IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

27 minutes ago, kilroy said:

I have a N100C, which is yeah, at the bottom of the pile. How far do I have to go up the line to get a noticeable improvement in sound quality? I don't need a DAC model. I see the new N200, and at a pretty big jump pricewise over the 100, but haven't heard anything about it. And what kind of differences will I hear at that next level? My system is pretty resolving. Also I didn't feel like looking through 165 pages to see if this question has already been asked lol. Thanks.

Which DAC do you have and how is it connected to the N100C?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, KenCyclingNYC said:

@kilroy- I have a NAS which is where I store my primary library; I'd like the ability to delete when my moods change such as, I've over listened xxx and want to reload the Aurender drives with YYY. It wuld be for those reasons. Incidentally, I have three different sources for backups so the Aurender is for "today's mood" and not long-lasting fiiles if that makes sense

Interesting use case. 

I wonder if ACS is a better Aurender for this because it’s more flexible for library management. Not totally sure because I’ve never tried to manage a collection like you do. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 minute ago, scoc said:

The below are just my personal findings in my room and hifi setup (Aurender N100H/ Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ / Norma IPA140 / ATC SCM11 / Tellurium Ultra Black II cabling)

N200:

• More neutral sound and most likely more honest than N100H.
  • Increased resolution and openness.
  • Different sound flavour compared to N100H. 
  • Drops the ball a bit with lesser quality internet radio streams compared to N100H.
  • N200 is tuned differently. I wonder if Aurender caved to the latest hifi flavour in being much more transparent and honest to the source?
  • Considering N200’s price tag they should have used an Oled display and not LCD. It is really obvious when comparing to N100H display the N200 is less quality and harder to read from an angle etc.

N100H:

• Sound is more relaxed and smooth. Much nicer to listen to for long period of time.
  • Lesser quality streams (internet radio) sounds good.
  • Resolution drop and less open compared to N200.
  • I know the N100 most likely is less true to the source but I do not mind that when it plays so fluent and smooth.

So, the N200 is packed up and will be returned to my dealer. I will audition the N10 this Fri, hoping that keeps the sound signature of the N100H.

I love that Norma amp!

4 minutes ago, scoc said:

Thx! Until a year ago I never heard of the Norma brand but my ATC hifi dealer told me that I should have a listen to it. At the time I compared it to to Moon 340i which I also liked very much but it then end chose the Norma. It replaced a Lyngdorf Tdai 3400 which had a totally different sound signature compared to the Norma and was rather flat sounding with not much depth to the sound although it had power to spare.

The internal design of Norma components is equally impressive. 

3 minutes ago, KenCyclingNYC said:

I understand but keep my "owned" music on the NAS and my current listening portfolio on the Aurender; two different approaches, no bad answers here. In the meantime, my N10 bombed out during the latest firmware update so watch out!

Ah, I see the utility of such a delete function in this scenario. If you only have a subset of your music on the Aurender, and move music from your NAS to the Aurender once in a while for listening, it makes total sense to have a delete function within the app. It's very easy to find the albums you want to remove in an app versus through Windows Explorer or macOS Finder.

Now I get it. 

2 hours ago, Anonamemouse said:

My home computer, windows 10 pro, from press-the-powerbutton to ready-to-rock in 6 seconds.

My N100SC from press-the-powerbutton to ready-to-rock in 3 minutes... 

Yes, this annoys me. It's all solid state drives, Aurender used a stripped version of an already lean OS, why does it need to take that long to start up?

It’s possible your Windows PC has a very fast CPU, fast RAM, and everything built without care for possible effects on audio output. 

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, MarkusBarkus said:

I'm planning to relocate my ACS10 to a room with no ethernet capability for a headphone set-up. Hard-wire is a no-go to this location. 

Any experience/opinions on USB/WiFi "dongle" vs. WiFi extender with ethernet cable output into Aurender per usual?

Probably more interested in SQ over performance, but like both, of course.

Thank you...

Here you go. 

1 hour ago, PrTv said:

Problem solved by updating the app in my iPad. Apologies for my inability to read the thread before posting.

Hi...

