IGNORED

HQPlayer's Network Audio Adapter

16 hours ago, stoychev said:

Multiple NIC's on Windows machine where hosting HQP? On that PC there is VirtualBox installed and WSL2.

Yes, likely the virtual NICs cause the problem here. Typically for example something like VPN virtual interfaces. You can try to reorder the priority/metric of the interfaces so that the correct physical interface gets the multicast packets. Another alternative is to adjust OS routing tables.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

• 1 month later...
On 11/21/2022 at 12:16 AM, Miska said:

Yes, as long as it works without issues it is fine.

Since HQPlayer OS 5.3.0 I have a reproducible problem on the T+A SDV 3100 HV DAC. When I end the music via Roon, a short sequence of the track follows a few seconds later. 

It is particularly pronounced with the AHM7EC5L modulator. With the ASDM7EC-light modulator, only a short crack is audible.

According to T+A, NAA version 3.5 is running in the DAC. NAA 4.6 is currently available. Could this be the reason?

13 hours ago, StreamFidelity said:

According to T+A, NAA version 3.5 is running in the DAC. NAA 4.6 is currently available. Could this be the reason?

You could use direct USB connection without a NAA for comparison. That would tell if it is related.

At least I have not noticed anything like that with my NAA on front of DAC 200. Or direct UBS connection from HQPlayer Desktop running on Ubuntu to HA 200.

Have you enabled the new idle feature? I highly recommend to use it with Roon, set it to at least 10 seconds, preferably more (so you don't have engine stops between choosing new content either).

Also another improvement would be to use fixed output rate, so disabling Auto rate / Adaptive rate. Then the DAC doesn't need to be stopped/restarted every now and then.

57 minutes ago, Zauurx said:

Very interesting... but NAA 4.6 need absolutely HQP 5.32 to work (as device enter) ?

No, there is no strict binding between NAA version and HQPlayer version. Some new functionality may of course require high enough version on both sides. Old functionality continues to work as before.

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Andrey Boldakov said:

Does (and maybe) somebody khow how to config manual static IP in NAA OS for UltraRendu version? 

You need to mount the microSD rootfs on a Linux computer. Then you can edit network configuration in /etc/systemd/network according to:

https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/latest/systemd.network.html

21 minutes ago, Miska said:

You need to mount the microSD rootfs on a Linux computer. Then you can edit network configuration in /etc/systemd/network

Miska, thank you very much! 

I will do! 

Also can I tear down the bridge in HQPlayer Embedded OS via two commands down bellow? 

sudo ifconfig br0 down
sudo ifconfig br0 destroy

(and configure IP mannualy via ifconfig or ip commands after it)

Or I have to use some another commands to disable the bridge?

12 minutes ago, Andrey Boldakov said:

Also can I tear down the bridge in HQPlayer Embedded OS via two commands down bellow? 

You would certainly want to adjust the configuration files instead of redoing the manual command line configuration after each reboot.

But if you want to do this, you could instead install for example minimal Ubuntu Server 22.04 LTS? Makes life easier if you want to make such bigger configuration changes... Otherwise you'll have quite a bit of pain on each new HQPlayer release.

28 minutes ago, Miska said:

Makes life easier if you want to make such bigger configuration changes

But it makes life much harder optimizing the clear Ubuntu OS for the best sound possible on it (((

The reason I do need all this pain is unstable behavior of my HQPlayer Embeded OS (((

(actually that's the only reason I have no updated my licence to 5.x version yet)

I run Windows version of HQPlayer — everything is smooth (except of Sound Quality)... HQPlayer Desktop always connects to NAA endpoint with no troubles at all, while Embeded OS looses it in case of network lag and require me to restart my uRendu phisically. HQP Desktop always work — crash downs are very rare, while HQPlayer Embeded OS falls down more and more often and can't be restarted easily without PC restarting (no RDP, no Task Manager). And finaly HQPlayer Desktop runs DSD1024x48 ASDM7ECv2 poly-sinc-gauss-xla without lags (it has no drop outs), while Embeded OS stucking sometimes on the same task.. 

But it is all over when I hear how much HQPlayer Embeded OS is optimized in Sound Quality over the Windows Server 2022 with GUI (because HQP Windows version do not works as a servece and requires a GUI)... 

So I decided to try to get stable behavior for my HQPlayer Embeded OS...

I was guessing my troubles in overclocking my i9-13900KS to 5.9GHz all cores, but no. Cinebench stress test runs with no troubles for 30 minutes, and music plays in Windows easily 

15 hours ago, Andrey Boldakov said:

while Embeded OS looses it in case of network lag and require me to restart my uRendu phisically

@Miska maybe you already touched this problem before? Maybe some solution exists?

One network lag... and HQPlayer Embeded OS becomes unreachable from web for 4-5 minutes. And after it NAA list is empty.. The only UltraRendu phisical restart fills this list again, but takes another 4-5 minutes. 

Windows version of HQPlayer (Desktop) works quite well exactly at the same computer in same network conditions

I will buy HQPlayer 5.x immediately if it could be resolved 🙏

13 hours ago, Andrey Boldakov said:

@Miska maybe you already touched this problem before? Maybe some solution exists?

One network lag... and HQPlayer Embeded OS becomes unreachable from web for 4-5 minutes. And after it NAA list is empty.. The only UltraRendu phisical restart fills this list again, but takes another 4-5 minutes. 

I have not heard about such issue before.

Sounds like HQPlayer OS is having trouble talking to your Rendu. But I don't know why. What do are you running on Rendu? Is it the Sonore's OS, or is it my NAA OS?

It is also possible that HQPlayer OS is having trouble getting the network up and configured from your DHCP server. But since the Rendu is somehow related to this, I find it more likely that this is related to the NAA connection.

2 minutes ago, Miska said:

Is it the Sonore's OS, or is it my NAA OS?

I use NAA OS as it sounds clearly better then Sonic Orbiter. 

3 minutes ago, Miska said:

HQPlayer OS is having trouble getting the network up and configured from your DHCP server

Good idea! I will configure static IP on both HQPlayer Embeded OS and NAA OS soon! 

🙏

11 minutes ago, Miska said:

You are on latest image of both NAA OS (4.5.0 for Rendu) and also of HQPlayer OS?

I even tried evaluation version of HQPlayer Embeded OS 5.0 and was having the same trouble. I will try the latest release of 5.3.1 but I wouldn't bet on it.. 

Cinebench stress test is easy goes for 30 minutes, and MemTest is also fully ok.. 

22 minutes ago, Miska said:

more likely that this is related to the NAA connection

So yes... 

Have no troubles playing to usb without HQPlayer get lost.. 

16 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

The hdmi output of the rpi is hdmi only while NAA needs a I2S output (on hdmi or other connection) … like the Holo Red Streamer.

However, HQPlayer on mac can output audio through HDMI to my Denon x3800h.

So I should get Holo Red?