TIDAL HIFI side.

Best,

Richard

Hi Richard

Thanks for your help. I have a running Tidal Hifi acount. When loging in to the Tidal app on my iPhone I have the Hifi quality.

I have logged out/back in to Tidal and turned A4T on/off but Tidal Quality falls back to High now, every time.

When changing to Hifi and going in to "My Playlist" and back to "Settings" it says High.

Tommy

Hi Richard

Thanks for your help. I have a running Tidal Hifi acount. When loging in to the Tidal app on my iPhone I have the Hifi quality.

I have logged out/back in to Tidal and turned A4T on/off but Tidal Quality falls back to High now, every time.

When changing to Hifi and going in to "My Playlist" and back to "Settings" it says High.

Tommy

Hello Tommy,

If I understand you correctly, the issue is resolved, n'est-ce pas? High is HIFI. I have seen this early on. But now my TIDAL APP on my iPad Air 2 in the lower right, wait, I need to open the TIDAL APP...OK it reads HIFI at the lower right corner of my TIDAL APP page. Isn't HIGH and HIFI synonymous? Or does one need to go into the Prefence for the TIDAL APP (iPhone or iPad) and reset it but only once. Does High change to HIFI? It's been so long I have forgotten what the stages were.

In the TIDAl APP on my iPad Air 2 at the upper left corner are several white lines in vertical array. I click on those until I reach the settings page, there are many different categories of settings. First is account and under account is subscription and to the right of Subscription is HIFI NOT High. Oh,it's coming back to me. Yes, now I remember. I was confuse about High's meaning. Is it HIFI? No. I went into settings and changed it to HIFI and that remained as HIFI ever since. Do you think changing the setting in the TIDAL APP will then allow the A4T settings page to reflect HIFI. Do you understand what I am implying?

One needs to login to TIDAL either online at their website or through their App and insure the Preference settings are set i.e. To HIFI for subscription. Then when you launch A4T and go to settings page and enter the login information it should correspond to what TIDAL's website is set to based on the subscription you ordered and paid for. In A4T on the right one can adjust the setting quality. I am not going to mess with my settings page. But what I am advocating sounds logical.

If I don't have that right, recommend you inquire of Support how to insure HIFI is the quality you paid for and are receiving. Your Dac will also confirm by reading sample rate at 44.1.

Please let me know how you make out with this issue.

Thank you.

Best,

Richard

All set to purchase and download David Bowie's Black Star when I clicked on recommended albums in A4T, and there was the album. I am in ARA at the moment when I discovered Bowie's last album. It's playing in HIFI quality presently and sounds terrific. I know. It's streaming. But for streaming, it doesn't sound like it's streaming. I can hear the futzing done by the engineers, but the SQ is just glorious. Truly. I am a Black Star, clear as bell, presence is marvelous.

I can't imagine how biased I was about streaming until I got sucked into beta testing A4T for Sonic Studio, and got hooked. Right now I am a Black Star and enjoying it as if I had purchased it, downloaded it and...what's left. Listening and enjoying Bowie which only took a matter of seconds.

A friend, who you know as Barry Diament, mentioned Kate Bush's 50WordsForSnow, and there it was in TIDAL HIFI and then in A4T and then coming out of my speakers. Even with having to search for it, it took less two minutes and I was discovering what Barry was talking about.

Given that MQA will be available and A4T is or will be enabled, whether or not I get sucked into that format for yet higher sample rate, if that's what the intention is, right now if this is as good as it gets...glad I took the fork in the road.

I won't stop purchasing music, but it's scary how convenient TIDAL HIFI makes discovering, accessing, playing music. The only down side is when a license to something I enjoyed like Bill Evans album Old & New Friends disappeared from my database which TIDAL HIFI explained was caused by the revocation of the license to provide the album. 25 Million albums and my beloved Bill Evans evaporates. Still...

Bowie's Black Star is highly enjoyable. Thank you TIDAL HIFI and, of course, A4T/Sonic Studio.

Enjoying the music,

Richard

Richard

My apologies for my rather harsh comments. I was rather unfair to suggest $9.95 was too much for the remote app. I have purchased the newest version and was able to install it and activate it with the new license ID. I also managed to pair the remote app on my Ipad to the Mac application. I am, however experiencing some problems.

First, the Mac application keeps crashing with the message "Amarra for Tidal quit unexpectedly".

