IGNORED

Article: Computer Audiophile Celebrates Its Second Birthday!

Congrats and thank you for these informative learning grounds. While ripping I spent many hours reading old posts, just 'cause there's so much knowledge in them. It made me change my way of doing things a few times now. Thanks and cheers.<br />

<br />

Ruud :)

~

It's awesome to hear you are able to make this your full time gig Chris. Well done.<br />

<br />

May CA have a long and happy future, which I'm sure it will.<br />

<br />

Happy Birthday!<br />

<br />

Best<br />

James

Naim 282/250/hi-cap/cd5xs/dac/stageline, mac book pro/fidelia/amarra hifi/halide bridge, rega p3/24, focal utopia scala

Congratulations Chris !<br />

<br />

It would have been a long and painful road without CA.<br />

Can't wait to play with the new features, and read new articles.<br />

<br />

Now you really are a full time consultant in computer audio.<br />

How cool is that (I'm jealous right now) ;)<br />

<br />

Elp (from France)<br />

This is a site I came upon about a year ago and it has been a pleasure keeping up with. It gave me confidence in music server as the way to go over cd player. I show all my friends my iPhone controlling my entire cd library and its quite a hit. So I know this is the future!

Samsung 2TB SSD external drive > Oppo 205 USB in > McIntosh C45 > Proceed AMP5 > Mirage HDT Speakers > Velodyne HGS15 Sub // Nordost Blue Heaven Cables, PS Audio Quintet, OWC 2TB Mercury Elite Pro Firewire

May I suggest adding a second hand/exchange market place. I have noticed that being a computer audiophile, it is difficult for me to sell second hand equiptment like sound card, DAC etc. Some of the soundcard that we values are considered non-audiophile by the main stream forums.

Awesome! Congrats Chris, thanks for the best audiophile site on the, best in 2010....<br />

<br />

Jeff

\"It would be a mistake to demonize any particular philosophy. To do so forces people into entrenched positions and encourages the adoption of unhelpful defensive reactions, thus missing the opportunity for constructive dialog\"[br] - Martin Colloms - stereophile.com

Now that the site, and the technology I suppose, has matured and grown, I find your site every informative. I am coming in to this part of audio without knowing much about it but I do have an extensive audio and IT background and I was surprised at how much I had to learn. The internet is my friend when I need to learn, and a surfing I went. I have to say that after much content ingestion and browsing I find your site to be a wealth of information. Nice job of combining a forum, blog style updates, reviews, recommended components and of course the Academy. I have not seen this this mix before and it works very well. It is unique and really works.<br />

<br />

My only gripe is I find the forum lacks a lot of viewing functionality and I have a hard time working my way thru and following a thread.<br />

Dedicated 240V balanced power, Torus RM20-BAL. Mac Mini/Ayre QB-9. LSA Group Signature integrated. Eminent Tech LFT8B speakers. Real Trap and GIK bass traps.

Chris, Is this a reference to something like your local newspaper? I don't get it. When I first saw it I thought you made a mistake with a site update and had the wrong name. To me it doesn't "pop"! Maybe you can convince one of your sponsors such as BAD to give away an Alpha in a naming competition :-)

Dedicated 240V balanced power, Torus RM20-BAL. Mac Mini/Ayre QB-9. LSA Group Signature integrated. Eminent Tech LFT8B speakers. Real Trap and GIK bass traps.

Happy "B" Day! <br />

<br />

In the coming days when your thinking of what to add please don't forget about the manufacturers and resellers:)<br />

<br />

Also, if there is anything I can do please let me know!<br />

<br />

Best Regards<br />

<br />

Jesus R

Happy B-Day, Chris/CA!<br />

<br />

Chris is The Man and Computer Audiophile is THE Site!<br />

<br />

Rascal

A: Mac Mini => Peachtree Nova => LFD Integrated Zero Mk.III => Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 | Musical Fidelity X-CAN V-8 => AKG K 701

B: Airport Express = > Benchmark DAC1 => Rega Brio-R => B&W DM 601 S2

C: Airport Express => AudioEngine A2