IGNORED

Music for testing Audio Equipment

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, phillip said:

For  Setup.  Ballad of.the Runaway Horse.
Rob Wasserman Jennifer Warnes.

For Acoustic Bass.
Brian Bromberg. Wood 1 or 2.

Good shout. Brian Bromberg has an online store advertising Wood on CD but I couldn't complete the check out - maybe they're out of stock or don't ship to the UK. It was apparently recorded at 24/96 but doesn't seem to be available as a download anywhere.

wood-cover.jpg

I like the sound of his "Bromberg Plays Hendrix" which is available on Qobuz.

🎸🎶🏔️🐺

On 7/13/2020 at 6:06 PM, phillip said:

For  Setup.  Ballad of.the Runaway Horse.
Rob Wasserman Jennifer Warnes.

For Acoustic Bass.
Brian Bromberg. Wood 1 or 2.

For  Setup;  spacer.png One Mic Recording  'https://www.soundliaison.com/

.....These guys and this recording just rocks. Pace, rhythm, tone and soundstage are just off the charts.
The precise placement of all four of the musicians perfectly matches the photos of the sessions.
The balance of all four instruments is darn near perfect. As you can no doubt tell, I am a huge fan of this recording.
It is one of the best in terms of recording quality I have ever heard. Of course, and as always,
your view of the actual music content may vary quite considerably from mine.
Nonetheless, I think we would all agree that this recording sounds sensational....Review about One Mic Recording by Joe Whip at Audiophile Style.

For Acoustic Bass;  "God Bless The Child"; from spacer.png

For when needing to play something LOUD; spacer.png 

My wife likes Jose James - While You Were Sleeping from the LP of the same title. It is very bass heavy but too much bass loses all the highend details. Very tricky song to get right.

José James - While You Were Sleeping

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

• 5 weeks later...

Just get The Visual Sound  from SOUND LIAISON.  It has a great variation of superbly well recorded tracks.

spacer.png

Gary Galo wrote a very interesting article about it in AUDIOEXPRESS Audioxpress. recording-review-taking-a-listen-to-sound-liaison-s-dxd-music-sampler

De Rond notes that until recently his approach to recording was similar to that of most other engineers. He employed multi-microphone techniques, using one or more microphones per instrument, attempting to get the greatest separation by placing the performers in separate acoustical baffles. This method, used along with multi-track recording, allows a great deal of flexibility after the session, because the engineer has complete control over the balances and the stereo perspective long after the musicians have left the studio.

The problem de Rond noted was that the musicians don’t blend very well and don’t sound as though they are performing in the same acoustical space. Recording with many microphones also introduces phase artifacts. To avoid these problems, he did an about-face and decided to make a number of recordings with a single stereo microphone. It can sometimes take time to find the right spot for a single-point stereo microphone and, particularly when recording a live event, there are no second chances. But, when you get it right, as de Rond notes, the result is “phase coherence, perfect imaging, great sense of depth, and superior realism.” Musicians have been most enthusiastic about his efforts. He quotes bass player Clemens van der Feen as saying “I never heard my bass like this before on any recording. Finally it sounds the way I always wanted.”

Also Secret World Live - by Peter Gabriel is a wonderfully recorded CD - the video is also amazing.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

• 2 weeks later...