IGNORED

HQ Player

8 minutes ago, 2pacshakur892 said:

Hi, I have the HQPlayer 4 Embeded license. However, the computer it was running had a problem with the motherboard. Now I'm setting up another one, I'd like to know how I use the license on this new one, as I couldn't remove it from the old installation.

Contact the support email address with hardware fingerprint of the new hardware (as a copy-paste text) and the original key file to obtain an updated key file for the new hardware.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

I recently got a Holo Audio May KTE and am working on setting up Roon/HQPlayer to drive it. I've been using Roon for years so no problems there and at this point I'm getting music out of my Roon/HQPlayer setup but thought maybe someone could take a quick look at my basic settings to see if I've made any major errors. I'm currently playing through a low level system in the same room as my Mac Mini Roon server so can't make any judgments on sound quality at this point. I've got lots and lots of suggestions on possible filter choices but in spite of going through the user manual a number of times and reading everything I can find online I'm not sure of some of the basics. If someone could take a look at these screen captures and offer suggestions I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Screenshot Combined flat.jpg

17 minutes ago, daverich4 said:

Screenshot Combined flat.jpg

Nothing major, just few small comments.

In Outputs tab, set "SDM Pack" to "none". Since Rendu can send native DSD to the DAC. PCM gain compensation for Holo DACs is -6 dB.

Under PCM tab, I recommend setting Dither to LNS15. (only matters for PCM output mode though)

Under SDM tab, switch modulator to ASDM7EC-light.

Under Advanced tab, since you are using Roon, I recommend setting Idle time for example to 30 seconds. This will make Roon actions much snappier since then it is prevented from starting/stopping the entire HQPlayer engine unnecessarily all the time (for example when you seek or something like that).

2 hours ago, Miska said:

Nothing major, just few small comments.

In Outputs tab, set "SDM Pack" to "none". Since Rendu can send native DSD to the DAC. PCM gain compensation for Holo DACs is -6 dB.

Under PCM tab, I recommend setting Dither to LNS15. (only matters for PCM output mode though)

Under SDM tab, switch modulator to ASDM7EC-light.

Under Advanced tab, since you are using Roon, I recommend setting Idle time for example to 30 seconds. This will make Roon actions much snappier since then it is prevented from starting/stopping the entire HQPlayer engine unnecessarily all the time (for example when you seek or something like that).

Thanks for taking the time to look at this for me, I’ll change those settings and move the DAC to my headphone rig so I can start evaluating the sound. Thanks again. 

Hello

I'm using sinc-M 

It uses 1M taps this is huge and consume lots of memory 

Need 32 GO and not 16GO ! ;)

I'm using this configuration

• Application Roon (Phone/Mac/PC) => Roon Server (NUC) => HQPlayer Server (Nuc) => HQPlayer Endpoint on Streamer  => Dac Lector tubes  (max 192 khz)

Using one AMD NuC for the moment (from morefine)

Hello @Miska

I know you had a Topping D30 Pro and wanted to ask which PCM Dither and DAC Bits Setting do you recommend for this DAC?

Do you prefer PCM or DSD Upsampling in this specific case?

Thank you very much for your help

Best

Dominik

1 hour ago, DomiJi said:

I know you had a Topping D30 Pro and wanted to ask which PCM Dither and DAC Bits Setting do you recommend for this DAC?

Miska will answer for sure. Maybe you will find my answer useful too.

I would use upsampling to DSD since this DAC supports direct DSD path. DAC bits setting is irrelevant when DAC is processing DSD input.
If you would use upsampling to PCM, then I would still leave DAC bits on default. With delta sigma DACs I have never seen a need to restrict DAC bits but Miska may correct me if I am wrong.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500

Some quick feedback on the recent NAA 460 release. I'm finding the x64ramfs image not functional with a 2012 Mac Mini (8GB). Looks like it's failing mounting the filesystem. I reverted back to 450 x64ramfs and it works. 'Standard' 460 works fine.

Thanks, love HQPlayer.

