IGNORED

Audirvana + 2.0

juliocat

That should be pretty easy. If you know unix/command line, then just change the .cue extension of the cue files to something else like .cueignore

Do the import, then change the cue file extensions back.

Any idea of the general path for doing that? Something that I'm doing system-wide, or just within A+?

What computer are you on? Windows. Mac. Something else?

I'm on a Mac. Checking out various file renaming apps...Name Mangler seems to be the most intuitive so far.

However, doesn't Audirvana push new additions to whatever folders you've selected to sync whenever you restart? Meaning I'd have to constantly be renaming and rescanning/syncing?

Too bad you can't tell Audirvana to ignore them/edit them within Audirvana.

I'm on a Mac. Checking out various file renaming apps...Name Mangler seems to be the most intuitive so far.

Any app will do - just change the extension to something that A+ will ignore

However, doesn't Audirvana push new additions to whatever folders you've selected to sync whenever you restart? Meaning I'd have to constantly be renaming and rescanning/syncing?

Just leave the cue files renamed then, don't change them back

• 2 months later...

Hello everybody,

I observed that Audirvana + 2.x doesn't recognize any metadata in dsf files. I checked the files with different tag editors and the metadata are included. Do you have any idea what the problem is and what the solution could be?

Thanks

Stefan

Hello everybody,

I observed that Audirvana + 2.x doesn't recognize any metadata in dsf files. I checked the files with different tag editors and the metadata are included. Do you have any idea what the problem is and what the solution could be?

Thanks

Stefan

I had a similar problem, and learned that the cause was the log files generated during the dsf extraction, which I always kept in the same folders of the dsfs (inside the a+ library). Once I removed the logs, and re-synchronized the library, the problem disappeared.

I had a similar problem, and learned that the cause was the log files generated during the dsf extraction, which I always kept in the same folders of the dsfs (inside the a+ library). Once I removed the logs, and re-synchronized the library, the problem disappeared.

Thanks for the hint, however there are any log files because these are purchesed dsf files.

Hello everybody,

Thanks

Stefan

Works here - full metadata, album art, etc.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Playing DSD files using Teac UD501 DAC

When connected via USB, A+2 cannot detect DSD64 and DSD128 sampling rate!

Playing DSD file shows only 24/384kHz.

Am I missing something here..Do I need a driver for this?

Anyone has this issue too or its just me...

No its not just you. I can't get Audirvana to see or play DSD on the TEAC without changing to DoP. Im sure I was able to playback native DSD previously. Did you ever solve this?

I can't get Audirvana to see or play DSD on the TEAC without changing to DoP. Im sure I was able to playback native DSD previously.

I don't think there's currently a way to do native DSD under OS X unless you're using an ExaSound DAC with the Exa ASIO driver. Just use DoP.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Thanks. I'm happy with the dsd over dop. Hope our friend figured out how to change the settings on audirvana.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile mobile app

I'm pasting a quote from someone, somewhere :-)

don't know if he wants me too or should i, or if he is right, but i paste it here just to help you to understand rickerr63...

DoP does not change the DSD data in any way. It just re-packs it into a PCM container for transport. "Native DSD" and DoP deliver the same end result data to the DAC. They just transport it differently. The reason Windows can send DSD "natively" (without DoP) is because it can use an ASIO driver, which is (as far as I know) the only way to send DSD without DoP. Again, native DSD transport and DSD over DoP deliver the exact bits at the end of the process. DSD data is NOT changed by DoP transport.

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm currently streaming wireless from my laptop with JRiver MC19 into an Auralic Aries Mini.

Thought I might try Audirvana as I have heard good things about it, to see if there is improvement over JRiver.

So I have downloaded the free trial DMG file onto my Win 8.1 laptop but seem unable to open it.

I have tried 7-ZIP which gives me a 'headers error', and DMG extractor which says it is not recognised as DMG format.

Also tried this forum search/google search.

Stuck- help, please.

Paul.

it's a Mac only app, sorry

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall IV

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall IV

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Yes, the information that A+ is Mac-only is there and many other places on the Audirvana website, and here also. Any time in the future you run into a DMG file, Paul, that format is for Mac installation media. So even if you're looking at software that (unlike Audirvana) will run on Windows, you would want the Windows-format installation media rather than the DMG file.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I’m ex Logitech server - squeezebox fan and new to Audirvana and I think I am a good learner and I like Audirvana (sound) a lot.