Like others, I also have problem connecting to Tidal ("Client not found" issue). I checked for any new firmware but found that my unit is currently on the most recent one.

Have opened the remote assistance request, but as I live in the far side of the world (assuming the support is based in the US), the process is quite inconvenient. I can leave the unit on if the fix happens while I am sleeping, but I understand this assistance needs action on my end to allow access to the unit?

Isn't it easier to release a patch that can be deployed to all affected unit via "software update"?

Support isn’t only based in the US. Aurender has support in the US, Europe, and Asia. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, tmhaudio said:

Just moved to a new home in countryside gated community and beginning to set-up main system with N100H. 

Problem: Router/Modem is NOT in same room as system so direct ethernet connection not an option

Purchased WiFi USB adapter:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08KHV7H1S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Connected to N100H USB data port

Powered on N100H to home screen

Does not show in my "Settings/Connections" on Android or PC

Placed WiFiUSB Adapter next to my router - still not showing in available networks

Many networks show including my favorite "FreeVirus"

QUESTION: Do I need to do something to "activate" to get USB adapter to connect to my network?

Thanks for any help!

Jim Ricketts/tmhaudio

That device requires drivers on the Aurender. I would use something like this. 

16 minutes ago, tmhaudio said:

@AriMargolis 

UPDATE:

The WiFi Extender delivered via 1-day Amazon

Set-up was no problem 

Conductor initially did not recognize Aurender - kept asking for IP address

Left for a while

Drank 1/2 the booze

Came back and Conductor offered the N100 as a selection

Selected N100

Drank the remaining 1/2 booze

All's well tonight

Awesome!

17 minutes ago, KenCyclingNYC said:

New question (or software request). Is there a way to schedule the music to stop playing after xxxx minutes? If so, how do you engage it? If not, it would be a nice feature. Usually I listen to music prior to sleep so if it stopped playing after an hour, it won’t continue playing and playing and playing….  Thanks!

Like a sleep timer. I do this when listening to audio books at night on my phone. Very nice. 

• 4 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, lmf22 said:

I already sent a remote support request to Aurender, but thought I should post here too in case someone had a similar problem and know a solution.

I'm using the X-SPDIF 2 with my Aurender N100C, and have a weird problem. It worked for two days and then suddenly stopped working. The Aurender plays the files and the DAC shows a signal lock, but there's no sound.

This is my setup: Aurender N100C → USB → Matrix → I2S → PS Audio DirectStream Jr. DAC

The DAC would lock onto the sampling rate correctly, but always shows “24 bit” even if I’m playing 16 bit files.

I know the Aurender is working because direct connection from Aurender to DAC via USB works fine.
I know the Matrix is working because connecting from the computer works fine (i.e., Computer-- USB-- Matrix-- I2S-- DAC works fine). I tested the following configurations:
Aurender → USB → DirectStream Jr. [works]
Aurender → Coax → DirectStream Jr. [works]

Aurender → USB → Matrix → I2S → DirectStream Jr. [doesn’t work]
Aurender → USB → Matrix → Coax → DirectStream Jr. [doesn’t work]
Aurender → USB → Matrix → Coax → Burson Conductor 3 DAC/amp [doesn’t work]

Computer → USB → Matrix → I2S–> DirectStream Jr. [works]

One interesting thing happened though with this setup:
Computer → USB → Matrix with iFi iPower X 9V → I2S–> DirectStream Jr. [doesn’t work]
But…unplugged iFi iPower X, the LED on Matrix turns off and on, and then music starts playing again. 

I wasn't able to repeat this behavior, with or without the iFi iPower X. 

I tried 1) restarting the Aurender, 2) shutdown Aurender wait 30 seconds and turn on, 3) factory reset Aurender.

So I think I’ve narrowed down to some kind of compatibility issue with the Aurender and Matrix. Maybe the Matrix isn't locking onto the signal from the Aurender. But I don’t understand why it worked for two days and then suddenly stops working. I also don’t know how the iFi iPower X fits into all this. 

Have you tried at different sample rates? Sometimes high sample rates bring about issues that are present, but don't always appear at 44.1.