IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

These are the specs the machine is basically built on:

https://www.highend-audiopc.com/PDF/hardware-setup.pdf

As a counterpoint to the recent posts recommending optimum/premium computer audio server hardware, audioPhil's manual for the Audiophile Optimizer states:

The good news about using the AudiophileOptimizer is that it will work with components in a variety of price

ranges. In fact you'll be surprised at the results you can achieve using even modestly priced computer and

audio equipment.

I run fairly stock Shuttle PCs because they're compact, run cool and are quiet enough that I can't hear them at all, even though they're not fanless. Plus they look nice.

The only adjustments I've made to my computer hardware are that I loaded them both with SSD's and 16GB of quality RAM (since JPlay plays everything from memory and I have a lot of hi-res content) and most importantly the audioPC has the Paul Pang USB 3.0 card. I also purchased a Mapleshade Clearlink Plus USB cable since it was highly recommended on this site as perhaps the best reasonably priced cable.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm getting stellar results. Apparently there's more to be gained by optimizing the computers further, but I didn't want anyone to get the idea that the Audiophile Optimizer isn't worthwhile unless your computer(s) are perfected.

IMO, the reverse is true. I'd install the Audiophile Optimizer first and make computer hardware upgrades later if I couldn't do it all at once.

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

Hi

Actually that's really true. Certainly there are also differences in SQ introduced to "tuned" hardware. But in total, all those hardware tweaks make a rather small percentage of gain in sound quality. The power of the right operating system with the right treatment is bigger than any media player or cable etc.

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

i have a question...if i setup a dualpc setup and ran core on my >audio player", is there volume control thry jplay at the output stage at all? or is that handled on the remote PC...?

reason i ask is im running my modded xonar stx straight out to a pair of tube monoblock power amps.

Hi

No volume control trough the jplay transport at all. Volume would be regulated on the ControlPC.

But by far the best option is to disable all digital volume controls and only use 100% while being in the digital domain. Use your preamp to regulate volume in the analog part of your chain.

____________________________________________________________________________________

As I mentioned, no pre amp...just power amps.

So I installed R2 on my machine...

Haven't really given it a good listen, but haven't noticed any change as of yet...

And I'm pretty sure 100 Euros ($150 CDN) will net me about the same benefit if I install this Optimizer.

No trial version available??

I really don't see how you couldn't easily optimize Win8.1 as well as R2 also...it is the same OS after all. You might get 10-15% less overhead starting with R2...

Non-GUI would be a bit better still...but I doubt I have the "golden ears" all you have ;)

Though warning on that... you'll end up buying it. Just saying. :)

That's for sure!! LOL

I'm in the process of making some upgrades and as it turns out, I'm using a temporary DAC (Schiit Loki) that isn't compatible with WS2012.

I'm really missing the Audiophile Optimizer. My sound has collapsed, compared to what it was before.

I should be up and running with my new gear tomorrow night and then it's back to WS2012/Audiophile Optimizer *plus* the new DAC!

Good times!!

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

CMedia Drivers..... :(

but i like the passage about the collapsing soundstage very much!! :-)

...wait for 1.24 with qWave support, this will raise the level once again!

CMedia drivers... :(

but i like the passage about the collapsing soundstage very much!! :-)

...wait for 1.24 with qWave support, this will raise the level once again!

I thought you might, Phil. :) But that's exactly what happened.

Meanwhile, what is this qWave you speak of?! And how soon will the update be ready?

Hi

The best way to get an idea of qWave is to read this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa374110%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

i see potential for dual-pc setups, especially those who have no dedicated jplay network card.

A bit less, but also for those with two network cards. No big imporovemebts expected for single

box setups, but you never know...

beta is in work, no release date for 1.24 yet. but probably won't be far away... :)

Hi TIA

currently the trial version is not yet included in the package. I hope i'l habe it ready by this weekend.

i'll post it here once ready.

best,

Phil

How does this work with a CAPS zuma say with WS2012/Jriver.

I use Win7-64pro/Jriver with Jremote to run it headless and let the server hibernate/sleep when not in use.

Does this ws2012/optimzer setup still allow for such an operation with solid stability?

How does this work with a CAPS zuma say with WS2012/Jriver.

I use Win7-64pro/Jriver with Jremote to run it headless and let the server hibernate/sleep when not in use.

Does this ws2012/optimzer setup still allow for such an operation with solid stability?

Sure, i use JRemote as well while both machines being in core mode.

Yeah well, I thought I'd give it a try, especially since I flipped a humongous Peugeot pepper grinder on Kijiji which paid for half the optimizer. Windows 2012 Server I already thought a nice improvement over Windows 8. Adding AudioPhil's Optimizer was a breeze and yes, it is a worthwhile upgrade. With the default settings the presentation had a nice lush tube feel to it. Played around some more this morning and tried the 4D setting which seemed to suit my setup better. Everything got bigger and bolder. Up to this time I was streaming via JPLAY and JRiver from an I5 ControlPC with Windows 7 to an I3 AudioPC. I have a spare dual core laptop, which I decided to use as a Control. I loaded Windows Server on that and installed the optimizer. Took a while to get the network settings right in Server mode so I could use a tablet and Gizmo to control the playback. I matched AudioPhil's filter settings for both Control and Audio PC's and sat back to listen. OK this is the new Paradigm. Lush organic music coming out of absolute silence and new sounds where I thought I had heard everything on the recording, and the bass is to die for. Lest you should be intimidated by the technical set up, I'm 64 years old and had it working first time. Windows 2012 you can set up on a separate partition and dual boot, so you don't have to lose your current operating system. I not going to say go out and buy it 'cause it ain't cheap. But if you are sitting on the fence, take a look at some of the weird stuff you've wasted your money on which now lies sitting in a closet unused. With that perspective it might seems a more palatable purchase.

I not going to say go out and buy it 'cause it ain't cheap.

Hi GrahamJohnMiles

You can extend Windows 2012 R2 trial license a couple of times. Worst case, just reinstall from scratch.

Cheers.

PowerConditioning: PS Audio UPC-200; Hdplex 300W

Server: Windows 2019-CORE+AO3+Jriver24/HQPlayer 

Source: Mytek Brooklyn Amp: Audio-GD C501, AVA Set 120

Speakers: Spendor SP2, Tannoy Saturn S10

Desktop: W10+Topping D90+Stax  SRS3100

Sure, i use JRemote as well while both machines being in core mode.

All this is overwhelming to a newbie like me... If I were just use one computer for starters.. which is best.. the CAPS Carbon, or Zuma...? So much had been said for flea powered mother boards, and minimal, light weight OS(linux) and software.. makes sense.. hence the trends of the atom mobo CAPS,, Auraliti PK-90 etc.. but you guys are using much higher horse powered machines.. now I'm confused again as to which way to go... Trying to keep it simple....