Usually while performing a scan but also when displaying my artists and albums. I haven't managed to keep Amarra running for more than a couple of minutes.

On the remote app I can see my artists but no albums. Then, after a minute or so, the pictures of each artists are replaced by a microphone icon.

I want this to work but this behaviour is driving me nuts. Any suggestions are welcome.

i have been deleting the preferences, the "All" option each time it crashes.

Regards and again sorry for the rant last night.

Doug

Richard

My apologies for my rather harsh comments. I was rather unfair to suggest $9.95 was too much for the remote app. I have purchased the newest version and was able to install it and activate it with the new license ID. I also managed to pair the remote app on my Ipad to the Mac application. I am, however experiencing some problems.

First, the Mac application keeps crashing with the message "Amarra for Tidal quit unexpectedly".

Usually while performing a scan but also when displaying my artists and albums. I haven't managed to keep Amarra running for more than a couple of minutes.

On the remote app I can see my artists but no albums. Then, after a minute or so, the pictures of each artists are replaced by a microphone icon.

I want this to work but this behaviour is driving me nuts. Any suggestions are welcome.

i have been deleting the preferences, the "All" option each time it crashes.

Regards and again sorry for the rant last night.

Doug

Hello Doug,

Thank you so much for your post and the sentiments, tone and perspective expressed. It's much appreciated, and let's move on and forget yesterday's upset.

I get how disappointed and frustrated you must have felt expecting to enjoy the program and meeting up with a maddening result.

The behavior you're describing is what I experienced many times when beta testing earlier (much) builds that were not ready for prime time. And early builds for the ARA. It won't help you for me to describe the water you're drowning in at the moment. Words of art not intended to be insensitive on my part. Surely this is not fun with results like the one you're experiencing.

My best take on this is rather than have you spend time here at the thread with me, may I recommend that you contact Amarra Support and let them know what you're experiencing so that they can trouble shoot with you. It will help to let them know the usual suspects (smile) i.e. OS X build, computer model and particulars all the information that AppleCare would want to know. I imagine there are separate issues which converge to make the result unbearable, i.e. network issues re ARA, storage, memory, software running at the same time.

By going the Amarra Support route they can provide you with the best most comprehensive support and find the triggers. My experience is based on beta testing and what I learned while doing so. They are the creators and know how to get you up and running so you can spend your time enjoying the program and perhaps writing a review to post here. Your findings will be welcome once the impediments are removed and you can assess A4T (HIFI?) (iRC?) and ARA based on optimal performance.

Please let us know how you fare with Amarra Support. Let them know you posted here seeking solutions and I recommended you get the best support from the best source for that support.

Good fortune. Hope you return soon with an end to these troublesome experiences.

Best,

Richard

Hello Krutsch,

Sorry for your troubles...

OK, thanks for the advice. I decided to take another run at this, since I've already paid for the app.

I completely removed the app, included the Library/Application Support/Sonic Studio folder, re-downloaded, reinstalled and slogged through the activation process (twice, again, never seems to work once).

Then, I even forked-over the $9.99 for the upgrade to the update to enable support for the iOS app and ... again... went through the activation process. Jesus... I felt like I was booking a flight going through it all...

But, It all works now and I am very impressed with the sound - definitely a step up from the native app, with excellent gapless playback.

"Play the volume as loud as you want - but don't touch my levels now. I got them set just the way I like 'em."

OK, thanks for the advice. I decided to take another run at this, since I've already paid for the app.

I completely removed the app, included the Library/Application Support/Sonic Studio folder, re-downloaded, reinstalled and slogged through the activation process (twice, again, never seems to work once).

Then, I even forked-over the $9.99 for the upgrade to the update to enable support for the iOS app and ... again... went through the activation process. Jesus... I felt like I was booking a flight going through it all...

But, It all works now and I am very impressed with the sound - definitely a step up from the native app, with excellent gapless playback.

Hello Krutsch,

Bravo! How to change one's perspective and go for what you want and make it happen that results in your findings in your last paragraph.

It so curious how some of us can glide through the downloading, installing, activating (once every time), setting up, configuring, logins etc. without incident and others for whatever causation have to jump through hoops to get there. But given your results, the challenges were worth going for.

Sorry you encountered so many obstacles to get to where you are now, enjoying the program, which I concur is marvelous, stable, does what is expected and adds to our enjoyment of the music and now with the ARA allows to get there from our near field chair or whatever you prefer. Bathroom breaks are optional?

