IGNORED

HQ Player

5 hours ago, sup27606 said:

I am using sinc-medium with LNS15 shaper. I am not quite sure whether this combo supports downsampling (I haven't yet checked the manual), but when I restart the stream (after hqplayer exits), hqplayer plays the downsampled music correctly, so I think its supported.

That choice allows converting up and down. If there's a stop, then HQPlayer log file will likely have some reason stated why it sopped. It will likely also briefly appear on HQPlayer server status bar.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Hi!

Something has changed in some windows upgrade last days??

With 13700kf and rtx3060ti i run last year to dsd512 with asdm7ecv2 well,

but since 2-3 days, it drops, and only can run to dsd256.

Some idea?

Regards and thanks!

DSC 2.6.2 + Salas SSLV1.3 UltraBiB

i7-13700 + 32gb DDR5 5600 + rtx3060ti

1 hour ago, T1000 said:

Something has changed in some windows upgrade last days??

With 13700kf and rtx3060ti i run last year to dsd512 with asdm7ecv2 well,

but since 2-3 days, it drops, and only can run to dsd256.

When you start playback, does HQPlayer report offload being active on the status bar message?

If not, please check that you have latest Nvidia drivers installed (Studio or Game Ready).

@T1000 I can still do 512x 48k on

Win11 23H2 (10.0.22631.2861)

nVidia Driver Version: 537.42
Latest installed update: 2023-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5033375)

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
16 minutes ago, T1000 said:

use W10 64bits, 22H2 (KB5033372)

nVidia 546.33

Never had problems up to a week ago.

Any WiFi in use on this machine? Bluetooth?

Anything notable on per-core load graphs?

Hopefully Microsoft issues fix in some near future update. Not first time they have broken something with update.

Could be related to 13th Gen CPU and Windows edition pre-launch of such CPU.

1 hour ago, T1000 said:

Hello.

I use W10 64bits, 22H2 (KB5033372)

nVidia 546.33

Never had problems up to a week ago.

Regards.

Have you setup windows restore points? If you have, you can restart windows (with shift key pressed) and choose restore option to restore image to before you have the problem and see if that fix it,  Otherwise, there is also an option to uninstall windows updates and features and may be that will fix it.

Most DSD content (except of some for example from nativedsd.com) was mastered from PCM production. The mastering engineer used some software to convert to DSD. That of course influences the sound you are perceiving.

IMO it depends on previous production and mastering quality. For example also how the PCM to DSD conversion tool used (and its settings) fit the source content processed.

With PCM content you are going from much lower sample rate, that means the upsampling ratio is much higher and thus HQPlayer processing can influence more.

Your opinion shows how HQPlayer improved since v3 I started with.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500

Any explainations for that:

I can listen hdplayer for a good 2 hrs without issues (upsample to dsd 8 channels).

After a break, can't use it anymore, ... glitch/stop every 2 sec

Memory leak from the software or something like that ?
I am the only to have that problem ?

5 minutes ago, pompon said:

Memory leak from the software or something like that ?

Does playback stop/start solve the issue?

If not, does restarting HQPlayer solve the issue?

If you are using nVidia CUDA do you have the latest nVidia driver installed?

4 hours ago, pompon said:

win 11, v 22621 (x64)

I'm running 23H2 22631. No offer to update to a newer Win11 version in Windows Update?

Did you try Latency Monitor?

Hi all, happy new year everyone. I got tired of manual change sample rate with Amazon music on my win 11 HQPLAYER desktop. Got the wiim pro plus and at the moment fed the coax out direct to my ifi pro idsd using bit perfect mode. This works out well and I can see auto sample rate change on the dac. Now I want to play with have this go through HQplayer win 11 desktop. I can see sound cards e.g. sound cards e. g. Sound Blaster Z SE has spdif in. Can then be a source fed into HQplayer directly and how would you do that? I've read the steps to do it a different way using NAAs, but that's a bit too much for me. 

23 minutes ago, Fredc said:

Hi all, happy new year everyone. I got tired of manual change sample rate with Amazon music on my win 11 HQPLAYER desktop. Got the wiim pro plus and at the moment fed the coax out direct to my ifi pro idsd using bit perfect mode. This works out well and I can see auto sample rate change on the dac. Now I want to play with have this go through HQplayer win 11 desktop. I can see sound cards e.g. sound cards e. g. Sound Blaster Z SE has spdif in. Can then be a source fed into HQplayer directly and how would you do that? I've read the steps to do it a different way using NAAs, but that's a bit too much for me. 

Can’t do that with wiim pro coax out for sample rate changes.

this is what I am currently doing. 

Jplay iOS upnp connected to a laptop running jriver (select hqplayer as renderer), usb connect to input NAA rpi4, usb connect to hqplayer desktop pc, sfp connection to fitlet3, usb to ifi pro idsd.

Jplay is not necessary, you can use a laptop or mini pc and run the Amazon hd or qobuz app and select hqplayer as the speakers, usb to hqplayer desktop pc 

33 minutes ago, bogi said:

I kind of read it. The NAA route has got too many pieces in the chain for me. The coax out from Wiim Pro Plus I beleive does automatic rate change. At the moment I fed that directly to the cosx input on my dac. Using the bit perfect filter, I can see the dac is outputting exactly the same sample rate as the source. The question is what if I output the Wiim Pro Plus toslink to the PC first. I read in part of the discussion, Miska said RME HDSPe AIO for the spdif way. That's cost a bit too much for my liking as well. Just wondering if I can use the spdif input on the Creative Sound Blaster Z SE sound card instead (it's one tenth the price). As spdif is digital, does that mean there is no "conversion" in between.

