IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

Phil you have got me curious about your tweeks for and audiophile windows project. So I decided to try the Windows Server R2 2012.

I have instaled it, but there is one device I won't have the driver for. It is Hp integrated Bluetooth Broadcom something something. No drivers for it and work around solutions are to complicated and not promising for W2012. Can I just to uninstal the device or I have to rip it out to the roots some different way. I would like to have the Bluetooth for my other Windows installations so switich it off in BIOS is not a good solution. Next step will be to tray your "wundermittel" for audiophile PC.

Hi Mogos

You can either disable the bluetooth device in BIOS or disable it in device manager, both will do fine. A Wundermittel you will get indeed yes :-)

Best,

Phil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Thak you :). All the opinions about your commitment to your customers is the truth and the only thruth. It was a ligth speed responce. If you can beet the a very sepcial optimisation of my W7 system then I will be your next very happy customer :). Good to have such an audiophile crazy computer geek like you. Regards.

Thanks. I have a friend who is running the Win Sever 2008 on recommendation from a local server builder, who was easier to try the Optimizer. He found out over 2 years ago that the Win Server 2008 sounds much better than the Win 7/64 he was using before that - just like you did. Oh well - he will have to update !

Adam

PC: custom Roon server with Pink Faun Ultra OCXO USB card

Digital: Lampizator Horizon DAC

Amp: Dan D'Agostino Momentum Stereo

Speakers: Magcio M3

____________________________________________________________________________________

I have succeded to setup the W2012 and music is playing. It is to early for any conclusions. For now it is only GUI mode. I don't hear distinctive differences with my very well optimised W7 setup. I do have some questions. Is the W2012 Foundation version as well suitable for high end music player as the Standard version? I am using a RAM drive for playing the files. It is installed as an device and seen by the windows as normal HDD. Will I have it after transformation to core or mini server?

Beeing in the core or mini server mode is it possible in an easy way to swith between runing applictaions eg. JRiver and File Commander? Where I can get the the "wundermittel" for evaluation?

Hello Mogos

No difference between standard/foundation and datacenter. they all have exactly the same binaries, besides some small differences about the licenses (datacenter supports way more CPU's, RAM, etc).

The AudiophileOptimizer is not a software like WinWord which a trial would work for let's say 30 days and then it stops. In Theory the Optimizer has done it's job after one run, so a classic trial is technically just not possible. Also i have no interest in a worse sounding trial version or similar. Currently you have to trust the countless positive reviews and my word.

In the near future i will offer a 14-day money back guarantee because i have a 100% customer satisfaction rate so far.

Ok, so for one PC the foundation version will be ok. I know it is sold as OEM. Can you answer to my questions about ram drive and switching between applications. Is the windows in the core mode runing as multitasking system? I fill that you know what you are doing so it is no risk that I will spoil your 100% customer satisfaction rate.

Hi

Well, regarding the RamDIsk. This depends on the software you use for it. I have some germany based customers who tested a lot with ram disk in core mode, and they said it's way superior than SSD, CF, etc.

But i did not test this myself so far. But i see no issues coming. And if there are some issues, i will take a look at it and make it work (for your software) if technically possible.

Best,

Phil

Hi

Currently I lik 1D on the ControlPC and 4D on the AudioPC the most.

Best,

Phil

Phil, that posting of yours deserves some emphasis.

I was surprised at how much I preferred the sound of the system with those settings compared to other settings. That these settings can make such a difference and yet still be "bit perfect" really puts to rest the whole idea that "bits is bits".

Once again, I have to say thanks for your product. The improvement it makes is so obvious and dramatic that it seems that it should really be a baseline for serious audiophiles. Without it, the signal is compromised at the outset, before it even gets to your cables, amps & speakers.

The benefits are the same as what people generally proclaim when they make a positive change to their system. A richer, more analog sound, quieter background, much greater detail & transparency, but not at the expense of warmth, incredible soundstaging and depth, hearing new details for the first time, etc. What's different about the Audiophile Optimizer is the degree of these changes. Another poster compared it to adding a cost-no-object dcs Scarlatti to your system. I haven't heard a Scarlatti, but I completely understand what he's saying. It seemed like hyperbole, but it's now clear to me what yet another poster meant when he said that even WS2012 (let alone Win7 & Win8) without the Optimizer is relatively "unlistenable".

One of the biggest unexpected benefits is that it has largely eliminated the need to seek out my best "audiophile" recordings when I want to hear what my system is capable of. I now hear previously obscured audio quality in all of my music, so now I listen with amazement as I'm able to get so much more enjoyment from what seemed to be just average recordings. Recordings that used to be good now sound amazing.

I should add that I also just started using Volume Leveling in JRiver and that has enhanced my listening experience far beyond what I anticipated. Volume differences have a huge impact on how we perceive sound. Many older or quieter recordings that I'd considered inferior sound fantastic when volume is normalized. Lots of them have better dynamic range than their remastered versions as well.

The combination of the Audiophile Optimizer and Volume Leveling have transformed my listening experience, all without having bought a single new component. Futhermore, the net effect is not just that my system sounds better, but that my thousands of recordings sound much better that I realized they could.

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

OK, you guys, you got me! Too much magic bus! I was going to put together a new CAPS-3 Carbon/ W8.1. Now I'm going go Zima / ws2012 and Audiophile Optimizer! With some learning, I think my computer skills are up to the task.