I remember during beta testing how relentless we all were to get it right. And once we were there, something else would pop up. And that got fixed. And then something else. But alas, as a contrast frame from me to those who are being challenged for whatever reason, and they could be many that may not be Sonic Studio's program's doing, I have NO issues. No crashing. Just stable consistent use of the A4T application and ARA.

Of note, however, I noticed once (once) I either lost connection to the ARA or I was prompted to re-enter my 4-digit code. What I did instead was notice that another program I was fooling around with at the same time caused the disconnect, but that hasn't happened before and since. Although I haven't explored given the network is involved for the streaming and the ARA that may be troublesome if something interferes, I found that I could just close down A4T and ARA. Then relaunch A4T and click on the ARA icon on my iPad Air 2 and voila!, I was up and running where I left off.

Also, whenever I change builds either for A4T or ARA, I always do a deep scan which does not take me hours, but perhaps my database is not as huge as some; and it could take hours. Or one can do a mid level scan which takes less time. But the deep scan given the size of my database serves the program's functioning and access well.

I am very impressed with your perseverance. And so glad it's working for you. Hopefully, you'll focus on the good times that follow. And encourage others who encounter impediments to work it out and or seek Amarra Supports help for a leg up.

Thank you for posting. I love happy beginnings.

Enjoy the music,

Richard

Hi All,

Just checking in again, we have posted a new version of Amarra for TIDAL 2.0, the build is still 1228 and resolves several of the crash issues folks were experiencing. We are still working on some open items and will have another maintenance release out soon. You can access the new installer on our website or at the link below:

http://downloads.sonicstudio.com/A4T/20/Amarra_for_TIDAL_Release_2.0.1228.zip

There should be no need to uninstall AfT2 or re-license.

best

Ralph

If you have any other questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Sonic Studio Customer Support .:.

Sonic Studio, LLC .:. Trust the transparency

Hi All,

Just checking in again, we have posted a new version of Amarra for TIDAL 2.0, the build is still 1228 and resolves several of the crash issues folks were experiencing. We are still working on some open items and will have another maintenance release out soon. You can access the new installer on our website or at the link below:

http://downloads.sonicstudio.com/A4T/20/Amarra_for_TIDAL_Release_2.0.1228.zip

There should be no need to uninstall AfT2 or re-license.

best

Ralph

Dear Ralph, Sonic Studio, et al.

Thank you for posting so promptly at my thread and one other a link to Sonic Studio's initial maintenance release to benefit CA members who may have encountered a variety of impediments with the new A4T build, 2.0.1228 released four days ago on January 14th. Or in the alternative, one can return to Sonic Studio's website at their Support/Download page and access this first maintenance release there as well. Again the build and version number are the same but the now offered maintenance release is the starting dose of medicine needed to cure a complex of problems.

For those members who upgraded or purchased the new A4T build 2.0 version 1228 and encountered problems which they report have shaken their confidence in A4T, my wish is that this new curative build released just after midnight on January 18th with the same build and version number as the first release succeed in commencing to repair those impediments and to restore both user confidence in A4T and ARA and the enjoyment derived in streaming from TIDAL's extensive music library with A4T's excellent and incomparable SQ rendition accompanied by a new ARA adding to the convenience of managing A4T from nearby.

Furthermore, we may expect, as Ralph announced, yet another timely maintenance release with subsequent antidotes for the remainder of issues complained of. I am hoping once those unfortunate circumstances are remedied, members will give A4T the benefit of a second chance and enjoy A4TwHIFIwiRCwARA as intended and as I have been describing my experience in earlier posts.

After Sonic Studio's official release of build 2.0 version 1228, it is my practice to replace the last beta (in actuality the same build) and download the same build/version from Sonic Studio's Support/Download page so that I am on board with the same download as everyone else to insure what I posted in my review remains accurate. The last beta I tested prior to the official release was, in fact, the same program with a different build number.

And with the maintenance release Amarra Support has provided, I will download that build and continue to be on board with the A4T member community as I always do.

If you care to post your experiences/findings/assessments of the new maintenance release here, please feel free to do so.

I am confident that Amarra Support will get it right, and one can start a new from there, or not as you wish. I remain assured that A4THIFIwiRCwARA is the best in class among the TIDAL HIFI streaming software. Or, if you prefer AsQ+, take your choice. You can have the best of both.

