IGNORED

Amarra For TIDAL HIFI with iRC Present and Future.

Hello All:

After downloading the new A4T build, 2.1.1242 and installed, I accepted network connections (Allow); and then I conducted a deep scan as I always do.

Then launched the ARA employing my iPad Air 2, which launched immediately, except that nothing worked. It was static as opposed to dynamic, when the controls etc work, hence, dynamic. Well, given my experience with the beta builds, having experienced this before (and reported it to Sonic Studio as I always do), I did what I always do when this happens. I am relating this here just in case it happens to you. I was a bit surprised that it happened at all. But it did and so I did what I do, to wit: I shut the iPad Air 2 down (as in cold reboot). You know press the key at the top of the iPad, wait for the slide to quit or whatever it reads, and bye-bye. Waited for the almost impossible to see spinning gears to disappear.

Then pressed the same key at the top, waited for the white apple to appear. Entered my 4 digit code because after a quit fingerprints don't work. With A4THIFI open (never closed it), I launched the ARA, ah, as expected a new 4-digit code, opened the Remote page, did not need to enter that 4-digit code, instead, I clicked on the pair circle and voila! Instant connection and the connection was dynamic. And I was good to go.

I did notice the following differences between my beta and the release edition of that beta (I told you it was important for me to be on the same page as the members so that my edition matches yours). Discretion is a part of valor or some such quotation. The EQ page (2) slide it over to reach page two is a bit abbreviated compared to the beta build I have been using. How different you ask? Well, someone did...

Sonic Studio removed the iRC Presets for the Filters which don't work yet anyway. I am not at all disturbed by this. What I want is to be able to regulate the filter gain setting values, plus and minus, from the ARA so I don't have to get up and do that manually. I tend not to set the iRC filter to a value that would obviate the need. I prefer to eek out every bit of dynamic sound, so I am changing values for the different (almost 9,000 albums in my music library) albums with different production qualities. I prefer the highest values for iRC, as opposed to the lowest values (minus realm) that I can get away with before the meters bleed red so my speakers don't.

Other than that change in the EQ preset page, all is the same. Including the best SQ in its class. If that's debatable, please keep me out of it. I am stuck on A4THIFIwiRCwARA. And I am proud of it.

So, please accept my invitation and go forth and enjoy A4T because you can (smile).

Thank you for your attention.

Enjoy the music,

Richard

Richard,

So different is my assessment of Amarra for TIDAL (w/iRC) from yours, at times I think we must be using completely different builds. Like you, I think the sound quality is outstanding .. the best. I would expect nothing less from Sonic Studio and is why I keep coming back for more. I am a fan. Such a fan that I have a license for 3 of their products (Symphony w/iRC, for TIDAL, and sQ+).

Yes, we tolerate the various “peccadillos”, albeit not always so small, because we love the sound. I’ll give Sonic Studio credit for quashing some annoyances (the program does seems a bit more stable), but it’s still a kludgy mess IMO. The whole idea that we must scan the entire TIDAL library is just one example. The remote, which is the sole reason I purchased this license, still can’t seem to remember its pairing and cover art is so blurry on my iPhone 6 when it finally loads the library (if at all), it gives me a headache. It’s a mess and the whole kit and caboodle has been deleted yet again. I will revist in the future but for now will continue to use the TIDAL desktop app in conjunction with Amarra sQ+ w/iRC and the Splashtop VNC app on my iPad Air (which works flawlessly).

Truly, I wish I had a better report. Peace.

Hello Melvin,

While agreement is highly overrated, so I tell my couples clients, we agree that the SQ is to die for. But please live to enjoy the SQ (smile, OK I am corny).

Kludgy? Let's go point by point. What's your beef with that. roon provides a forced rescan when needed. Don't scan then. I do it because it helps to keep the organization of the program in keeping up with the ever-changing additions, deletions (darn them when they remove my favorites because the licensing changes). But, this is not a critique of your feelings about scanning. I get it.

Can't remember pairing? Yes it can. But under certain circumstances, a new 4-digit code is generated. But once it is paired, the program remembers that code and should relaunch the ARA from then on until something changes. Even if it generates a new 4-digit code, that should be transparent to the operation. I noticed this on my iPhone and on my iPad Air 2. Next time I launch A4THIFI on my iPad Air 2, even if a new code is generated, the ARA and program will pair automatically. That's my experience, Melvin, with both iPhone and iPad Air 2.