The only thing that I couldn’t figure out (after few nights of “investigation”) are cue sheet. When I ripped (XLD) my CD collections, I never made cue sheets. But when I sync audirvana with my music selection which is on my NAS (sinology) something started to generate .cue files in my artist folder on my NAS.

The only thing that bothered me is that these cue sheets make my headache. When I sync library… importing new music etc.….. under “the audio format” my library suddenly start to shows me “cue sheet” as an audio format?? instead “FLAC”. This happened only in album folders on NAS that contains .cue file. And these .cue files causes that single albums start to splits in audirvana library, audirvana remote even don’t shows songs “marked” as cue sheet...etc.

One thing that I found is…..when I am playing with audirvana remote (different views, album, artist and so on) something confused audirvana and that produced (or somehow causes to generate) file .cue in Artist folder in NAS. I am very very convinced. Or when I deleted all my music from audirvana library (and from deleted items-that mean also from my NAS–of course I have backup on another external drive)…and then I import whole music collection from NAS back to audirvana……again, in some folder (that I know that they were “clean” before) suddenly occurs that .cue files again. I am 100% convinced at list for few albums because I carefully observed this thing.

I'm ready for a hospital :-) J or there is possible something going on here. Any other observation or even better – a SUGESTIONS HOW TO SOLVE THIS problem.

Best regard

Mac

just a (probably wrong) guess: are "Media Indexing", "Audio Station" and "Media Server", on your Synology NAS, enabled (and set to scan the folders that do contain your music)?

no idea if any (or all) of those might be the culprit, but I never enabled/used them on my Synology and never had the issue you reported

unknown.gif

(can't do a test 'cause I moved all my music to a dedicated Qnap NAS)

headphones system:

Thank you for your help. I think (hope) I found a problem. For tagging, I use program Tag Editor. I don’t know when but somehow I manage to marked/check command “download metadata and artworks from network” in Tag Editor preferences. Despite all and correct metadata were already in may folders, Tag editor (because of that command) started to download “some metadata” and maybe also download or somehow cause cue sheet in my NAS folders. Now I uncheck that command and Tag Editor started to work faster again and I think I don’t have problem with generating .cue files in folders, splitting albums etc. Do you think this is possible? I keep fingers crossed that it is!

(…and ! when I’ll do things/tagging really 100% I’ll also have to do backup of the NAS to the external disc - the last link in the chain - with all that 100% tagging. So in case of deleting files from audirvana Recyclebin (NAS) I could put back correct tagged music...)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I have a problem:

– I have a 3 rips from a 3 different Mercury Falling CD, remastering, non-remastering and Japan press (for example)

– all of them showed in Audirvana library as one CD, you can see the situation on a screenshot

– I see every track 3 times, I can't know which one playing right now!

– when I drop cue files one by one I can't add it to playlist.

So, what can I do for solve the problem? I want to see it as a three source. Can I to edit a metadata? Or can I manually add it to playlist?

Sorry for my bad & poor English :)

Zrzut ekranu 2016-03-04 01.48.32.jpg

Hello! I have a problem:

– I have a 3 rips from a 3 different Mercury Falling CD, remastering, non-remastering and Japan press (for example)

– all of them showed in Audirvana library as one CD, you can see the situation on a screenshot

– I see every track 3 times, I can't know which one playing right now!

– when I drop cue files one by one I can't add it to playlist.

So, what can I do for solve the problem? I want to see it as a three source. Can I to edit a metadata? Or can I manually add it to playlist?

Sorry for my bad & poor English :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24554[/ATTACH]

try this :

with The Finder, take of two albums and put them on USB card (for exemple)

make a synch in A+

If only 1 album is showed, then édit metadata name album with A+

"Mercury Japan"

put another album in your library, make synch, edit metadata Mercury remaster and so on.

Windows PC server/ Target PC Diretta / Audirvana/ DAC W4S 10th anniversary/ Jadis DA60 / Wilson Audio Sophia 

try this :

with The Finder, take of two albums and put them on USB card (for exemple)

make a synch in A+

If only 1 album is showed, then édit metadata name album with A+

"Mercury Japan"

put another album in your library, make synch, edit metadata Mercury remaster and so on.

Thx! I'll try.

Hi everybody

Some people claim that Izotope settings have effects on Audirvana processing and output quality, even if you do not use upsampling and digital volume.

My understanding is that Izotope is only used for upsampling or digital volume.

Am I wrong?

Kind regards

Thierry