Hoping the best is yet to come.

Best,

Richard

Dear All:

Clicked on the link supplied by Amarra Support, downloaded the A4T maintenance release with same build/version number so that I can continue to report on A4T from the same build as the Sonic Studio user community.

Download and installation was without incident. As described, no license activation was requested. As I do after every installation of a new build, even a maintenance release, I started a deep scan which is progressing without incident. I've noted that for some, a deep scan will take hours. Not so for me. Perhaps, my TIDAL HIFI database must not be as extensive.

Typically, after the deep scan is completed, I check My Music to insure my Favorites are present. Followed by launching the ARA to insure the new build and ARA are simpatico.

Fortunately, my experiences of A4T stem from a succession of beta builds during which I report back how the build performs. At some point during build development, I can report back that the build is stable and operates as contemplated. The same for the ARA. With the original released build, 2.0, version 1228, for me, that build performed without impediments. The ARA the same as presently enabled. As I reported, the plans for ARA are extensive, and will in time do more and more and more.

I am aware that some members continue to experience issues with Amarra Symphony. As a contrast frame offered to support that one can enjoy Amarra SymphonywiRC in its present build is essentially operating well. Enough said.

My wishes for relief from A4T impediments other members experienced remedied by the maintenance release is hopefully a reality now. It's not unusual to visit any software/hardware subforum at CA and learn...

Deep scan completed. Attempted to launch the ARA and was confronted with "An Amarra for TIDAL 2.0 license is required for Amarra Remote". Brilliant Amarra Support. Brilliant. I own a license. The maintenance release just broke my trouble-free working build.

Ralph! If you're reading my thread. No Thank You for the maintenance release. I have some homework to do.

TTFN,

Richard

So, I was able to get everything running, but I can't see what's been addressed with the new versions (the latest or the one from 5 days ago).

All of the earlier issues are still there: even thought I do a "scan" (which is amateur hour, from a software perspective), "My Albums" don't quickly populate. I still need to scroll down, revealing a the ">", which I click on, which adds a duplicate of the same album that was previously at the end of the list, and I have to repeat to fill-out the list. This is repeatable.

And the app (Amarra Remote)? It displays the first 10 albums of My Albums and everything hangs after that (the desktop app is continually updating the "scan progress bar" and nothing else happens. This is repeatable.

Sorry to be crabby, but I can't believe Sonic Studio felt this was ready for release. I'll keep my eye open for updates and try again, later, but I have low expectations...

"Play the volume as loud as you want - but don't touch my levels now. I got them set just the way I like 'em."

Richard hope you get sorted out quickly

I hope that one day Symphony gets better but I am glad that at least the Amarra for Tidal appears to at least be back to functional for me,

Hello jp11801,

Thank you truly for your support. Means a lot to me. As far as I am concerned, we are all in this together. So when other members describe their undesirable experiences, I feel the same concern despite not experiencing their problems.

I learn more from when things go wrong than when they go right. After the maintenance release which I downloaded early this morning, it broke my iPad Air 2's compatibility with A4T. And nothing I knew to do would rescue me.

The good news is that when problem present, the problem state invites solutions from a focused attention to discovering the triggers. I don't have the competencies to figure the present problem out. But I contacted Amarra Support and while my iPad Air 2 issue with the ARA not connecting to the A4T is not, as far as I know, widespread, it implies other problems as well. These problems are being addressed with a focused attention to discovering the triggers and code to repair and deliver a viable solution.

I won't unpack the support sessions to find the triggers and the solutions to cure them as it is not my place. I am just a beta tester and these matters are for Sonic Studio to address to their user base as they determine. But I am first a CA member, so I am happy to spend the time helping them help us. And grateful for the help because it inured to rest of us for our benefit.

I got to witness the problem solving process with me as the subject to solve a problem that may affect another user with the same equipment. Or many users. They're getting there. But it's not easy. Yet they persevere and are making progress.

Presently, I can once again use my iPad Air 2 to employ ARA to control A4TwHIFIwiRC. More is required for it to be easy peaszy. But I am OK with the present temp fix.

I imagine there will be a release some time in the very near future that will address my issue, and perhaps, several other issues that have presented and which will benefit all of us.

