Hi Guys, the custom Classifieds section has been retired and the Buy / Sell forum is back to being as simple as possible, and no simpler. To sell something, just click the "Start new topic" button at the top of the main Buy / Sell forum page or click the big green button below. To purchase something, just respond to the topic and work it out with the seller. 

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 7.59.07 AM.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

How do you prefer to mark a posting as sold? Revise the title? Add it to the text in the body? Or did I miss the magic button?

iMac 27" with local music files > Audirvana Studio > Router/ Modem> etherRegan )JS-2 LPS > Sablon > 2nd etherRegan (LPS 1.2))>UltraRendu (LPS-1.2)> Schiit Yggy > Ayre K5 XE MP Preamp > Ayre v5 Amp > Aerial 10-T Speakers. PC's, SC's and  IC's Cerious Technology Matrix and Ghent DC cords. Gaia under components and speakers. 1 Topaz 1k Iso, BPT power center. Maestro wall plug, dedicated 20 amp run to equipment, second run to distant iMac/Router, BK Precision 1604 and 2nd Topaz.

On 2/9/2024 at 1:06 AM, jas said:

How do you prefer to mark a posting as sold? Revise the title? Add it to the text in the body? Or did I miss the magic button?

changing title to eg “SOLD - My Item for sale” or even just “SOLD”

makes it so much easier to see what is for sale when browsing (without having to open each individual post)

Grimm Mu-1 > Mola Mola Makua/DAC > Luxman m900u > Vivid Audio Kaya 90

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, mark2700 said:

is it ok to remove ad and replace with updated sale ? the new system has potential customers only seeing the initial ad copy and not the scrolled down updates 

If I follow what you're saying, people aren't scrolling down to read the updates, so you want to remove the ad and place a new one? 

This requires manual intervention unfortunately and will be a lot of work for me. Ideally people would learn to scroll down. A less than ideal compromise is to post a new ad with the updated info, but that won't be a perfect solution. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 1 month later...

@The Computer Audiophile,

A suggestion to solve all the issues above:

Add special rules to just this forum that gives authors unlimited time to revise their posts.

I know you said “not possible” earlier with regard to editing the title, but enabling editing of the body (and attachments) without restriction would solve the “gotta scroll down” issue.

If you think about pricing, people sometimes don’t know what will sell and they may need to adjust the price several times. You don’t want to have to keep posting pricing changes over and over again as capitulation sets in, and you don’t want to encourage potential buyers to sit on their hands because they see you lowering the price every few days when something isn’t getting snapped up. It’s a disservice to the seller.

Sellers also might have a typo in their ad that isn’t caught immediately. A post-script isn’t the most flattering place to fix a typo. 😅

Thanks for the great forums and for your consideration!

Chris, I believe, is doing his best, but ultimately, he has to make the best business decisions for his business.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

Totally agree there.

I was speaking the obvious point, out loud, that people don't think about. 

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects