IGNORED

UpTone JS-2 Power Supply Listening Impressions

Apologies, my system diagram disappeared due to a weirdness with Flickr updating the URL when you replace a photo.  The PS Audio P10 has been replaced by a superior P12 regenerator for even better sound quality.  The two JS-2 power supplies continue to give outstanding performance.

spacer.png

TP-Link MR6400 4G router > Uptone EtherREGEN reclocker > Sonore Signature Rendu SE streamer > Gustard U18 DDC > Gustard X26 Pro DAC > Belles SA-100 power amp > Usher Dancer Be-20 speakers. AfterDark clocks x 2. PS Audio P3 & P10 regenerators.

https://theaudiostandard.net

• 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, Bravado13 said:

Anyone switch out their original Belden star DC cables on their JS-2 for Uptones new sapphire silver DC cables and can share their impressions? Wondering what to expect and if this is worth the upgrade. Thanks. 

I was very pleased moving from the original cables to the new Sapphire silver cables.  I have 1 JS-2 driving a Wavelength Audio USB Spacelator and a Sonore Optical Module Deluxe.  Another JS-2 is driving a Roon Nucleus Plus. 

In terms of what to expect sonically is a tough one to answer. Overall, I believe you will hear increased clarity; other sonic benefits will depend on the device driven, 

Steve Plaskin

35 minutes ago, Mercman said:

I was very pleased moving from the original cables to the new Sapphire silver cables.  I have 1 JS-2 driving a Wavelength Audio USB Spacelator and a Sonore Optical Module Deluxe.  Another JS-2 is driving a Roon Nucleus Plus. 

In terms of what to expect sonically is a tough one to answer. Overall, I believe you will hear increased clarity; other sonic benefits will depend on the device driven, 

Agreed.  A dram of 30 year old Macallan Sherry Oak improves everything immensely.

Denafrips Terminator + DAC fed by a Denafrips GAIA DDC, HTPC running JRiver MC, iFi PRO iCAN Signature headphone amp, Marantz AV8805, OPPO BDP-105 for SACD ripping, Sony UBP-X100ES for watching and listening, McIntosh MC1201s Front L/R with Bryston powering the remaining 5 channels, B&W N-801s, B&W HTM-1 in Tiger Eye, B&W 801 IIIs on the sides and in the rear, JL-F212 sub, ReVOX PR-99Mk II, Rega P10 and Alpheta 3, PS Audio Nuwave Phono Amp, Audeze LCD-4 and LCD-XC, UE18 IEMs, Sony CD3000 rebuilt, Sony VPL-VW995ES laser projector, Joe Kane Affinity 120" screen, Cables: Cardas Clear Beyond speaker, Wireworld Platinum Elite 7 RCA, custom (by me) XLRs using affordable, quality parts 🙂