I get that other members are experiencing a variety of problems such that A4T is not operating as expected and manifesting behaviors that are contributing to further frustrations. Over the years, I've come to realize that no matter what state of development these software program arrive at, there are always issues. We have only to read the forums for those products. What's plaguing Amarra products for some of us are similar with roon and HQPlayer.

The truth is, we're probably all beta testers of a sort for the variety of music player programs. The forums reflect this. What helps the creators help us is to get proactive INSTEAD of reactive and report issues to them in a respectful way. Response times differ from product to product.

Admittedly roon keeps on top of things and responds quickly with frequent updates. HQPlayer as well.

Audirvana Plus etc. Sonic Studio cares just as much as the other companies/creators. They are just as invested in putting out a great product and getting it right when the peccadillos show up.

I have chosen to provide feedback to Sonic Studio on a regular basis for the good of the product and to keep them informed so we can benefit. I am lucky that I don't have problems. The most recent problem, I believe, is a result of a change, a new build that fixes certain things but broke something else; and I was in the line of fire. Most unusual for me. But I recognize the issues from the vantage of being a beta tester. I have seen this very problem I am experiencing before during development. Somebody broke something and the fallout resulted. That is being addressed so are other issues.

I highly recommend we continue to inform Sonic Studio of what is working and what is not working with the latter more incentive to make it right.

I haven't lost faith. In fact, I am confident that the development will proceed unfettered. This too will pass. My wish continues that we who are experiencing problems will benefit from the coming releases. Hopefully fixing somethings don't break other things. Let's keep Sonic Studio informed. They're small but dedicated.

Sorry for the long post. I tend to be wordy but sincere.

Best,

Richard

So, I was able to get everything running, but I can't see what's been addressed with the new versions (the latest or the one from 5 days ago).

All of the earlier issues are still there: even thought I do a "scan" (which is amateur hour, from a software perspective), "My Albums" don't quickly populate. I still need to scroll down, revealing a the ">", which I click on, which adds a duplicate of the same album that was previously at the end of the list, and I have to repeat to fill-out the list. This is repeatable.

And the app (Amarra Remote)? It displays the first 10 albums of My Albums and everything hangs after that (the desktop app is continually updating the "scan progress bar" and nothing else happens. This is repeatable.

Sorry to be crabby, but I can't believe Sonic Studio felt this was ready for release. I'll keep my eye open for updates and try again, later, but I have low expectations...

Hello Krutsch,

Welcome back.

Don't experience you as crabby. Rather as a user who is encountering program operations/behaviors that compromise your use of the program. Not what makes it right for you.

I gather the meaning of your communication earlier in your post the maintenance release has not improved performance for you beyond what you accomplished on your own? So what was the purpose of the maintenance release? Haven't a clue. But it broke my iPad Air 2 connectivity for ARA with A4T. Not what I would have wanted (smile).

I am sorry that you're experiencing a variety of use problems that impede the facility and enjoyment of A4T. I gather we all employ A4T with different expectations and size of database.

I would probably describe myself as more of a casual user in the sense that I don't collect a large database of tracks, artists, playlists. And others may and then are confronted with use issues.

I strongly recommend that we create a issues list and communicate them to Sonic Studio so they have reliable feedback and can organize around a priority list of what to address. I know in reading the staff posts of roon support that they have a priority list and go about addressing what they conclude needs their attention first and what will have to wait for another update etc.

I realize that at the minimum, A4T should perform at a certain level with the capacity to handle a substantial database with assurance.

Are there any settings that if adjusted will support how you use the program? Memory, display of tracks, cover art memory?

Just to recap, we at CA ought to compile a list of encountered problems and submit them to Sonic Studio. Additionally, requests for Amarra Support. It's not enough to post here or any other thread with complaints as it accomplishes nothing but cluttering up a thread with negativity. That's not a judgment about articulating problems. It's a recommendation for what has efficacy.

I don't know enough to suggest how to fix your issues. Or what the triggers are. If the program is under-developed for the use you expect, then, Amarra Support needs to address the capacities of the program or lose sales and users, which is not to their advantage.

Let me know, should you contact Amarra Support with your issues, if you haven't already, and what their response or solutions are.

roon has a requested feature thread, maybe we should start one at CA and invite Amarra Support to review the thread.

I realize that my response doesn't improve your state of use. But it's a start to get the program improved if it's worth your time to pursue support and change. The rest is up to Amarra Support to follow through. And it would be in their best interests to take good care of you. You deserve it.