Admittedly, I don't use my iPhone for A4THIFI nor for roon's remote app (as opposed to remote client). And on the iPad Air 2, the graphics are fine. Come on over and let me show you. I understand that some members employ their iPhone instead. Sorry it gives you a headache. Doesn't bother me a bit. But you're entitled to get a headache if that is your experience. So I have no intentions of making your assessment wrong. Merely offering a contrast frame.

Mess? Whole kit and caboodle deleted? What the caboodle does that mean, Melvin? Your database is kaput? I may be responding to the wrong interpretation of what you are communicating, but I have never lost the whole kit and caboodle ever. I thought with the beta build for 1242 some favorites were missing but they weren't.

Employing AsQ+ and roon or AsQ+ and TIDAL desktop app works fine for me too. Not sure what the Splashtop VNC provides you that isn't there already. Do you mind filling me in, because, the ARA provides all of it, to wit, access to my database, EQ controls, transport controls, meters, track lists with cover art for each track if the same or different. Presets are readily changeable except for the iRC which must be manually adjusted or set with from the program. And there I join you or you join me with our complete dissatisfaction.

Oh! I get it, the Splashtop VNC allows you to control AsQ+ remotely? Is that it? Well, the ARA you paid for will soon do that for AsQ+. When? If it were up to me, when would have come and passed and when should by now be Wow! That's when. I don't know. Changes arrive on a schedule only the Oracles can know.

It's clear we have a different expectation and experience of the ARA and how one interfaces with the A4THIFIwiRC. AsQ+, I know I am OT now, probably provides more control etc. But A4THIFI plays without interruption, extraneous sounds. In other words, it just works for me for hours at a time. And what comes forth from those KEFs of mine, if it's streaming, sounds like I am dreaming. It's just superb for a streaming program.

I am glad AsQ+ works flawlessly for you. It does for me when I employ it with roon as a Zone. And I think where we agree is when the music plays, the SQ is the best in class, and we arrive in different conveyances, but we arrive at the same place, our enjoyment of music.

So, members, every experience I describe is my actual and unfettered use of the new build that performs without incident. Looks good on my iPad Air 2. Cover art graphically is not a magazine level resolution, but good enough to appreciate the cover art for the time I spend looking at it, and that's about in a flash in time, when my attention goes to what's playing and what's playing is truly excellent in sound quality for a streaming program.

Just want to thank Melvin for taking the time to post his assessment. And, as I always admonish, it's not what I find, it's what you find and how you feel about what you find. Always check it out for yourselves.

Enjoy the music,

Richard

Hello All:

Early this morning, I launched A4THIFIwiRC and iRC display window launched inside A4THIFI.

Conclusion: Dirac SE which installed a new server and which Amarra Support gave notice to us that Dirac SE's new server caused License Validation to "fail" and/or re-validate to "fail" has been restored.

In short iRC is back with, at least for me, no requirement to re-validate or authenticate my iRC license.

Ahhhh!

Enjoy the music with iRC,

Richard

Hi All,

Richard is correct, the iRC issue was resolved earlier this morning. We've tested without our systems and all seems to be working as expected.

Best

Ralph

If you have any other questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Sonic Studio Customer Support .:.

Sonic Studio, LLC .:. Trust the transparency

Well, A4T seems to have fixed some of the issues I've found (well done, Sonic Studio) and it's does seem to be more stable.

So, I will run it through a more focused trail this weekend. I assume the iOS app is still pending update on the App Store?

One things that still drives me crazy: so I perform the Medium Scan to acquire all of my saved albums; then, I switch to the My Albums view and it looks like it's still downloading the album covers from Tidal. Either that, or they are using very poor DB techniques.

But, at least all of my album are there, without duplicates, so it's worth giving it another chance.

"Play the volume as loud as you want - but don't touch my levels now. I got them set just the way I like 'em."

snip ...

Mess? Whole kit and caboodle deleted? What the caboodle does that mean, Melvin? Your database is kaput? I may be responding to the wrong interpretation of what you are communicating, but I have never lost the whole kit and caboodle ever. I thought with the beta build for 1242 some favorites were missing but they weren't.

Sorry I wasn't clear. I mean that I deleted Amarra for TIDAL from my Mac and the remote from my iPhone.

Hi All,

Richard is correct, the iRC issue was resolved earlier this morning. We've tested without our systems and all seems to be working as expected.

Best

Ralph

Hello Ralph, aka Amarra Support,

Thank you for confirming my discovery this early morning that the iRC re-validation issue has been solved.