Roon->HQPlayerM1Pro(sinc-S, AMSD7EC 512+fs)->NAA->DenafripsAresII->SchiitFreya+->SchiitAegirX2(or Topping LA90dX2)->ZuOmenDirtyWeekend II

6 hours ago, DomiJi said:

Hello @Miska

Just run it at DSD128. It performs best that way. For example using one of the ASDM7EC modulators.

13 hours ago, PassiveO said:

Some quick feedback on the recent NAA 460 release. I'm finding the x64ramfs image not functional with a 2012 Mac Mini (8GB). Looks like it's failing mounting the filesystem. I reverted back to 450 x64ramfs and it works. 'Standard' 460 works fine.

Thanks, love HQPlayer.

Hello same for `X86' , by the way HQ embeded work top for ubuntu 23.10

15 hours ago, PassiveO said:

Likely some unknown reason related to Mac's UEFI. 4.6.0 ramfs image works fine for me on a NUC and UP Gateway.

1 hour ago, Miska said:

Likely some unknown reason related to Mac's UEFI. 4.6.0 ramfs image works fine for me on a NUC and UP Gateway.

Understood, and thank you, Jussi.

Roon->HQPlayerM1Pro(sinc-S, AMSD7EC 512+fs)->NAA->DenafripsAresII->SchiitFreya+->SchiitAegirX2(or Topping LA90dX2)->ZuOmenDirtyWeekend II

I set up the trial version of HQP on my little office system to try it out because my Roon server is there and I could hear if things were working while I was learning how to get things set up. That system is driven by an ultraRendu. Now I’m attempting to try HQP for real on my headphone system which is driven by an opticalRendu but HQP won’t let me choose that for output. The opticalRendu is set for HQP NAA and the server sees it as that but HQP doesn’t. The output choice seems stuck on the ultraRendu which is unplugged at this point. I’ve looked in the manual and searched online but can’t come up with how to change from one NAA to another. Can someone give me a hand? Thanks.

39 minutes ago, daverich4 said:

can’t come up with how to change from one NAA to another

Do you have your opticalRendu set to 'Mode #4 - HQ Player NAA Output' ?

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
35 minutes ago, daverich4 said:

The opticalRendu is set for HQP NAA and the server sees it as that but HQP doesn’t.”

Are you using HQPlayer Desktop or HQPlayer Embedded? Is there a discoverable DAC behind that NAA that is powered up and correct input selected when you go to select the NAA?

Try switching between "Network Audio Adapter" and "Network Audio Adapter IPv6" backends. Usually IPv6 works better.

22 minutes ago, Miska said:

Are you using HQPlayer Desktop or HQPlayer Embedded? Is there a discoverable DAC behind that NAA that is powered up and correct input selected when you go to select the NAA?

Try switching between "Network Audio Adapter" and "Network Audio Adapter IPv6" backends. Usually IPv6 works better.

Thanks for getting back to me. I’m using Desktop. I’m using a Holo Audio May DAC. No problems using Roon to play to it without HQP. I am switching to HQP NAA on the opticalRendu when attempting to use HQP with it. I’ve tried switching the backends without success. One thing I’ve noticed is that when I select the Output Dropdown it just stays fixed, it doesn’t drop down like it did originally. 

7 minutes ago, daverich4 said:

Thanks for getting back to me. I’m using Desktop. I’m using a Holo Audio May DAC. No problems using Roon to play to it without HQP. I am switching to HQP NAA on the opticalRendu when attempting to use HQP with it. I’ve tried switching the backends without success. One thing I’ve noticed is that when I select the Output Dropdown it just stays fixed, it doesn’t drop down like it did originally. 

Are you sure Roon is not keeping the DAC busy? When you use Roon with HQPlayer, you need to disable your DACs in Roon Settings -> Audio. Otherwise Roon will reserve all the DACs for itself if it is started before HQPlayer. And then HQPlayer naturally cannot use the DACs anymore. At least not correctly.

Every time you switch the backend, HQPlayer will rescan for the devices. If there are no DACs found behind a NAA, the NAA won't appear on the device list at all.