IGNORED

Apple dock connector nightmare

I wonder if micro-USB would have done everything Apple plans in the future for this connection. Considering Apple may use this connector for 5-10 years like the previous connector who knows if Thunderbolt speed will be supported or what. I'm not supporting the use of a non-standard connector just considering why, other than money, Apple may have gone this route.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I doubt it, as video input and output is what Apple is probably aiming for, and USB just isn't up to snuff with that yet. It may not reach full Thunderbolt speed, but you can pretty well best on 1080p video with 5c Audio.

That cNet article was hilarious, another typical hack job on Apple. Wonder if the Macalope will pick up on it? :)

-Paul

I wonder if micro-USB would have done everything Apple plans in the future for this connection. Considering Apple may use this connector for 5-10 years like the previous connector who knows if Thunderbolt speed will be supported or what. I'm not supporting the use of a non-standard connector just considering why, other than money, Apple may have gone this route.

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Is it true that the new Iphone 5 doesn't work in Ipod mode on car stereos any more? Certainly motivates me to keep my Iphone 4 still for a while.

"iPod mode" is a specific function used by BMW and a few other manufacturers. 90% of car stereos will work afaik.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Bad luck for me as a BMW driver...

I quite agree... Bad luck on being a BMW driver :-) Oh... That's maybe not what you meant!

Eloise (with hugs and a smile)

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

I quite agree... Bad luck on being a BMW driver :-) Oh... That's maybe not what you meant!

Eloise (with hugs and a smile)

Thanks for your support given this painful situation I'm in...

Joke apart, I'm actually a very loyal customer and happy with my Bavarian-American motor.