IGNORED

Best (for audio sound quality) media server for NAS

Hi y'all. What is the recommended media server for music for my DS 1621+ NAS server? Currently, I am running Minimserver on my NAS and the bubbleUPnP app on my phone to stream the audio to my sMS 200 streamer. Is that the best combination? TIA for your advice

Custom built silent Media PC, Synology DS415+ NAS -> SoTM sms200Ultra/sps500  -> TAD DA1000 DAC/preamp and Bryston 4BSST2 power amp -> Harbeth SHL5 speakers and Velodyne DD10+ subwoofers. PowerQuest Carbon USB cable, Chord Company Chorus interconnects, Chord Company Signature speaker leads, Clearer Audio Silver-Line power leads

On 1/22/2024 at 8:58 AM, stefano_mbp said:

I have a very similar setup:

• MinimServer running on a Intel Nuc8i3/16GB ram/Ubuntu 22.04
  • Lumin app (Bubbleupnpserver is running on the Nuc8i3)
  • SOtM sms200 Neo

and I’m very satisfied with it. 

MinimServer is one of, if not the, best mediaserver and it is very versatile and very well supported.

I’ve tried dbpoweramp Asset but there is no story, they “sound” exactly the same but the browsing experience is much better with MinimServer.

MinimServer is always very fast and reliable and I’ve never had any issue with it.

I’m on Apple devices and cannot try Bubbleupnp but I can say that Lumïn is very well integrated with MinimServer, anyway it’s all about ergonomics and not about sound.

How to use the Lumin app on iPad with HQplayerEmbedded?
The Lumin app sees the MimimServer on nas just fine, but I can only select a Lumin

image.thumb.png.4aae548f9ad7761acf3f81d88dadae46.png