We appreciate you appearance here at this thread at CA. Feel free to drop by anytime for any reason. And feel free to keep us informed on what to expect in the very near future. A window's version? AsQ+ new build? We're happy to hear about just anything Amarra

And with the iRC issue in the Past, on the count of one, Gentleman, start your A4THIFI engines or Whatever you drive to TIDAL HIFI land (smile).

I am having a grand ole time steering mine around the course...

Enjoy the music,

Richard

Well, A4T seems to have fixed some of the issues I've found (well done, Sonic Studio) and it's does seem to be more stable.

So, I will run it through a more focused trail this weekend. I assume the iOS app is still pending update on the App Store?

One things that still drives me crazy: so I perform the Medium Scan to acquire all of my saved albums; then, I switch to the My Albums view and it looks like it's still downloading the album covers from Tidal. Either that, or they are using very poor DB techniques.

But, at least all of my album are there, without duplicates, so it's worth giving it another chance.

Hello Krutsch,

Open up the App Store on your iPad or iPhone and type after me, A_m_a_r_r_a space R_e_m_o_t_e. Now click "Get". Install the bloody app and enjoy A4THIFIwiRCwARA

I performed a deep scan, in record time, and when finished, everything was as it should be, ready to rumble. I don't know the size of your database, but I have no issues whatsoever with my database, deep scans, enjoying the program.

Given the issues I read about that you are having with HQPlayer and NAA, A4T sounds like a walk in the park. Keep a positive outlook, keep the faith, enjoy the program. It's working without a hitch, stitch or glitch.

Enjoy the music,

Richard

Hello Krutsch,

Open up the App Store on your iPad or iPhone and type after me, A_m_a_r_r_a space R_e_m_o_t_e. Now click "Get". Install the bloody app and enjoy A4THIFIwiRCwARA

I performed a deep scan, in record time, and when finished, everything was as it should be, ready to rumble. I don't know the size of your database, but I have no issues whatsoever with my database, deep scans, enjoying the program.

Given the issues I read about that you are having with HQPlayer and NAA, A4T sounds like a walk in the park. Keep a positive outlook, keep the faith, enjoy the program. It's working without a hitch, stitch or glitch.

Enjoy the music,

Richard

OK, that response seems un-called-for.

I *do* have the A4T Remote App on my iPad. I haven't seen it update for some time, so I assumed a new version to match the newly released desktop app was queued-up in the app store. The iOS app has all of the same issues: it doesn't work, I mean, like, at all.

It pairs and shows the first 10 albums in my Tidal collection, but that's it. When I tap on an album, in the remote, it looks like it wants to start playback, but nothing actually starts (i.e. the progress bar never moves off of 00:00).

That was why I assumed a new version of the iOS app was pending, until I read further comments on here.

That's it. Now, if for you, that means working without a hitch, stitch or glitch, I envy your level of satisfaction.

"Play the volume as loud as you want - but don't touch my levels now. I got them set just the way I like 'em."

I *do* have the A4T Remote App on my iPad. I haven't seen it update for some time, so I assumed a new version to match the newly released desktop app was queued-up in the app store. The iOS app has all of the same issues: it doesn't work, I mean, like, at all.

It pairs and shows the first 10 albums in my Tidal collection, but that's it. When I tap on an album, in the remote, it looks like it wants to start playback, but nothing actually starts (i.e. the progress bar never moves off of 00:00).

That was why I assumed a new version of the iOS app was pending, until I read further comments on here.

That's it. Now, if for you, that means working without a hitch, stitch or glitch, I envy your level of satisfaction.

Actually Ken, you've posted here the first time and apologized for your outbursts. Then returned exhibiting the same behavior and apologized again. The third time, you trashed the program and were so sanctimonious about a program behaving so badly as not worthy of being released.

If that's your experience, I feel for you, but this is not your killing field to trash A4T. And your experience is not representative of the program's merits.

Yet one can read your posts at other threads involving crashing your programs but your tone and attitude is very different, in fact, I would even call it civil. Anyone reading your problems with HQPlayer and your NAA could easily equate your state of performance with what you claim A4T burdens you with.

Now you're back here, essentially putting down a program you are troubled with as you are with other programs and behaving badly in my view. Last time, I told you that this is a curated thread, and if you're intent on using this thread as your whipping post in lieu of getting competent support, then I suggest you are wasting your time and ours.

My response to your cranky, put-downs are the result of a member who's having problems, now with an ARA that does not work for you, but works perfectly for me. And perhaps more than just me.

