IGNORED

New Keith Jarrett 24/96 remasters on Qobuz

Can I infer that unlike AnotherSpin, you thought the Redbook transfer of Survivors' Suite was pretty good?

You mean that prior to this remasters issue? If so, I don't know. Just assuming that it sounds as it was recorded and on my system is not so bright with good depth of the stage and this "analogueish" touch that I can listen to it without any headache.

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

Can I infer that unlike AnotherSpin, you thought the Redbook transfer of Survivors' Suite was pretty good?

I want to specify or clarify, if I could. I had Survivors' LP back in 70-s, and it sounded just awesome, even in comparison with other Jarrett's LPs on ECM. Another LP set which I remember with outstanding sound from those times was Eyes Of The Heart. CD transfers of these recordings were not so good at all. New hirez remasters are much, much closer.

I want to specify or clarify, if I could. I had Survivors' LP back in 70-s, and it sounded just awesome, even in comparison with other Jarrett's LPs on ECM. Another LP set which I remember with outstanding sound from those times was Eyes Of The Heart. CD transfers of these recordings were not so good at all. New hirez remasters are much, much closer.

That is also my understanding. They did very good job to that mid 70s records.

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

I was happy to get access to bigger part of ECM catalogue in a times between late 70s to early 90s. My close friend has been bringing ECM LPs by boxes from Europe and US to Odessa. ECM sound quality became a paragon for me for ever. By the way, US prints (made by WB, if I remember well) in most cases sounded slightly better than those printed in Germany. When I started to buy ECM CDs in 90s I was mostly disappointed by transfers of early ECM albums from 70s-80s. Many new ECM CDs made in digital age (90s and later) sounded ok.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...