IGNORED

Best server software for Synology NAS?

Todd,

I really don't think your errors (warnings are another thing but ignore right now) are caused by tags. I could be wrong. Check with Simon at Minimserser forum. I think they are caused by incompatible encoding of aiff or wav, etc. As I pointed out earlier, there was a time when JRiver aiff encoding was adding wrong chunk sizes at the end of files (simplified), which Minimserver seems allergic to. JRiver fixed it. Simply re-convert them in JRiver if you want (right click, library tools, convert format). I had a FLAC encoding issue from 2009 (version 18, daily 153 or something) and couldn't identify which of my 20,000 files from that year were a problem, so I did them all. It took a few hours.

Agreed! Just take one of the problem albums, use XLD to convert from AIFF to FLAC, and copy it back to the NAS. If this fixes the problem, the issue is the files themselves, not the tags.

I wouldn't even convert them to FLAC...just leave 'em at AIFF. That's what I did and it fixed those that needed to be done.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

You are both correct.

I would leave the "Delete original files after successful conversion" box unchecked during the test run to see if the files size changes as this would be a strong indicator of the problem that Ted mentioned. Check the box during batch conversion though or you will need to go into each folder and delete the old files.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

Thanks guys,

I've done a few....now I have some duplicates showing in the app. One with all the tracks and one with some of the tracks.

I've rescanned the server and refreshed and/or cleared the cache, but they persist.

BTW, thanks everyone for all your help so far.

Thanks guys,

I've done a few....now I have some duplicates showing in the app. One with all the tracks and one with some of the tracks.

I've rescanned the server and refreshed and/or cleared the cache, but they persist.

BTW, thanks everyone for all your help so far.

Perfect, so now you know it works. Just delete the ones you don't need. That's it.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

• 1 year later...

sorry to necro this thread but after reading every post a few times, I am still not clear on the answer to the question posed by the title.

I have a raspberry pi 3 running MoodePlayer. I configured moode player to find the music on my NAS. The music is on a share and I think the NAS uses the smb protocol to share it as I can see the music from other pcs in the house. So it plays well and I like the sound as well as the web interface.

So why would I need DLNA?

My issue is that I would like to stream TIDAL, Spotify and Amazon prime to Moode. For this to happen I was told,I would need to start a DLNA server on the NAS (like Synology's media server) and then run bubbleUPNP on top of that.

Can someone explain to me how these two additional pieces of software (Media server and bubble) enable streaming from the net to my Pi running moode?

Win10 PRO->PPANG USB->Gustard X20->Jotunheim->Sanders magtech monoblocks->3.7i

sorry to necro this thread but after reading every post a few times, I am still not clear on the answer to the question posed by the title.

I have a raspberry pi 3 running MoodePlayer. I configured moode player to find the music on my NAS. The music is on a share and I think the NAS uses the smb protocol to share it as I can see the music from other pcs in the house. So it plays well and I like the sound as well as the web interface.

My issue is that I would like to stream TIDAL, Spotify and Amazon prime to Moode. For this to happen I was told,I would need to start a DLNA server on the NAS (like Synology's media server) and then run bubbleUPNP on top of that.

Can someone explain to me how these two additional pieces of software (Media server and bubble) enable streaming from the net to my Pi running moode?

by using your pi and pulling the music from the nas, your pi is playing the role of media player, so you're limited to what moode can do.

if you enable the renderer functionality in moode and install minimserver and bubbleupnp on your nas, you're moving responsibilities -- the pi now does no library work, it just plays what is served up to it by minimserver (via dlna). bubbleupnp raises the bar a bit by making the nas upnp capable and allows the pi to be defined as an open home renderer. then you can use lumin or linn kazoo as a control point -- these apps work seamlessly with tidal. the control point app tells the server (your nas) what to serve to the pi from where.

it's a sweet combination. highly recommended.

i'm sure those more technical than me can be more eloquent on the topic . . . .

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

If you enable UPnP in Moode on your raspberry pi3 (in the Configure/System tab), you can install BubbleUPnP on the same raspberry pi3 and use it to stream Tidal (assuming you have a Tidal subscription).

This is an old post describing what I did

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Just note that with latest version of Moode (eg 2.7) ssh access works now with different login and password:

SSH login userid=pi, pwd=raspbery

- Preface all commands with sudo

Since then, I've been repeating the procedure various times, so I created an "installation script" which I download on raspberry and execute directly. This script replaces steps 1-5 of the manual procedure described in my old post mentioned above.

thank you. So i decided to load minimserver and bubbleserver on the NAS. And i can successfully do what i want with bubbleupnp. I still do not see any difference when i enable ' create openhome server' on bubbleserver. What is that supposed to do?

Win10 PRO->PPANG USB->Gustard X20->Jotunheim->Sanders magtech monoblocks->3.7i

thank you. So i decided to load minimserver and bubbleserver on the NAS. And i can successfully do what i want with bubbleupnp. I still do not see any difference when i enable ' create openhome server' on bubbleserver. What is that supposed to do?

the biggest difference that i found involved tidal -- i wanted tidal to be streamed through the nas via linn kazoo (like the interface better). to do that, you need to enable the "create openhome server" option. otherwise, using bubbleupnp you can stream tidal, but it is through the phone/tablet.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
the biggest difference that i found involved tidal -- i wanted tidal to be streamed through the nas via linn kazoo (like the interface better). to do that, you need to enable the "create openhome server" option. otherwise, using bubbleupnp you can stream tidal, but it is through the phone/tablet.
Agreed.

Perhaps, any confusion could be avoided if everyone referred to the BubbleUPnP Server helper software and the BubbleUPnP Android app by their full names. It's unfortunate, perhaps, that their developer, Bubbleguuum (from Bubblesoft), gave them such similar names, but referring to either as "BubbleUPnP" or even (my biggest bugbear) as just plain casual "Bubble" is asking for trouble.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Agreed.

Perhaps, any confusion could be avoided if everyone referred to the BubbleUPnP Server helper software and the BubbleUPnP Android app by their full names. It's unfortunate, perhaps, that their developer, Bubbleguuum (from Bubblesoft), gave them such similar names, but referring to either as "BubbleUPnP" or even (my biggest bugbear) as just plain casual "Bubble" is asking for trouble.

you of course are correct -- i wasn't as clear as i could have been. just the limitations of the a.d.d. mind . . .

let's see if i can do a little better:

putting minimserver and bubbleupnp server on your nas opens up possibilities. the biggest difference that i found involved tidal -- i wanted tidal to be streamed through the nas using linn kazoo app (like the interface better). to do that, you need to enable the "create openhome server" option in bubbleupnp server on the nas.

if you don't create the open home server, you can use the bubbleupnp app to stream tidal, but the bubbleupnp app streams tidal through the phone/tablet to the nas.