Best,

Richard

Richard,

I appreciate how hard you are working to make things work for all of us - companies like Amarra live or die, based on the efforts of evangelists like yourself. So, thank you for your words of support.

I spent the first 20 years of my career as a developer and I can tell the difference between software that is on the right track, and just needs time to stabilize (e.g. Audirvana), and software that will never make it. Amarra for Tidal is definitely the latter.

Set down that glass of Kool-Aid, open the native Tidal app and see what I mean ... I have maybe 100 albums in "My Albums" and Sonic Studio can't even begin to handle it; watching the albums slowly fill-in, leaving blank space in the display pane, I can imagine the choices the programmer made - all of them bad.

Sorry... I don't have any skin in the game, other than wanting to enjoy the music.

In my case it goes bad to worse. It was crashing from time to time but with the latest build it crashes midway in songs and now asks for reauthorization of IRC and not accepting the code. This is becoming ridiculous and completely unacceptable... unbelievable the amount of money these things cost and how bad is the implementation... unbelievable.

Richard,

I appreciate how hard you are working to make things work for all of us - companies like Amarra live or die, based on the efforts of evangelists like yourself. So, thank you for your words of support.

I spent the first 20 years of my career as a developer and I can tell the difference between software that is on the right track, and just needs time to stabilize (e.g. Audirvana), and software that will never make it. Amarra for Tidal is definitely the latter.

Set down that glass of Kool-Aid, open the native Tidal app and see what I mean ... I have maybe 100 albums in "My Albums" and Sonic Studio can't even begin to handle it; watching the albums slowly fill-in, leaving blank space in the display pane, I can imagine the choices the programmer made - all of them bad.

Sorry... I don't have any skin in the game, other than wanting to enjoy the music.

Hello Krutsch,

I am an advocate of The Four Agreements: Always keep your word; Do Your Best; Don't assume; Don't take things personally.

Post are difficult to read, not the words, the meaning. I can't tell if you're referring to me when you employ words like Evangelist, well, no, you do regard me as an evangelist ("like yourself" so I am not assuming here). But, "Set down the "Kool-Aid"? "Skin in the game"?

I never argue with perception.

The intentions and motivations you attribute to me and how you characterize the meaning of my words and outcomes are your choices. I won't take them personally. I won't defend my intentions. I do live the action of the Presupposition, the meaning of one's communications is the response one gets regardless of one's intentions. Your comments about me are noted.

The music's the thing; the equipment seduces,

Richard

In my case it goes bad to worse. It was crashing from time to time but with the latest build it crashes midway in songs and now asks for reauthorization of IRC and not accepting the code. This is becoming ridiculous and completely unacceptable... unbelievable the amount of money these things cost and how bad is the implementation... unbelievable.

Hello peabreu,

Welcome to the thread.

Thank you for your post. I get how dissatisfied you are with the operation/behaviors of A4T. If that were my experience, I would agree with you. It's not my experience. None of it. But that doesn't negate the validity of your experience.

This thread and my role as curator is to provide a resource for a particular Amarra product, in this case A4THIFIwiRCwARA. I am neither an apologist for Sonic Studio nor do I turn a blind eye (both of them)/ignore what's broken, doesn't work, creates ill-will (vs good will).

This thread to be a resource allows for members to describe what works, what doesn't, how to. One of my intentions is to provide a record of what members are experiencing. I am wondering if everyone is as dissatisfied as many who have posted here lately. And where are those who are not experiencing those problems. I am not experiencing your problems; and I don't doubt you about anything. Am I the only one who's enjoying A4T (accept when they break something)?

If you follow my threads throughout for Amarra products, Wyred4Sound, Curious Cables and a few others, you will find comments and feedback from to the principals of the companies of the products my threads focus on.

For the record, I have publicly posted my comments aimed at the Oracles at Sonic Studio's and Amarra Support when they get it wrong. When the support they provide is inadequate. When programs are rife with issues for those who experience problems. I don't. I am not immune; I just don't experience the same problems, but that is significant as a contrast frame not as a denial of your experience.

Not referring to you, your comments, or others who have posted here: This thread is not a killing field for ranting or diatribes as neither are useful for getting the attention of the Oracles at Sonic Studio or for providing useful feedback to them. If they choose to do nothing about it, they, Sonic Studio, do so at their peril. Not excusing them, but read the other forums at CA, and roon, and others, including TIDAL. Sonic Studio's programs with the peccadillos experienced are mirrored in kind about other products from users who for whatever reason struggle with the operations of the programmers.

