IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

59 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Tidal Max now available. 

IMG_0772.jpeg

But... Does it actually inform you what the source of the music is?

Do they tell you if you are listening to the Mobile Fidelity remaster which generally is the best a recording will ever sound, or is it the DR4 remaster which will give you a headache after 4 songs?

Unfortunately, it's usually the second. Because many audiophools only look at numbers and don't actually do some research or even just sit in the dark and *listen*.

An annoying noise annoys an oyster

I dont see any problems reported about the last software update. My A10 is now running 5.23.430 and has become very unstable ever since.

Every album or so the app shuts down. I have to restart the conductor app and then search for the Aurender again, connection is apparently lost. It takes only about 20 seconds, but is very anoying anyway.

Also the conductor 4 app is very unstable. It shuts down very often. So I am running conductor 3 because this is a little bit more stable.

Development of the v4 app is going in the wrong direction if you ask me. Buttons for example for deleting the play list after hitting the "clear function" is randomly placed at the bottom of the Ipad screen. Not logic at all.

I dont see any issues reported so far. Am I the only one dealing with these issues?

My Aurender was very stable until the conductor 4 app and especially since the last software update.

44 minutes ago, edje said:

I dont see any problems reported about the last software update. My A10 is now running 5.23.430 and has become very unstable ever since.

Every album or so the app shuts down. I have to restart the conductor app and then search for the Aurender again, connection is apparently lost. It takes only about 20 seconds, but is very anoying anyway.

Also the conductor 4 app is very unstable. It shuts down very often. So I am running conductor 3 because this is a little bit more stable.

Development of the v4 app is going in the wrong direction if you ask me. Buttons for example for deleting the play list after hitting the "clear function" is randomly placed at the bottom of the Ipad screen. Not logic at all.

I dont see any issues reported so far. Am I the only one dealing with these issues?

My Aurender was very stable until the conductor 4 app and especially since the last software update.

You are not alone my friend.  I have had nothing but problems with the various V4 production and beta releases.   I know Aurender is working diligently on the issue but it appears to be a tough nut to crack.   I too am back to using V3.

2 hours ago, edje said:

And what about the latest software version? The V3 app is also less stable since the latest sw ugrade. Do you recognise that also?

I haven't noticed that, but I have an N200 so the software may be different.   In any case, you should call or email Aurender support so that they are aware of your issues. 

I actually dont know if it has anything to do with my ipad 6 (2018). It is a very slow platform in combination with conductor v3. Changing of a directory takes about 2 seconds each step and therefore constant waiting if you want to change to another file or directory. To change from music files on the Aurender to the NAS for example takes 24 seconds because several steps are involved and every step takes some time, very annoying.

These 2 seconds are vanished within v4, but it has other issues obviously.

The V4 iOS apps have been unstable for me too. Everytime I open the app it reloads the database. And with the latest version the play button does not work if the N20 has gone idle after an album ended, whereas previously it would wake up when play was pressed. I have to close and restart the app each time. 

It seems there have been several V4 releases in quick succession. I'd rather they take the time needed to test and work out most bugs before releasing a new version. 

Still sounds fantabulous but these little UX issues are annoying. 

12 minutes ago, Andrewteee said:

Everytime I open the app it reloads the database. And with the latest version the play button does not work if the N20 has gone idle after an album ended, whereas previously it would wake up when play was pressed. I have to close and restart the app each time. 

@Andrewteee are you still experiencing these issues with yesterday's app update (V4.5.7)?  Please double-check that you are using the latest version available from the App Store/Play Store. If these problems persist, we would greatly appreciate it if you would rase a support ticket by emailing [email protected] with a brief description of the problems. Both of these issues you mention here were supposed to be addressed in yesterday's update.

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Not sure what’s going on with this. I’ve disabled vTuner in the settings, but when launching Conductor it’s clearly doing something vTuner related and the icon never goes away. 

IMG_0197.jpeg

IMG_0199.jpeg

I haven't even  registered my Aurender to use vTuner and it still always has the icon displayed and its does seem to do something with Vtuner every time I launch the Conductor app.

Conductor v4 (4.5.7) constantly requires reconnecting to my N30SA (v1.23.424). This did not happen prior to Conductor v4 (4.5.7) and/or Aurender (v1.23.424).

I find this to be true if I navigate away to another open app on my device (iPhone 13 Pro iOS v17.1.2) and then return to Conductor V4, or if the device's screen locks and requires unlocking.

I have submitted a service request through the Conductor app. 

Audio Note AN-E SPx AlNiCo, Audio Note P4 Tonmeister 300B Balanced Monos, Bricasti Audio M21 DAC,  Aurender N30SA, Esoteric UX3-Pi, Audio Note Sogon, SPx and WyWires cabling, Environmental Potentials EP-2050 Whole House AC Filter, Torus TOT Mini Isolation Transformer, Dedicated Audio AC Circuit

On 5/24/2023 at 10:52 AM, Vincent1234 said:

@Ponzi Yes, it can make a difference, as an optical connection will employ galvanic isolation. But.. using an optical connection also means you will have a double signal conversion: first from electric to optical and second back again from optical to electric. This can cause troubles too. In my experience a (very) good network cable will sound better than an optical solution.

Thanks for this explanation, @Vincent1234. I had just read, on a different forum, about fibre optic cables as a solution to Ethernet noise and I didn’t know what to make of it. Your explanation (a gain in one respect offset by a loss in another) makes sense to me.

Aurender N200 music server, Bryston BDA-3 DAC, PS Audio BHK Signature preamp, Bryston 4B3 power amp, and Diapason Adamantes III monitor speakers. Power cords from AudioQuest and Shunyata; interconnects from Silnote Audio.

7 minutes ago, jrsub said:

Sweet, will be looking forward to hearing your impressions.  Especially how the class D amp performs.   

I have it connected to the Wilson Audio TuneTots right now and will move it over to the Alexia V after a while. This is a different class of Aurender product than I've seen previously. The analog volume control is really nice. I'm even trying the analog inputs right now. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png