IGNORED

HI-Player Released

New audio player software released

HI-Player is a high-quality music playback software for music lovers; 

Highly optimized playback engine for HIFI, high quality playback of PCM/DSD files with very low jitter;

based on Mac/Windows operating system of x86/arm, it has the ability of playing local music files, streaming, playing, and pushing to professional audio decoders; the ability to frequency up/ down any PCM sampling rate file (including various PCM compression formats such as flac, ape, mp3, aac, ISO,cue, etc.) to a specified PCM sampling rate or DSD sampling rate; it also has the ability to resample any DSD format (DSD64~DSD1024) to the specified DSD format or PCM format playback;

For DSD512, we use conventional equipment to play back stably and smoothly, the CPU occupation is low, so we do not need to buy expensive computing machines, which save costs and protects the environment.

For streaming media support, HI-Player currently supports the mobile iPhone/iPad/Mac by AIRPlay2/DLNA push-stream reception capabilities, deeply optimized AirPlay protocol stack, and supports smooth playback audio under weak networks; you can push the files on your phone to Mac/Windows devices for direct enjoyment or frequency up and forward to DAC for enjoyment;

github:

https://github.com/sunhuino1/HI-Player

https://github.com/sunhuino1/HI-Player/blob/main/HI-Player-introduction-English.pdf

Mac App Store search:HI-Player to download HI-Player

Oh yes, Linux? 😀

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

From the beginning, where - o - where is the EXE for Windows? These are the files for download and mean diddly squat.  Or is there some secret code that translates a pdf to a downloaded exe? Please don't make it hard for the computer and programming illiterates.

image.thumb.png.7af543720bd59425833cdfae75deefab.png

From the manual:

x86...where is x64? The manual screen shots are from MacOS, there's no reference for m1, m2, m3 processors either. Looks like vaporware.

Oh please use a spell checker, Sinc = Sync. 

No uPNP or network transmission, AirPlay is not networking protocol, and you have to pay for this? A reverse engineered HQPlayer, mm, not tonight Josephine.

image.png.30287f4fc1f3fa9c95361bf8b7dd43fd.png

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

On 3/2/2024 at 8:41 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Seems like many of the filter and modulator options are like @Miska’s HQPlayer. 

I'm a HI-FI lover, with a love of classic music and a software engineer working on video conferencing cloud services like (zoom);
I often use HQPlayer, HQPlayer is a very good software, through the use of HQPlayer I have learned a lot of knowledge, thanks to Miska, but the only problem of HQPlayer is high power consumption, so I developed HI-Player, hoping to provide you with low power consumption options. Lower power consumption and better sound quality;

7 hours ago, One and a half said:

From the beginning, where - o - where is the EXE for Windows? These are the files for download and mean diddly squat.  Or is there some secret code that translates a pdf to a downloaded exe? Please don't make it hard for the computer and programming illiterates.

image.thumb.png.7af543720bd59425833cdfae75deefab.png

From the manual:

x86...where is x64? The manual screen shots are from MacOS, there's no reference for m1, m2, m3 processors either. Looks like vaporware.

Oh please use a spell checker, Sinc = Sync. 

No uPNP or network transmission, AirPlay is not networking protocol, and you have to pay for this? A reverse engineered HQPlayer, mm, not tonight Josephine.

image.png.30287f4fc1f3fa9c95361bf8b7dd43fd.png

Sorry, the documentation of HI-Player is on github. In the development of windows version, HI-Player will be sold through the app store, and it is currently available for download in the Mac app store.

9 hours ago, WEN HONG said:

Simple, efficient audio playback program for MAC OS, hoping to further improve local file management organization. Currently looking at features like the upgraded version of Foorbar2000.

HI-Player is similar to FooBar2000 because I developed the software by myself without an art designer, so I spent all my energy on coding, and I could only use the simplest mode of UI, including some ICONS using UTF8 Emoji.
FooBar2000 has good plugin capabilities, I have used for many years;
HI-Player has built-in up-frequency DSD/PCM, I hope it will become a simple but powerful HIFI Audio Player;

On 3/4/2024 at 11:07 PM, rettib2001 said:

Hi,

After giving the app a try I've subsribed for a year as it is great when used in conjunction with Audirvana (Qobuz).

Given the processing power of M1 and M2 iPad pros could you possibly make the app compatible with those devices a some point?

Regards,

Your suggestion is very good. I will evaluate this possibility soon.
I'll let you know when I have a conclusion

On 3/4/2024 at 1:58 PM, RunHomeSlow said:

Oh yes, Linux? 😀

HI-Player supports x64/arm64, requires avx2/neon(arm64), supports Linux most of the work is audio device and UI development;
The engine uses c/ C ++ and asm, and the next step is planned after the development of windows such as Linux version is completed.