IGNORED

CA forums suggestion to be ported to Tapatalk

Hello,

AFAIR CA forums cannot be used on Tapatalk application. Any chance to port it to that little app - it's very useful to read it over this iOS app and most of the other forums are available over this app. Why not CA?

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

There's a bespoke CA iOS app...

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Yep...been there for 2 years now...great way to stay in touch with CA on iphone or android. Tapatalk generic app not needed.

Computer Audiophile - Computer Audiophile Mobile Apps for Android and iOS Available Now

Yep...been there for 2 years now...great way to stay in touch with CA on iphone or android. Tapatalk generic app not needed.

Computer Audiophile - Computer Audiophile Mobile Apps for Android and iOS Available Now

I know and I am using this app, but keeps crashing time to time and been not refreshed for quite some time!

--

Krzysztof Maj

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

• 1 month later...
I know and I am using this app, but keeps crashing time to time and been not refreshed for quite some time!

Certainly, Tapatalk support would be much welcomed.

Linn Majik DS, Violectric V200, LCD-2 Rev 2

Linn Kiko DSM

Tapatalk supports these forums. They would just need to install it on the server. https://tapatalk.com/faq.php

Moderators: Can this be accomplished?

I don't see any point in the development and maintenance of a dedicated app for a forum like this these days. What's the rationale? Can somebody help me understand?

Thanks.

Linn Kiko DSM

Hi Guys - Someone please let me know about these discussions :~)

Anything is possible. I can turn on Forumrunner pretty easy, but tapatalk is a bit of an expense. Last time I looked it was like $3500. I'm not opposed to spending the money but I want to be sure it's worth the cost.

I am also testing an update to the site to vBulletin version 5 and a new version of the CA app. It's all a big undertaking that won't happen this year. I don't have time to test this upgrade and implement it before the busiest time of the year, October through February.

Tapatalk and forumrunner could be an interim solution.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Just looked into Tapatalk again. Things have changed quite a bit. There is a new plan for $69 per month for forum owners. This enables a custom app similar to the CA app. I'll check to see if the TT app is better and if I can update it easier than the current CA app.

I won't use the free (for forum owners) version as the ToS are too restrictive. Plus, as a business owner I'd rather monetize the app myself than give TT the ability to serve ads to the CA community.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Hello Chris, would be awesome to have CA on TapaTalk. It is very well done app and posting over Tapatalk is nice and easy.

Let us know about the progress and your decision.

--

Krzysztof Maj

I think the mobile site of the CA forum works well enough (in Chrome for Android), at least for reading. Tapatalk has the advantage of greater convience, mainly the automatic notifications through the app.

I got rid of Tapatalk on my Android phone after the main forum I needed it for (stevehoffman.tv) stopped using it. Going through the list of forums that use Tapatalk, I found none that I was interested in.

Not sure I would install Tapatalk for CA only.

Claude

I think the mobile site of the CA forum works well enough (in Chrome for Android), at least for reading. Tapatalk has the advantage of greater convience, mainly the automatic notifications through the app.

I got rid of Tapatalk on my Android phone after the main forum I needed it for (stevehoffman.tv) stopped using it. Going through the list of forums that use Tapatalk, I found none that I was interested in.

Not sure I would install Tapatalk for CA only.

On Tapatalk there are many nice websites already involved in audio like The Art of Sound, Head-Fi, Forum des audiophiles (French) or DIYaudio (Polish).

--

Krzysztof Maj

Most of the forums I regularly follow do have Tapatalk support, and counting. It really helps you in giving an easy access to multiple platforms through a single app with minimal hassle, on the road, and even at home I tend to prefer checking the recent updates through Tapatalk by using iPad.

No experience in the Android versions though but works well with iPhone and iPad.

Linn Kiko DSM

Hi Guys - I just talked to Tom over at TapaTalk. We are moving forward :~)

P.S. I credit you guy sand the CA Community for requesting this and asking for what you want. Ask and you shall receive (whenever I can).

Very nice. Haven't used Tapatalk, have had occasional frustrations with the CA app, so we'll see where we go and how it works out.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Well done!

By the way, what value does that standalone/branded app bring to the table?

CA now added to my pool of forums on Tapatalk.

Thanks.

I just uploaded the branded version to the app store. Now Apple has to approve it.

The value is being able to control branding, run banners from the advertisers who support CA, and give users a CA only app experience.

I just uploaded the branded version to the app store. Now Apple has to approve it.

Please let us know when it's approved. How long did approval take last time?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.