IGNORED

Auralic Aries: The Wait Is Almost Over

Yep, old news.

C'mon Jason, just cause you saw it maybe a few hours or so ago doesn't mean it's not news to and not helpful to a number of other people. I also thought it would be good to have a post on the ARIES that didn't include speculation and conjecture. I personally am looking forward to reading more "old news" about the ARIES in coming weeks.

Has Chris mentioned if an ARIES is coming his way for testing? For my present predicament, I'm hoping he will have the opportunity to weigh in sooner, rather than later.

Unfortunately, my DAC, Mac mini and HD dock were recently damaged by storm induced surge.

Before buying another mini, I would love to hear what others have found with the ARIES. So, as many others on this thread, I am impatiently waiting for the first ARIES to arrive in reviewers and users hands. I would love to have a relatively inexpensive turn-key method of playing PCM, DSD, and all the codecs the ARIES will do, as long as it equals or exceeds C.A.P.S. playback quality.

-Mike

Hi Mike, the Aries seems like a winner for the price. The LH Labs Geek Source guys seem to have something similar as well.

LH Labs and the new Geek Source | Confessions of a Part-Time Audiophile

Thanks wisnon, I was't aware of the LH Labs piece. It also looks interesting....

Two very different pieces.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Two very different pieces.

I don't know why people keep saying this... They may work in different ways; but to the end user they are two devices which both serve the same purpose - to play your music files to a separate DAC.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

I don't know why people keep saying this... They may work in different ways; but to the end user they are two devices which both serve the same purpose - to play your music files to a separate DAC.

Right. But differently.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Correct.

Plus I know Mike and we discussed Tarnsport options, so I knew he would find BOTH interesting. Besides, Can the LH also stream from a NAS as well as from internal drives and externally connected USB HDDs?