IGNORED

The best audio system in the world regardless of price (according to A.I.)

Chat GTP costs 700K a day just to run the infrastructure for it.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

16 minutes ago, botrytis said:

Chat GTP costs 700K a day just to run the infrastructure for it.

yes, never underestimate greed:

"The venture capital firm Sequoia Capital estimates that A.I. businesses could eventually produce “trillions of dollars” in economic value."

Grimm Audio MU2 > Mola Mola Makua > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables: Kubala-Sosna    Power management: Shunyata    Room: Vicoustics    Ethernet: Network Acoustics Muon Pro

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

I do not trust venture capitalists because I spent my career working with them. 

I do not think so. Why? It will put some people out of work, etc. They do not look at the economic impact to workers and the workplace, only the bottom line.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

On 4/24/2023 at 9:10 PM, botrytis said:

Here. Just let your cat use this...

https://cat-gpt.com

😂

On 4/24/2023 at 9:10 PM, botrytis said:

It is indeed. I actually read it earlier. But it's a bird topic so I'm gonna quote it there.

I just visited the Metallica thread. After some consideration I will risk a brave thesis - I think AI should compose not only pop music but also try some trash metal, let's give it a chance and see, guys, how about it.?

8 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

😂

It is indeed. I actually read it earlier. But it's a bird topic so I'm gonna quote it there.

I just visited the Metallica thread. After some consideration I will risk a brave thesis - I think AI should compose not only pop music but also try some trash metal, let's give it a chance and see, guys, how about it.?

I already have some Computer Music - well 'played' on a computer.....

Primary

I have an original vinyl copy in really nice Condition (Because I haven't unpacked my vinyl).

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

1 hour ago, botrytis said:

Because I haven't unpacked my vinyl

Very wise! I've always had problems with understanding people who after buying vinyl not only unpack it but also listen to it, after all everyone knows that vinyl sound deteriorates with each playback..

On 4/20/2023 at 9:07 PM, sphinxsix said:

What copyright infringement is possible in pop music like  this?

These are all 5-6 chords based songs, as @The Computer Audiophile once explained me written usually by professional teams of composers, lyricists etc. It's all been played, replayed and slightly modified millions of times. All sounds the same, sad 'emotional' male vocalists, female ones usually sound like idiots without a trace of personality..

IMO such music should be created by AI and all of these artists instead of drinking multi colorful drinks in Hawaii should find themselves another job, eg in a factory, not a hits factory of course  though..

On 4/20/2023 at 10:12 PM, sphinxsix said:

My opinion - why not embarrass pop music fans by making them realize how sophisticated stuff they listen to. But would they care.?

I like GPT talking about conveying emotions and feelings..

Q: What are the most popular chords and chords progressions in pop music nowadays?

GPT:

One common chord progression in pop music is the I-IV-V progression. This progression uses the first, fourth, and fifth chords of the major scale, and is used in countless pop songs. For example, the chords in the chorus of the song "All About That Bass" by Meghan Trainor follow this progression (Bb - Eb - F).

Another popular chord progression in pop music is the vi-IV-I-V progression. This progression starts with the sixth chord of the major scale, then moves to the fourth, first, and fifth chords. This progression can be heard in songs like "Someone Like You" by Adele (Am - F - C - G) and "Let Her Go" by Passenger (Am - F - C - G).

In terms of individual chords, the major and minor chords are the most commonly used chords in pop music. Some other popular chords in pop music include the seventh chords (such as dominant seventh and major seventh chords) and the suspended chords (such as sus2 and sus4 chords).

Overall, while there may be certain trends in pop music when it comes to chord progressions and chords, the most important thing is to use chords that fit the song and convey the desired emotion or feeling.

Ed Sheeran:

“Most pop songs can fit over most pop songs … You could go from Let it Be to No Woman, No Cry and switch back,”

To put it extremely mildly - pop music isn't go game where the number of possible stone positions is bigger than the number of atoms in the universe.

Amen.