Instead of posting here and putting down the program that others are enjoying, do what you are attempting to do with Jussi and get some competent support and find out what is causing your system and A4THIFIwiRCwARA to be so troublesome for you.

There must be a reason for a program working perfectly for me and not for you. You won't solve your problems here trashing the program and the remote app. I beta test these programs on a typical computer others employ. You haven't once published your configuration and connection information.

And please stop pretending you're being mistreated here. Read the threads at CA, they are filled with members like you who have problems, recurring problems, recurring recurring problems. Hang out at HQPlayer where you do sometimes and count the problems, and the fixes and the fixes for the fixes and on and on. Or at roon. Or at Audirvana Plus.

You save your worst for this thread, and you have had your fifteen minutes.

If I or some other member could help you we would. But it sounds like you require a formal session with Amarra Support. As with HQPlayer and your NAA, somethings need to be worked out. I don't read you ranting at Jussi or accusing him of releasing a program not ready for public use. You might imagine how long that would be tolerated by Jussi or any other innovator.

Personally, I don't care what you do in connection with hardware and software, if you conduct yourself in the manner you demonstrate here whenever you show up, you don't sound to me like someone confident about what they do and how to troubleshoot when somethings go wrong.

If you wish to come back, bring some solutions with you gleaned from professional support. You're entitled to the support. You are not entitled to showing up here and trashing this program and remote app as if your experience represents that experience for the rest of us.

I tried to be sensitive to you. But you are making being empathic towards you very difficult. I wish you good fortune in getting the support you obviously need.

And there happens to be a new app on the way. I am not free to comment on that app yet. But it will be enhanced with highly desirable features not yet made available with the current app. Hope you get your problems worked out.

Best,

Richard

Hi Ken,

A couple of things

- Make sure you have the current build installed, v1242, a link is below for reference.

http://downloads.sonicstudio.com/A4T/21/Amarra_for_TIDAL_Release_2.1.1242.zip

- We recommend doing a mid-level scan to ensure artwork and track information is up to date. It should also allow the remote to perform better.

- On the remote, we initially load 10 or 15 items, depending on category. Swipe upwards on any of the pages to continue to load more information.

- There will be a bit of a delay when you select an album as the track information loads. You'll initially see the album cover, then the tracks will show and you should be on your way. We are continuing to make more improvements to the remote to provide better performance.

best

Ralph

If you have any other questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Sonic Studio Customer Support .:.

Sonic Studio, LLC .:. Trust the transparency

Hi Ken,

A couple of things

- Make sure you have the current build installed, v1242, a link is below for reference.

Thanks, Ralph. Checking the version number was the first thing I did... verified the release and I am running 2.1.1242.

- We recommend doing a mid-level scan to ensure artwork and track information is up to date. It should also allow the remote to perform better.

I did that, as well, as I mention in my post above, right away.

- On the remote, we initially load 10 or 15 items, depending on category. Swipe upwards on any of the pages to continue to load more information.

- There will be a bit of a delay when you select an album as the track information loads. You'll initially see the album cover, then the tracks will show and you should be on your way. We are continuing to make more improvements to the remote to provide better performance.

I think where I got hung up was with the 10 to 15 items. I tried swiping up, down, sideways. I tried this a few times and discovered I need to swipe with a much longer drag on the initial update.

In other words, with the initial 10 displayed albums, I needed to tap/hold/drag more than 1/3rd the vertical screen length. Then, after the first "refresh", smaller, more typical swipes perform as expected with iOS apps, and I was able to populate My Albums on the remote app (after about 10 similar drags). Try it, you will see what I mean with respect to the initial refresh.

With playback, I've noticed that with the remote running, if I click on the desktop app (e.g. My Albums), the desktop app stops responding and I am unable to play anything (or even click on anything that responds - it looks as though the app has crashed).

So, I restarted everything, clicked on a track in the Desktop app, started playing a song and then loaded the remote app. Then, I was able to control playback. Similarly, I loaded the Desktop app and made sure not to click on anything. Then, loaded the remote app and I was able to start playback.

In my earlier experience, I was mixing use of the Desktop and Remote app and, with my initial attempt I found you can't do that, as the desktop app stops responding. It was this playback sequence that made me believe that I could not play anything back.

So, thanks for your comments, but I stand by my earlier posts - if you play with the native Tidal app, using A4T is a poor experience, with respect to navigating Tidal content. It's definitely better than it was, as I wrote, than with the previous release, but it's just not something I will continue to use.