I am currently running a CAPS-2 / w7 and Fidelizer Extremist and am pretty jazzed about the sound. I am curious to see how the upgrade sounds.

Randy

The world is but one country, and mankind its citizens.

Living Room: Caps2/JRiver 19/Fidelizer > Wireworld Platinum USB > Calyx DAC/KingRex PSU > Kimber Heroes > Bryston BP-26/4B-SST > Kimber 8TC > B&W 802D.

Den: CAPS3 Carbon/SOtM USB/JRiver 20/Fidelizer/Uptone JS-2 power supply>Totaldac USB > Off Ramp5/Dynamo PS/Short Block via I2S > PS Audio Silver HDMI > W4S Dac2DSDse/femto upgrade > Triode Wire Labs IC > Bryston B100-SST > Kimber 8VS > B&W SCMS. (Triode Wire Labs power cables).

Phil, that posting of yours deserves some emphasis.

I was surprised at how much I preferred the sound of the system with those settings compared to other settings. That these settings can make such a difference and yet still be "bit perfect" really puts to rest the whole idea that "bits is bits".

Once again, I have to say thanks for your product. The improvement it makes is so obvious and dramatic that it seems that it should really be a baseline for serious audiophiles. Without it, the signal is compromised at the outset, before it even gets to your cables, amps & speakers.

The benefits are the same as what people generally proclaim when they make a positive change to their system. A richer, more analog sound, quieter background, much greater detail & transparency, but not at the expense of warmth, incredible soundstaging and depth, hearing new details for the first time, etc. What's different about the Audiophile Optimizer is the degree of these changes. Another poster compared it to adding a cost-no-object dcs Scarlatti to your system. I haven't heard a Scarlatti, but I completely understand what he's saying. It seemed like hyperbole, but it's now clear to me what yet another poster meant when he said that even WS2012 (let alone Win7 & Win8) without the Optimizer is relatively "unlistenable".

One of the biggest unexpected benefits is that it has largely eliminated the need to seek out my best "audiophile" recordings when I want to hear what my system is capable of. I now hear previously obscured audio quality in all of my music, so now I listen with amazement as I'm able to get so much more enjoyment from what seemed to be just average recordings. Recordings that used to be good now sound amazing.

I should add that I also just started using Volume Leveling in JRiver and that has enhanced my listening experience far beyond what I anticipated. Volume differences have a huge impact on how we perceive sound. Many older or quieter recordings that I'd considered inferior sound fantastic when volume is normalized. Lots of them have better dynamic range than their remastered versions as well.

The combination of the Audiophile Optimizer and Volume Leveling have transformed my listening experience, all without having bought a single new component. Futhermore, the net effect is not just that my system sounds better, but that my thousands of recordings sound much better that I realized they could.

Hello

Many thanks for your detailed feedback. Very happy to hear you like it so much. :)

Will an USB wifi dongle work with the Optimizer in core mode ?

Hi Elberoth

WiFi is not supported in core mode, but will work in GUI and minimal-server mode if you install Wireless-LAN support. (you can use the ServiceTool to do that)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10019[/ATTACH]

This is my new-built Intel CAT at Phil's suggestion. The sound of the Intel CAT(with win server 2012 R2 and AO) is way better than my mac mini 2012 server, which also had win server 2012 R2 and AO.

Hi John

Very nice, great you like the new CAT and the new Level of Sound Quality! :)

OK, you guys, you got me! Too much magic bus! I was going to put together a new CAPS-3 Carbon/ W8.1. Now I'm going go Zima / ws2012 and Audiophile Optimizer! With some learning, I think my computer skills are up to the task.

I am currently running a CAPS-2 / w7 and Fidelizer Extremist and am pretty jazzed about the sound. I am curious to see how the upgrade sounds.

Randy

Hi Randy

Take your time, the PDF guide is your best friend, watch the videos on my page, this will help as well. Should you still need advice, don't hesitate to send me an email.

Well....

personally, i would use it also on a single pc setup. But the strenghts of jplay are clearly in the dual-pc setup, hibernation mode gets very comfortable and sounds great!

on the other hand, many of my single box customers like it better without jplay, especially those with slower cpu's.

fortunately, jplay is easy to test! :-)

Phil, I recently purchased the Optimizer over the weekend, and am very happy with the results.

Is there a particular Linear PSU you would recommend using with the PPA wide-rage 160W DC to ATX PSU.

THanks

Hi

The powerplants are even better, perfect. But as you discovered yourself, also the PSU can make a big difference (or ruin everything) as well. I use a Corsair AX760i on my ControlPC and a PPA wide-rage 160W DC to ATX PSU in my AudioPC. Both are highly recommended!

ControlPC: AX760i Digital ATX Power Supply

AudioPC: SHOPPING AREA: DC to ATX 160W PSU

Cheers,

Phil

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10019[/ATTACH]

This is my new-built Intel CAT at Phil's suggestion. The sound of the Intel CAT(with win server 2012 R2 and AO) is way better than my mac mini 2012 server, which also had win server 2012 R2 and AO.

What's the specs on this build... what all do you have in there? I'm looking to build something that works well with Win2k12. I still haven't gotten my PC to stop doing the skips once in a while and it's enough that I just going to build it again. I was thinking of doing a supped up Zuma styled build...but maybe this would work than that.

Plus once I do that I can finally buy AO from Phil. :)