What I appreciate at roon, for example, is how responsive the support staff are; how present the support staff are. They offer support through posts. If their recommendations don't accomplish a solution, they request logs to determine what the triggers are, and deal with what the logs reveal. If someone's NAS model is not compatible with the requirements of or incompatible with the program, if a user is not knowledgeable about how to use the program, if other software or hardware creates conflicts, that has some bearing on what may not be working well or at all.

Sonic Studio needs to improve how they interface with their user base. I have (often throughout my four years as a beta tester) given them feedback about what they do well and what they do not so well. They need to model roon's example and methods for technical support.

The fact that Sonic Studio is still in business has to stand for something. If what they create and support was as pervasively poor in performance, they'd soon be selling something but not their software.

If the bottom line is that programs should be released without bugs, should operate perfectly with everyone's configurations and synergy for their systems, that has never been mirrored by users at forums. I still believe we are all beta testers and programs are released knowingly by creators/engineers in various states of readiness for prime time.

Clearly A4T is not working for as many users as are posting this is so. I am providing a thread to be a resource for the membership. Sometimes, members post and take aim at me because my investment in the enjoyment of music and my enthusiasm for products that I experience as providing that enjoyment with excellence, i.e. Amarra Symphony's SQ. Is it perfect? Hardly. Does it work for me? Yes. When it doesn't for other's, I provide a thread to identify what 's not working as well as suggestions for how to get it working well. If that's not happening, the important step to take is to seek support from the engineers.

A4T is a work in progress. All the programs we use are works in progress. And yes, Sonic Studio needs to get their act together and raise the level of stability and reliability. And as it also relies on Dirac SE for iRC, and TIDAL as third parties, some of those peccadillos are the problems that those entities contribute. Not making excuses. A4T has a long way to go. But as far as I am concerned, we need to get Sonic Studio to do their best, or they lose our business and standing in the Computer Audio Community. And that can be lethal if not addressed effectively.

Thank you for your post, and for your time.

Best,

Richard

PS

Have you read the posts about the integration of roon with HQPlayer and the incidents of disconnect between roon and HQPlayer. Followed by an update to address the disconnects. Followed by continued user experience of disconnects.

I am a roon lifetime subscriber since it's inception. I am an HQPlayer user since early on. I experience disconnects like many others. I provide feedback to roon. They're doing their best. So it Jussi Laako, the creator of HQPlayer.

My point is that each program(s) have their issues. For some, roon users are holding off on purchasing a subscription because of the problems they encounter and waiting for something to occur. Then that something is made manifest, and problems attend the event they were waiting for.

We're left with the choice, live with it and wait it out so that roon can make it right, or move on, or...

I am not equating roon's issues or level of performance or features with A4T. Although, in my opinion, A4THIFIwiRC is first in class and when compared to roonwTIDAL HIFI, A4T comes out on top. Others dont'. Others don't care, they employ what they choose. Close is good enough, Blah, blah, blah.

roon's remote app is much more versatile than ARA. But ARA is better than Apple's Remote App. I am not alone in this perspective, but so what! It's not what I find, it's what you find; and then what you choose to do about it.

To make things happen, one has to let them happen. I choose to wait Sonic Studio out about A4TwHIFIwiRCwARA. While doing so, I tell them like it is. I pay my way even though I can have the software as an exchange. I have never accepted the advantage of employing any program for free. I pay for everything full price. That includes Dirac Live (Full program), iRC, and all the Amarra products, roon, etc.

I am an advocate for the enjoyment of music. But I am not invested in proving that to anyone who doesn't take me at my word. Not my problem. Don't believe my words. Believe my actions. If you still find me and my thread suspect, start your own!

Best,

Richard

Richard,

Excuse if it sounded harsh but frustration really accumulates as AT has always been somewhat unstable but now since updating to the version with remote its been great a few hours and since then worse and with the new built it is not only unusable as it is messing also ASQ+ that has never given me worries...now I cant use iRC in SQ+...fortunately at least it works in Symphony...by now...because Symphony also asked for iRC password but accepted it while now both AT and SQ+ are asking the same thing but not accepting the validation, all this since installing yesterday the last build of AT..it is frustrating, independently of the software cost.