Hi Ken,

A couple of things

best

Ralph

Dear Ralph,

Your presence on behalf of Ken is greatly appreciated. Your tips are always helpful. And Ken's response which demonstrates how he uses the program that results in undesirable responses was not until now made manifest.

What other members can glean from each of your exchanges that using a program in a way that is not designed to be used that way produces results that are regarded as limitations of the program.

I for one enjoy the program and the ARA works for me. Others who don't bother to learn how to use the program and then experience results that don't match their expectations don't take responsibility for how they use the program. Try that with HQPlayer and see what happens. Nothing happens!

This thread is meant to be a resource for the members. Your appearance with helpful hints takes the resource up a peg or two. It furthers everyone's experience when posting that one show up with an outcome and a desire to solve a problem and learn from it not make the program the culprit, trash the program, and dump on those attempting to help.

My outcome for this thread as with all my threads is to create a common ground to explore the program overall, how it performs, the evolution of builds, what works, what doesn't, how to make it better (to help Sonic Studio however that information is useful), problems and solutions, how to use the program correctly so that results match how the program is designed to work.

To accomplish this goal for the thread, members who post here need to show up with cooperative spirit. It's not about making one person right and another wrong. I won't argue with perception. If after a member receives good counsel and chooses to reject the program, that's too bad. I, for one, enjoy this program, and would hope other users arrive at the same destination, to employ A4THIFIwiRCwARA for the best in class and enjoy the music made available at TIDAL HIFI.

I have never interfered with findings that are sincerely offered as a user's experience. The help provided by Amarra Support is always welcome and appreciated.

Best,

Richard

Richard,

I’m a bit confused as to the purpose of this thread. Is it not a resource of information for us, the users of Amarra for TIDAL? You, being the OP and curator of this thread have every right to steer it in the direction of your choosing. But do you only desire good reports? Should we not feel free to share our negative experience? I believe the experience of every single individual who posts here adds to the collective. Good, bad, and everything in between. Now, that’s not to say this should become a bitch-fest either. Bashing Sonic Studio is neither helpful nor appropriate. It is always a hope of mine Sonic Studio will come by and read some of our reports which, as you know, are from a diverse bunch of music lovers with diverse hardware. Hopefully it paints a more complete picture for them, illuminating some rough spots.

I follow and participate in this thread not only for your generous contributions but also for others. I hope other users come here for the same reasons. I hope my sharing here is understood exactly as intended. I have no interest in bashing Sonic Studio but no doubt my frustration is palpable (i.e., I’ve deleted the program and remote from my Mac and iPhone). I want Sonic Studio to succeed. I want them to excel. I want them to innovate.

As to my initial post for this build:

Kludgy? Let's go point by point. What's your beef with that. roon provides a forced rescan when needed. Don't scan then. I do it because it helps to keep the organization of the program in keeping up with the ever-changing additions, deletions (darn them when they remove my favorites because the licensing changes). But, this is not a critique of your feelings about scanning. I get it.

Yes, kludgy. The whole program in fact .. the UI, the scanning, and the pairing with the remote. Seems a scan is necessary for the remote to populate as well.

Can't remember pairing? Yes it can. But under certain circumstances, a new 4-digit code is generated. But once it is paired, the program remembers that code and should relaunch the ARA from then on until something changes. Even if it generates a new 4-digit code, that should be transparent to the operation. I noticed this on my iPhone and on my iPad Air 2. Next time I launch A4THIFI on my iPad Air 2, even if a new code is generated, the ARA and program will pair automatically. That's my experience, Melvin, with both iPhone and iPad Air 2.

I’m happy for your good fortune with the remote. For me, it never remembers the pairing .. iPhone or iPad Air. Never.

Admittedly, I don't use my iPhone for A4THIFI nor for roon's remote app (as opposed to remote client). And on the iPad Air 2, the graphics are fine. Come on over and let me show you. I understand that some members employ their iPhone instead. Sorry it gives you a headache. Doesn't bother me a bit. But you're entitled to get a headache if that is your experience. So I have no intentions of making your assessment wrong. Merely offering a contrast frame.

While you may only glance at artwork briefly, I am looking through the library for my next selection. Keep in mind my system is headless and I use my iDevices exclusively .. I need clarity, not headache inducing blurry cover art.

