IGNORED

Music for testing Audio Equipment

• 10 months later...
On 4/21/2022 at 4:03 PM, christian u said:

I noticed that you commented on how well mastered the RedBook CD's from Carmen's albums are in another thread. I think that should be mentioned here as a I guess many audiophiles are still perfectly happy with Compact Disks and LP's. A well mastered compact disc played with a good dedicated player on a good system still competes very well with high res downloads.

I do like to get hold of the studio master file in original format when possible but these CD's does sound veru very good indeed.

spacer.pngspacer.png

List her Robert Johnson albums as well. They are a high point in her career and the SQ is incredible;

spacer.png spacer.png

there is even a 32/768 version at soundliaison.com.  

“Engineer Frans de Rond has captured the entire setting in a way that allows you to experience the superb interplay of these seasoned musicians. This is so well recorded that turning up the volume knob significantly never makes the music too loud, only more intense.
With this release, an impressively good album has been added to Carmen's discography. My suggestion is to buy both part one (Up Jumped The Devil) and part two (Stones in My Passway as they don't fall short of each other and only become more precious with time.” ‘JazzFliets’

• 1 month later...
On 3/24/2019 at 10:56 AM, PAP said:

They released it this weekend.

It's a fantastic live recording. I'll go as far after the first listen to say that audiophile live recordings does not get better than this.

This could be an instant classic. 

Blows away "Jazz at the Pawn Shop".

spacer.png

Feenbrothers - Play Dave Brubeck

as I just mentioned in another thread, the album is 40% of this week. And I agree it does sound very very good. Those 1 mic recordings all seem to get even better with time. Lately I've been listening to the new Joshua Redman recording. I like the music but sound wise it doesn't even come close to those 1 mic recordings. One can only hope he will make one as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2024 at 9:26 PM, oso said:

as I just mentioned in another thread, the album is 40% of this week. And I agree it does sound very very good. Those 1 mic recordings all seem to get even better with time. Lately I've been listening to the new Joshua Redman recording. I like the music but sound wise it doesn't even come close to those 1 mic recordings. One can only hope he will make one as well.

fine video of the concert here;