IGNORED

Best of the best DSD downloads

The Hoff Ensemble is amazing. Loved the relax, ambient sound. It really feels live! Such a power from DSD!

Is there anything like this? I am looking for a jazz quartet DSD similar to art pepper, maybe someone has a lead.

The DXD version sounds great too, and is in fact the original recording format, so some may have better results with that version.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

David Elias for folk/acoustic, sometimes also in surround.

Keith Greeninger for folk/acoustic at BlueCoastRecords.

Erib Bibb - blues at Opus 3.

Channel Classics and NativeDSD.com for classical.

SuperHiRez.com for various types (jazz, pop, etc...)

The market for great DSD 2x (+surround) music for electronic afficionados is yet untapped...

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Channel Classics and NativeDSD.com for classical.

There is a new Jazz section at NativeDSD.com as well. Has 21 Jazz DSD downloads including 12 DSD albums from Challenge Jazz (very well done!)

See their home page list (Jazz in DSD) or enter Jazz under Genre on their search page for the full list.

My first post here

I have also downloaded a few Blue Coast releases and met them at the RMAF this year. One of my favorite SACDs has always been the Rolling Stones "Let it Bleed" album and I listened to the album a ton and bought the CD. I got the SACD release and could hear a difference - much more details that were left off the original CD. I just downloaded the DSD version (since I don't have a way to copy SACDs like many do here) from Acoustic Sounds Super HiRez | Acoustic Sounds It appears to be just as good as the SACD copy I have.

I am starting to rip all my cds and downloading Hi Rez Flac and DSD files to my PC in my study and then play them back through my Oppo 105 in my system in the Family room. So far this has been a great experience with the ease of being able to select my music and not have to get out the CDs.

Reggie

Reggie

Family Room:70" Sharp Elite/Marantz AV8801/MM8077/GoldenEar:Triton Ones (superseding Triton 2s), SuperCenter XL center channel, and SuperSat 60surrounds/Oppo BDP-105/Directv Genie/ HP Notebook

Basement: 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000/Marantz AV8003/Marantz MM8003/PSB Stratus Gold Front,Center,Left, Surrounds

My first post here

I have also downloaded a few Blue Coast releases and met them at the RMAF this year. One of my favorite SACDs has always been the Rolling Stones "Let it Bleed" album and I listened to the album a ton and bought the CD. I got the SACD release and could hear a difference - much more details that were left off the original CD. I just downloaded the DSD version (since I don't have a way to copy SACDs like many do here) from Acoustic Sounds Super HiRez | Acoustic Sounds It appears to be just as good as the SACD copy I have.

I am starting to rip all my cds and downloading Hi Rez Flac and DSD files to my PC in my study and then play them back through my Oppo 105 in my system in the Family room. So far this has been a great experience with the ease of being able to select my music and not have to get out the CDs.

Reggie

If you have a lot of RBCD and like DSD then check out HQPlayer from Signalyst. You will rediscover your CD collection - be prepared to waste a lot of time listening :)

Analog: Koetsu Rosewood > VPI Aries 3 w/SDS > EAR 834P > EAR 834L: Audiodesk cleaner

Digital Fun: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (JRMC) SOtM USB > Lynx Hilo > EAR 834L

Digital Serious: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (HQPlayer) Ethernet > SMS-100 NAA > Lampi DSD L4 G5 > EAR 834L

Digital Disc: Oppo BDP 95 > EAR 834L

Output: EAR 834L > Xilica XP4080 DSP > Odessey Stratos Mono Extreme > Legacy Aeris

Phones: EAR 834L > Little Dot Mk ii > Senheiser HD 800

If you like Vijay, this is for you!

BTW, i'm listening to it right now, excellent interpretation and the best SQ.

Roch

Strange, you can't buy the dsd album, only indiv. tracks. Am i missing something?

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

Strange, you can't buy the dsd album, only indiv. tracks. Am i missing something?

Some of the download sites (Blue Coast, Downloads Now, Native DSD) let you buy albums track by track or the full album in DSD. Other download sites only sell DSD albums in that form - all of the tracks at one price is the only choice.

I'm sure Vijay is available as a full album purchase in DSD.

Some of the download sites (Blue Coast, Downloads Now, Native DSD) let you buy albums track by track or the full album in DSD. Other download sites only sell DSD albums in that form - all of the tracks at one price is the only choice.

I'm sure Vijay is available as a full album purchase in DSD.

Nope, singles only: Solo | Vijay Iyer | ACT Music

9 singles at $4, $36 is not a price I'm willing to pay. Thanks though.

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

Yes, they changed the deliver (and price).

Please ask Cookie.

Roch

Great Roch. Thanks!

If you have a lot of RBCD and like DSD then check out HQPlayer from Signalyst. You will rediscover your CD collection - be prepared to waste a lot of time listening :)

This looks very interesting...can this program stream to my Oppo 105 via DNLA? I looked over the application but didn't see a clear answer on their page.

Digital: Synology NAS DS716+II > Netgear Nighthawk AC Wireless > Oppo Sonica DAC & 105

Analogue: Sota Sapphire, Well Tempered Classic Arm (LA Labs mod), Charisma Reference One MC, AcousTech PH-1 Premium Phono

The Rest: Conrad Johnson LS-17 Preamp, Conrad Johnson 2300A, Vandersteen 3A Sigs with 2Wq sub

This looks very interesting...can this program stream to my Oppo 105 via DNLA? I looked over the application but didn't see a clear answer on their page.

I'm not sure, but if you can feed the Oppo a digital input such as a USB cable then you can have HQP push DSD out to the Oppo (I think your 105 operates as an outboard DAC, my 95 does not).

Analog: Koetsu Rosewood > VPI Aries 3 w/SDS > EAR 834P > EAR 834L: Audiodesk cleaner

Digital Fun: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (JRMC) SOtM USB > Lynx Hilo > EAR 834L

Digital Serious: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (HQPlayer) Ethernet > SMS-100 NAA > Lampi DSD L4 G5 > EAR 834L

Digital Disc: Oppo BDP 95 > EAR 834L

Output: EAR 834L > Xilica XP4080 DSP > Odessey Stratos Mono Extreme > Legacy Aeris

Phones: EAR 834L > Little Dot Mk ii > Senheiser HD 800

Check with the developer, listed as Miska, on the HQ Player thread under software here on CA. I have used most of the sever software out there and this one can make ANY rate from CD up, including DXD and DSD, sound their best. Not the best interface and lacks some features but when it comes to sound it is the best so far.

Ambassador for Sound Galleries Monaco and Taiko Audio The Netherlands 

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

Sound Galleries SGM 2015 Music Server>ROON-all rates up-sampled to DSD512 by HQ Player>Sablon Reserva 2017 USB>T+A DAC 8 DSD>Merrill Audio Veritas Ncore NC1200 Mono Amps>B&W 802D>High Fidelity Cables Interconnect, Speaker & Power Cords for Amps & SGM & T+A>Power Conditioning High Fidelity MC-6 Hemisphere>T+A & Hemisphere supported by Stillpoints Ultra Mini - B&W 802D & Veritas supported by Stillpoints Ultra SS>All sitting on IKEA Aptitlig bamboo butcher blocks - Taiko Audio Setchi active grounding on SGM & T+A

• 8 months later...