IGNORED

Howdy, you are in for it now

I would like to say hello to everyone around here. You all can call me Donnie, short for Don.

I've been messing around with computer based stereo for around 3 years now. I'm one ot those "strange ones" that use a computer and tube amplfication.

I'm PC based with JRiver 17, a Wyred 4 Sound DAC1, Decware Torii MKIII amp, and Decware MG944 speakers. All of my cabling is Mapleshade. All in all nothing way exotic, but it sounds pretty good to my worn out ears.

I usually have a slightly skewed view of things and have been known to say things in jest.

So you have all been warned!

Computers and tubes for me as well.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

"Skewed" can be perfectly normal around here Donnie, your going to be right at home. We can occasionally complain about the weather together (not much to complain about this year). Welcome Donnie...

Jim from Iowa

PC (J River-Jplay) > USB > Mytek 192 - DSD > XLR > Adcom GFP-750 Pre > XLR > Emotiva XPA-5 > Snell C/V's (bi-amped) / Klipsch Sub <100 Hz

"Howdy, you are in for it now" - Think this is what line I used when I first met my wife.

Donnie - Welcome to the group. Hopefully you can find it valuable in enhancing your listening experience.

Main / Office: Home built computer -> Roon Core (Tidal & FLAC) -> Wireless -> Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 -> Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire (On order)

Portable / Travel: iPhone 12 Pro Max -> ALAC or Tidal -> iFi Hip Dac -> Meze 99 Classics or Meze Rai Solo

...... use a computer and tube amplfication....All of my cabling is Mapleshade.

I usually have a slightly skewed view of things and have been known to say things in jest.

Let us see.....

I use a tube preamp, Mapleshade cables, make an arse out of myself on the majority of my posts & am often misunderstood due to my poor communication skills.

This is what I like least about the internet.......it makes me look so average........

Welcome Don (long for Donnie) ; )

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob

....just an "ON" switch, Please!

Well it looks like I am in good company!

Usually when I talk to tube amp people it is all about vinyl, they have a tendency to look down to computers. They say that they are nothing but glorified iPods. I make fun of them because they have to take all day to find, clean and setup their vinyl rigs before they can actully listen to some music. I can think of something to play and have it up and playing in 30 seconds. But to each their own, I enjoy music, you enjoy music, how we get there is our own obsession.

To the question of my Decware equipment, I am very happy with it. The only problem that I ever had with any of their products was with their DAC. I'm pretty sure I'm the reason that they stopped selling them. Mine kept blowing up for no good reason. I had a contest at the last Decfest and actully gave my blown up DAC away.

But as far as the Torii goes, I think that it runs pretty hard with the big boys.

Their speakers are pretty remarkable, Bob Ziegler is a genius and woodworking god. I am currently saving up for a pair of his HR-1's.

Life is funny, when I have time I have no money and when I have money I have no time.