Appearing in New York court, singer-songwriter defends his ballad Thinking Out Loud against similarities with Gaye’s song Let’s Get It On

JP Morgan is crediting ChatGPT for the recent stock market rally. In a new note the bank cites interest in artificial intelligence for more than half of the gains in the S&P 500 this year.

According to JP Morgan, 53% of S&P 500 performance, can be attributed to the language learning model innovation companies and in the case of NASDAQ - 54% of the growth.

JPMorgan note credits ChatGPT for stock market rally

The moment AI (even better AGI which some claim is closer than anyone thinks) goes into pop music, I'm investing all my savings into it. Will may be even tempted to sell my spare cables for some extra money ;-)

But seriously - IMO it's either we control it very wisely or, in particular in case of appearing AGI we might get scr...d up by it really seriously, like let's say an amateur playing chess with Carlsen (that is of course unless we get boiled earlier on this planet..). 

v37ncwittqwjwqgwsowg.png

Anyway before it happens (and I still hope for AI/AGI World Presidency ;-)) maybe we will get some decent AI pop music and not necessarily only pop music.. 

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

This is IMO extremely interesting.

"Researchers at the University of Texas at Austin have developed an artificial intelligence (AI) system capable of interpreting and reconstructing human thoughts.
According to a press release from the University of Texas at Austin, the AI was able to get things right approximately 50% of the time. The results, however, aren’t exact.

Realistically speaking, there’s nothing stopping a clever developer (with access to an fMRI machine) from developing an AI system that can read a person's thoughts and record them to the blockchain.

This could lead to a "proof-of-thought" paradigm, wherein perhaps people could mint nonfungible tokens (NFTs) of their thoughts or record immutable ledgers of their feelings and ideas for posterity, legal purposes or just bragging rights.

The impact, for example, of thought-to-blockchain NFT minting could have implications for copywriting and patent applications where the blockchain serves as proof of exactly when a thought or idea was recorded. It could also allow celebrity thinkers such as Nobel laureates or contemporary philosophers to codify their ideas in an immutable record — one that could be commoditized and served as collectible digital assets."

Scientists in Texas developed a GPT-like AI system that reads minds

Could also be used to prove that eg someone's composition is a fruit of his own creative process, I guess..

Just now, The Computer Audiophile said:

Oh boy, sign me up for the fan club of people fawning over a technology that is as accurate as a monkey guessing. 🙂

How often do you know what your wife is thinking about.? 😉

17 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Given that the machine required to read someone's mind with 50% accuracy weighs between 10,000 and 20,000 lbs.

Did you ever compare the size and abilities of the first computers with a contemporary smartphone?

18 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I prefer direct human communication

Don't be so old-school, Chris, not on this thread..

The so called 'direct' human communication is so imperfect. It's actually rarely direct - you know, self-censorship, lies.. It's so slow - speaking, typing, all of that takes time..

Just imagine really direct 'thought to thought' communication, its speed, straightforwardness, truthfulness..

Just imagine, having a brilliant thought which immediately is immortalized in a blockchain and patented. Someone else having the same idea 5 min later - sorry boy, you're late..

Just imagine a customer of an audio shop listening to let's say 2 audio systems without a need to say anything.. And the dealer saying immediately after that (after Audio AI analyzed everything the customer thought about while listening to the music) - I tend to agree with you sir, the bass could be better controlled, highs smoother and more detailed and also soundstaging a tad better than in those 2 systems, our latest AI based on your impressions proposes in such circumstances a system consisting of components X, Y and Z. It also suggests that you might be not satisfied with a traditional stereo in the long run and strongly suggests an Atmos system.. 😎

29 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

Did you ever compare the size and abilities of the first computers with a contemporary smartphone?

Don't be so old-school, Chris, not on this thread..

The so called 'direct' human communication is so imperfect. It's actually rarely direct - you know, self-censorship, lies.. It's so slow - speaking, typing, all of that takes time..

Just imagine really direct 'thought to thought' communication, its speed, straightforwardness, truthfulness..