So, members, every experience I describe is my actual and unfettered use of the new build that performs without incident. Looks good on my iPad Air 2. Cover art graphically is not a magazine level resolution, but good enough to appreciate the cover art for the time I spend looking at it, and that's about in a flash in time, when my attention goes to what's playing and what's playing is truly excellent in sound quality for a streaming program.

Yes, you keep mentioning this. I wish I could say the same.

Just want to thank Melvin for taking the time to post his assessment. And, as I always admonish, it's not what I find, it's what you find and how you feel about what you find. Always check it out for yourselves.

Thank you Richard. Peace.

Melvin

Richard,

I’m a bit confused as to the purpose of this thread. Is it not a resource of information for us, the users of Amarra for TIDAL? You, being the OP and curator of this thread have every right to steer it in the direction of your choosing. But do you only desire good reports? Should we not feel free to share our negative experience? I believe the experience of every single individual who posts here adds to the collective. Good, bad, and everything in between. Now, that’s not to say this should become a bitch-fest either. Bashing Sonic Studio is neither helpful nor appropriate. It is always a hope of mine Sonic Studio will come by and read some of our reports which, as you know, are from a diverse bunch of music lovers with diverse hardware. Hopefully it paints a more complete picture for them, illuminating some rough spots.

I follow and participate in this thread not only for your generous contributions but also for others. I hope other users come here for the same reasons. I hope my sharing here is understood exactly as intended. I have no interest in bashing Sonic Studio but no doubt my frustration is palpable (i.e., I’ve deleted the program and remote from my Mac and iPhone). I want Sonic Studio to succeed. I want them to excel. I want them to innovate.

As to my initial post for this build:

Yes, kludgy. The whole program in fact .. the UI, the scanning, and the pairing with the remote. Seems a scan is necessary for the remote to populate as well.

I’m happy for your good fortune with the remote. For me, it never remembers the pairing .. iPhone or iPad Air. Never.

While you may only glance at artwork briefly, I am looking through the library for my next selection. Keep in mind my system is headless and I use my iDevices exclusively .. I need clarity, not headache inducing blurry cover art.

Yes, you keep mentioning this. I wish I could say the same.

Thank you Richard. Peace.

Melvin

Hello Melvin,

What is the point of your post? Was your post deleted? You expressed your opinion and I responded with my experience. You chose to delete the program and the ARA based on your experience. I chose to keep the program installed, test the beta builds, review the beta, then review the program, then review the ARA.

Clearly, we disagree based on our direct experience. Actually, I amazed that you take this tact, you done so before, in the past, mismatching me, only to render an apology for correcting me incorrectly. Now you're implying that I am only permitting posts which find the product satisfactory. How do you justify such a conclusion.

Your post has not been tampered with. You got to express your experience. I matched your experience with a different experience. I did not make it up.

Visit any of the threads about software and products, the threads are filled with posts about how lousy the program is and it doesn't work for them, how the updates did not fix their problems, how the latest builds caused more problems.

You have returned to this thread to discredit me and how I curate this thread? Another member in your camp first posted here with a diatribe directed at A4T and apologized for his excess. He then posted a second time and that too was a diatribe, and in the same post apologized. In his third post, he trashed the program, asserting his credentials in program development and ranted A4T should never have been released and was not worthy of being sold at any price. He denigrated the ARA as unworkable. And, yesterday, he returned and continued his rant about the ARA not working at all.

He as you have just done then take aim at me and protest my curatorship of this thread. If you believe that because you deleted the program and the ARA and that your experience defines the program for the rest of us, and that I am inhibiting your right to characterize the program, how foolish can you be. Your post in black and white remains for others to read. I haven't changed a thing.

But don't delude the rest of us who have a working program that delivers how quality SQ and an ARA I use all the time that while not perfect is pretty damn good. You've had your say. The other member has his say. Have you sought support from Amarra Support? If you did, what was the cause of your problems? Do you believe your unfortunate experience is the only experience a member can anticipate having?

How useful is it for the other member to return here time after time and trash the program? He even acknowledged that he wasn't using the program as designed. And there must be some impediments that add to the complexities he experiences.

What's next, Melvin, I am misrepresenting the program. I protecting Sonic Studio from negative comments. The last time you contradicted me, and return to acknowledge you were wrong, I let it go. Your post today has used up my willingness to allow you to discredit me any longer. You have also had issues with other programs and hardware like the rest of us.

