Chord 2Qute

The qutest runs on 5 V.

The 2qute on 12 V.

:-)

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

• 2 months later...

I don't use either, but I do believe you need a plugin for native DSD playback on Foobar.  Does Foobar show the track playing?

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

10 minutes ago, soupcampbell said:

:/

Anybody here using Foobar2000 & microRendu with their 2Qute? I am unable to get the combination to play DSD files.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

You may want to read some of this thread or ask Jesus if the 2Qute is supported natively. I don't see it on the recently updated list on page 1. Hope this helps.

AFAIK (and according to its user manual) the 2Qute only does DoP, not native DSD

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Smith! It  definitely improved the sound, but if you really want how good the 2qute is, try first an ultrarendu with an Sbooster. Of course the price is higher but be sure that you will be surprised... 

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 9:03 AM, smith123 said:

Hi all,

I’m a very happy owner of the 2qute. I’m only using the stock PSU right now.

I could get a used SBooster LPSU with SBooster Ultra. Would it be worth it? What would I gain with a better power supply? 

Cheers

You will wonder why you have been listening to it all this time without a LPSU...

2015 MacBook Pro > SOtM tX-USBultra > Mutec MC3+USB > Chord Blu Mk2 > Chord Dave > ATC SIA2-150/P1/P2 > ATC SCM50 PSLT

• 7 months later...

just bought one of these second hand and am now wondering how to best integrate it into my system.  Because all inputs on the 2cute seem to be very capable after reading, I think I'm "spoilt for choice" here and really can't decide which way to go.  Of course I'll do the A/B testing, but having limited mobility, it is more challenging for me.  So I'm looking for some helpful shortcuts to help me determine which input to use based on your guys' experience.

For my metrum amethyst, I find that coax spdif is by far better than USB.  It has a very focused, clean, tight center image and the imaging is improved.  Attacks/decays are more pristine.  No contest here vs USB.

I run a Mac Mini with Aurdirvana+ (direct mode 'hack').  For the metrum, I use a Singxer SU-1 bridge, with which I am very pleased.  The SU-1 accepts USB and spits out spdif (optical or coax bnc/rca).  I also have an iFi iUSB 3.0 reclocker - power injector that I put between the computer and the SU-1- just because I have it and it doesn't harm the sound.

So I figure these three input options are available - but which would you recommend?:

1. USB either direct or with the iFi reclocker in line

2. BNC coax passed through the SU-1

3. Optical passed through the SU-1

I did a search on this thread but didn't read all 16 pages yet.  I'll be caught up soon enough and thank you guys in advance for sharing your experiences again.

^^^ so after reading all these pages:  the consensus here is to use USB but avoid double galvanic isolation.  Also, avoid choking off the 5v power feeding the 2Qute.  Any of these will cause issues.  

I'll play around and report back - if requested.  

okay @Ralf11 - early results with the 2Qute suggest that the USB with iFi iUSB3.0 between the computer and DAC work the best.   More holographic and weighty without any blur or lack of imaging focus.

USB without the toy in line is very good too - I don't know if I'm hearing a difference, or it's placebo.  I keep the toy in there, because why not?  It certainly isn't doing any harm that I can hear.

Coax BNC (via SU-1) was good too - it had a harder, more percussive sound with very good imaging, but not as enveloping (3D) and didn't layer depth as well.  Soundstage wasn't quite as grand.  The sound was more 'familiar' to me having lived with this converter for about a year - So I think I'm hearing a bit of its sonic character.  

Honestly, I could live with either input.  Sadly, I was wrong about my converter... it doesn't output optical, so couldn't test that.  

So far this DAC is very good.  It's warmer and richer than I thought it would be.  I think Qutest is in my crosshairs over the next few months.