Just imagine, having a brilliant thought which immediately is immortalized in a blockchain and patented. Someone else having the same idea 5 min later - sorry boy, you're late..

Just imagine a customer of an audio shop listening to let's say 2 audio systems without a need to say anything.. And the dealer saying immediately after that (after Audio AI analyzed everything the customer thought about while listening to the music) - I tend to agree with you sir, the bass could be better controlled, highs smoother and more detailed and also soundstaging a tad better than in those 2 systems, our latest AI based on your impressions proposes in such circumstances a system consisting of components X, Y and Z. It also suggests that you might be not satisfied with a traditional stereo in the long run and strongly suggests an Atmos system.. 😎

Direct communication is all we mere mortals have - as imperfect as it is.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

3 minutes ago, botrytis said:

Direct communication is all we mere mortals have - as imperfect as it is.

We're not talking mere mortals here - if your thoughts get immortalized in a blockchain, you become immortal.. 😎

15 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

We're not talking mere mortals here - if your thoughts get immortalized in a blockchain, you become immortal.. 😎

@botrytis and all old-school analogue guys.. 😉

Of Geoffrey Hinton who recently quit Google to warn of the dangers of artificial intelligence:

"Once he accepted that we were building intelligences with the potential to outthink humanity, the more alarming conclusions followed. “I thought it would happen eventually, but we had plenty of time: 30 to 50 years. I don’t think that any more. And I don’t know any examples of more intelligent things being controlled by less intelligent things – at least, not since Biden got elected.

“You need to imagine something more intelligent than us by the same difference that we’re more intelligent than a frog. And it’s going to learn from the web, it’s going to have read every single book that’s every been written on how to manipulate people, and also seen it in practice."

He now thinks the crunch time will come in the next five to 20 years, he says. “But I wouldn’t rule out a year or two. And I still wouldn’t rule out 100 years – it’s just that my confidence that this wasn’t coming for quite a while has been shaken by the realisation that biological intelligence and digital intelligence are very different, and digital intelligence is probably much better.”

‘We’ve discovered the secret of immortality. The bad news is it’s not for us’: why the godfather of AI fears for humanity

@sphinxsix just wants his hologram or replicant girlfriend(s) now, rather than waiting 20 years.  AI will shorten the wait.  

Grimm Audio MU2 > Mola Mola Makua > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables: Kubala-Sosna    Power management: Shunyata    Room: Vicoustics    Ethernet: Network Acoustics Muon Pro

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

6 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

Once the feeding of cats by artificial intelligence will be established, the need for the continued existence of so-called humankind will be reduced to a barely discernible minimum. 

Terry Pratchett:

"Cats will amusingly tolerate humans only until someone comes up with a tin opener that can be operated with a paw."

There is a new thread on which many offend GPT and accuse it of many things..

All I can do is to repeat once again:

Chat GPT for president!  

Hereby I will prove that it's the only solution that makes sense.

I asked GPT:

Create 10 commandments for contemporary times based on universal values not religious ones.

GPT:

• Treat others with respect and kindness, as you would like to be treated.
  • Value diversity and celebrate differences, recognizing that every individual is unique and deserving of equal respect and opportunities.
  • Take responsibility for your actions and decisions, understanding that they have an impact on yourself and others.
  • Be honest and transparent in your dealings with others, avoiding deceit and manipulation.
  • Strive for excellence in all that you do, seeking to constantly improve yourself and the world around you.
  • Practice empathy and compassion, seeking to understand the perspectives and experiences of others.
  • Be mindful of the environment, seeking to minimize your impact on the planet and protect its natural resources.
  • Honor the rights and freedoms of others, including their right to express themselves, worship as they choose, and live free from discrimination.
  • Build meaningful relationships with others, cultivating connection and community.
  • Foster a spirit of generosity and altruism, seeking to contribute to the well-being of others and society as a whole.

Now.. show me a single politician whose actions are in accordance with these (IMO making deep sense) commandments..

And in addition knows that audio cables matter!

😎