Now you have made this personal by disparaging me, my integrity and my honesty. I have not once impugned your experience or you. You, too, have had your fifteen minutes. You are entitled to post here. I have never edited or refused your posts. Returning to this thread to denigrate a program that doesn't work for you over and over again is not very useful to the rest of us. We got that the first time. What have you done to find out the cause, a cure, a resolution? Have you participated in a remote session with Amarra Support?

If nothing is possible to make it right for you by Amarra Support, are you entitled to a refund. I am sure you'd prefer a working program to enjoy the music.

That you have publicly criticized me, after I have always offered you help openly and in PMs, I will have to endure as I have no intentions of deleting your post. I will leave your attributions of disrepute and characterizations of me to the sensibilities of the other members. I am sure it won't take much for some members to join you. You may have noticed that Barry Diament has left the premises because of certain members who behaved badly. There's a point where a member of Barry's stature doesn' need that kind of disparagement.

I will continue to hold Sonic Studio accountable as I have done so in black and white since 2011. My threads include all those posts where I have expressed the need for accountability.

You're free to post here. If you feel post after post to relate how imperfect the program is for you, at some point I will have to make a decision that you have had your fifteen minutes, expressed your truth unfettered, but that taking shots at me is the not acceptable. And you are on notice. When you had problems with a certain person and hardware, I advised you and apparently was of service to you then. I'll advise you now, however, unsolicited that your characterizations of me are outright a distortion and disproportionate and unworthy of how I have always treated you.

Take your matters with Sonic Studio to them for a resolution. I will continue to review this program and the remote as I find them. I have never done otherwise.

Richard

Richard,

Wow, I did not see that coming nor do I understand this vehemence. Your reaction to my post, my supposed implication of discrediting you, etc. is just .. I’m flabbergasted Richard. You’ve read something into my post which I assure you was not there but, as you seem quite convinced, I won’t try to change your mind. An apology? I think you owe me one sir. Peace.

Melvin

Richard,

Wow, I did not see that coming nor do I understand this vehemence. Your reaction to my post, my supposed implication of discrediting you, etc. is just .. I’m flabbergasted Richard. You’ve read something into my post which I assure you was not there but, as you seem quite convinced, I won’t try to change your mind. An apology? I think you owe me one sir. Peace.

Melvin

I have neither asked you for an apology nor do I use to. As for the tone of your post, you have posted multiple times how disappointed you are resulting in the deletion of the program and remote app. Multiple posts exclaiming the same communication serves no purpose.

Neither have you informed the membership of what steps you took to correct the problem. Apparently some members experience a level of problems that require the attention of Amarra Support. You've had problems with other products and worked them out or not.

Here at this thread, the resource for the membership is not improved by multiple posts complaining. Your welcome to post if you have something of value to post besides how fed up you are. It would help to know whether Amarra Support provided a remote session and were not able to get you up and running; and, if not, what the impediment is to fixing your problem.

As for me, I am quite satisfied with my response to you. The meaning of your communication is the response I provided.

Good fortune,

Richard

Hello All,

As some members have come forward and trashed the program multiple times, I have responded by asking them to seek professional support from Sonic Studio to either cure their problems or find some other resolution.

This thread is not intended as a killing field for members to dump on the program. It's one thing to report a problem one is having and seek a resolution which is proactive. And another to post here repeatedly with complaints that are never addressed.

Clearly, the CA Forum with all its threads on products etc. demonstrate how vast the number of problems arise with hardware/software. One of the goals of this thread is to provide a context for reviews of the product, news about the evolution of the product, new builds, how to, fixes, and getting the attention of Sonic Studio, which I imagine monitors this thread. In this way, all matters about the program are centralized.

I have no investment in promoting only good reports. I have never excluded a post that involved a problem. When issues arise, their is also the obligation to find a resolution. I or another member may know of a fix, make a recommendation, or the member needs to report the problem to Sonic Studio. Otherwise, whatever is causing the problem will never get remedied. Sometimes a new build can fix a problem. But what if the problem is outside of the build but the product is blamed?

I use A4THIFIwiRCwARA all the time. I have no special abilities. If a problem arises I seek a solution. I email Sonic Studio, or Jussi Laako of HQPlayer, or the staff at roon. Have you read the threads for all those software players? More than half of the threads contain members with problems with the build's, the hardware they use to for the programs etc.

I would appreciate if the membership post their reviews of the products and the new builds that arrive. Keeping track of what is working and what needs attention helps us help Sonic Studio.

I enjoy A4T all the time. Others have issues most of the time. What is the difference that makes the difference? Some members post with issues as if their issues define the product that many, many of us use daily without issues.