11 minutes ago, Fredc said:

I kind of read it. The NAA route has got too many pieces in the chain for me. The coax out from Wiim Pro Plus I beleive does automatic rate change. At the moment I fed that directly to the cosx input on my dac. Using the bit perfect filter, I can see the dac is outputting exactly the same sample rate as the source. The question is what if I output the Wiim Pro Plus toslink to the PC first. I read in part of the discussion, Miska said RME HDSPe AIO for the spdif way. That's cost a bit too much for my liking as well. Just wondering if I can use the spdif input on the Creative Sound Blaster Z SE sound card instead (it's one tenth the price). As spdif is digital, does that mean there is no "conversion" in between.

Nope, it won’t work. Been there, try that. Coax or spdif to pc will require something like the RME which its asio driver is capable of auto rate switching. 

Two ways to do it with wiim pro -

1) Set in wiim app limit coax/spdif output to 16/44.1, so wiim app downsample everything before feeding to hqplayer pc

2)doing it the hard way, just group the albums from Amazon by sample rate and just manually change the hqplayer input sample rate to match the source sample rate everytime.

the usb input NAA with a rpi4 or up gateway is currently the only way to do it through usb connection 

12 hours ago, Fredc said:

Hi all, happy new year everyone. I got tired of manual change sample rate with Amazon music on my win 11 HQPLAYER desktop. 

Easiest are the S/PDIF route through RME HDSPe AIO (more expensive), or through USB to the RPi4 input NAA (cheaper alternative).

Hello,

I'm new to the Roon => HQPlayer Song (was and still using Volumio)

I'm very pleased with HQPlayer using it with Roon in a NUC AMD with good processor and 16G ram

I've tasted almost all the filter, some does not want to work in my configuration (without GPU I guess)

At the end without consuming lots of CPU I end up for the moment with

1xFilter: sinc-short

NxFilter: sinc-L

Dither:Guauss1

192Khz

I have a 'old italian' lector tube Dac

PCM settings

1x Filter

none IIR IIR2 FIR asymFIR minphaseFIR FFT poly-sinc-lp poly-sinc-mp poly-sinc-short-lp poly-sinc-short-mp poly-sinc-long-lp poly-sinc-long-ip poly-sinc-long-mp poly-sinc-hb poly-sinc-hb-xs poly-sinc-hb-s poly-sinc-hb-m poly-sinc-hb-l poly-sinc-ext poly-sinc-ext2 poly-sinc-ext3 poly-sinc-mqa/mp3-lp poly-sinc-mqa/mp3-mp poly-sinc-xtr-lp poly-sinc-xtr-mp poly-sinc-xtr-short-lp poly-sinc-xtr-short-mp poly-sinc-gauss-short poly-sinc-gauss poly-sinc-gauss-long poly-sinc-gauss-xl poly-sinc-gauss-xla poly-sinc-gauss-hires-lp poly-sinc-gauss-hires-ip poly-sinc-gauss-hires-mp poly-sinc-gauss-halfband poly-sinc-gauss-halfband-s ASRC polynomial-1 polynomial-2 minringFIR-lp minringFIR-mp closed-form closed-form-fast closed-form-M sinc-S sinc-M sinc-Mx sinc-MG sinc-MGa sinc-L sinc-Ls sinc-Lm sinc-Ll sinc-short sinc-medium sinc-long 

Nx Filter

none IIR IIR2 FIR asymFIR minphaseFIR FFT poly-sinc-lp poly-sinc-mp poly-sinc-short-lp poly-sinc-short-mp poly-sinc-long-lp poly-sinc-long-ip poly-sinc-long-mp poly-sinc-hb poly-sinc-hb-xs poly-sinc-hb-s poly-sinc-hb-m poly-sinc-hb-l poly-sinc-ext poly-sinc-ext2 poly-sinc-ext3 poly-sinc-mqa/mp3-lp poly-sinc-mqa/mp3-mp poly-sinc-xtr-lp poly-sinc-xtr-mp poly-sinc-xtr-short-lp poly-sinc-xtr-short-mp poly-sinc-gauss-short poly-sinc-gauss poly-sinc-gauss-long poly-sinc-gauss-xl poly-sinc-gauss-xla poly-sinc-gauss-hires-lp poly-sinc-gauss-hires-ip poly-sinc-gauss-hires-mp poly-sinc-gauss-halfband poly-sinc-gauss-halfband-s ASRC polynomial-1 polynomial-2 minringFIR-lp minringFIR-mp closed-form closed-form-fast closed-form-M sinc-S sinc-M sinc-Mx sinc-MG sinc-MGa sinc-L sinc-Ls sinc-Lm sinc-Ll sinc-short sinc-medium sinc-long 

Dither

none NS1 NS4 NS5 NS9 LNS15 RPDF TPDF Gauss1 shaped 

Sample rate

Auto 32000 44100 48000 64000 88200 96000 128000 176400 192000 256000 352800 384000 512000 705600 768000 1024000 1411200 1536000 

Rate limit

32000 44100 48000 64000 88200 96000 128000 176400 192000 256000 352800 384000 512000 705600 768000 1024000 1411200 1536000