Recently Dirac SE changed to new servers and we lost the use of iRC. And, yes, there are bugs and peccadillos with A4THIFI which is not a perfect program. But issues which make it impossible to use the program is another matter, and posting here repetitively will certainly not get the issues resolved without the intervention of professional support from Sonic Studio.

Posting here may get their attention, but doing so requires a thoughtful approach not a diatribe, a rant, with little or no information about their system configuration and connections and other software used, i.e. OS, etc. If the membership chooses not to post here about the product so be it. But this thread remains a resource, and to keep it at that level the use of this thread needs to be thoughtful and cooperative to help each other and Sonic Studio to help us.

Thank you for your attention.

Richard

Richard,

Melvin

Melvin, I've seen your and other's frustrations about dealing with this issue. There's already a backlash in the works against threads run by people with a need to control others. Really an unfortunate turn of events. Just sayin'. One can always avoid these people and start their own thread, as others have also started to do. Just my opinion. Sorry for the interruption.

Ha! can't wait to see what's next. Actually I've said my peace and am out. I'm sure the need for you-know-who to have a final and say will follow, but I won't see it. :)

Melvin, I've seen your and other's frustrations about dealing with this issue. There's already a backlash in the works against threads run by people with a need to control others. Really an unfortunate turn of events.

+1 ... I won't subscribe to anymore of his threads. It's just too hard and it takes all of the fun out of the hobby.

If there was ever an objective statement to be made about hi-fi on forums such as this one, it is that A4T is a scandalously poor program, not because of its SQ, but because of its bugginess. See Amara (sic) for Tidal 2.0 thread for substantiation of such an outrageous claim.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile mobile app

• 2 months later...

Downloaded the trial of the Amarra for Tidal yesterday.

I am experiencing a serious power issue. While normal programs including Amarra Hifi might at peak use about 20-30% of the CPU Amarra for Tidal uses constantly above 100% (did not even know this would be possible). Hence my Mac heats up quickly and the fan starts already after a few minutes.

Any recommendations?

• 8 months later...

Hi all, new here!

Please bear with me, I would love it if someone could guide me to an answer... perhaps this has been discussed previously...

....I am running a MacBook Pro 2012 i7 16GB ram, SSD 1TB.... Solid older system for most tasks. I am using Tidal and love it so far in spite of some quirks. Recently I am evaluating Amarra for Tidal to see if I like it well enough to purchase. Here's the rub, it makes my machine run HOT! Like the poor thing is working hard even when Im not playing music and even when my mac has blacked out (timed out, not really "sleeping")...

Any ideas? Any known fixes or ways to tell Amarra to chill when idling, lol???

Thanks in advance! I look forward to sharing many geeky things about my gear and experiences with this forum, and hearing all about you all!

Thanks

Barrett (Laboomba)

There is a thread with misspelled title "Amara for Tidal 2.0" on CA. You'll find my and many other complaints there. You've been warned. In my opinion it's a total waste of money, and the company is anything but responsive. That it makes your machine run hot doesn't surprise me. It made mine crash repeatedly. I thought I was in the early nineties again on my fluorescent green iMac that looked like it was from outer space. That kind of nostalgia I can do without.

Audirvana Plus was for me a far better product for the money, and I'd still be using it had I not gotten away from a computer altogether when I got a uRendu.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Well super thanks to you Sockpit for your speedy reply!

Yes, i'm not really interested into throwing back to unstable software either! I love the idea of being able to EQ to account for some of the idiosyncrasies of my current crop of headphones, of which there are six really delightful models/variances of tone available… tidal itself is just clean and mean and pretty sweet but I thought I would give it a try because if it didn't crud up the signal path too dramatically, and equalizer feature, especially with headphone presets from my X2's to my 50 RP MK threes, to my V Moda X 100s… Yes yes I know I'm all over the map, to my Sennheiser HD 598SE model and then after that the audio Teknika 40 X and the venerable old Sony MDR V6… Those 6 are my fun cans, not including any of the ultimate ears or other in ear monitors blah blah blah

In sampling the product I did notice it's quirkiness and it's lag in response and I felt I could've lived with all of that, as annoying as that felt in a user interface… However if it has optimization problems and it's tugging on my processor constantly even when not technically in use, that just seems kind of unacceptable or maybe it's just a bug or maybe it's just a setting I can tweak within OS X… Just don't know, but I don't want it working that hard when I'm not using it , frying my processor

I will go now and seek out that thread you mention , thanks again!

B