IGNORED

Spectrum Analysis App for Mac?

I think RME makes a software package called DIGICheck but you might have to run there products with it.  Never used it but it may be worth looking at.

https://www.rme-audio.de/software.html

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

7 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Do you know if there's a way to get info like this with Isotope RX, and if so which version is required?

I think Standard gives you similar functionality on steroids. Not as simple, but you can do much more with all the editing facilities etc. I just  have a bundle package with bunch of their products (RX, Melodyne, VocalSynth, Ozone, Neutron, Neoverb and Nectar).

IIRC, they have a free trial, so you should be able to try it out before buying anything.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

6 hours ago, copy_of_a said:

When Xivero left business they provided all their softwares for free for a certain timespan.

The site is down now but you can download the latest installer of Musicscpe for instance here:

https://macdownload.informer.com/musicscope/download/#downloading

I have three XiVero apps (XiSRC, XiFEO, and MusicScope) - none of them work now, since I upgraded to a new computer and they can no longer be activated :/

So sad - they wrote great software that did things no one else was doing.  XiFEO, in particular, losslessly recoded music files to smaller FLAC files based on ACTUAL content of each file (individually), resulting in file size savings of up to 75% with no loss of actual content.  Pretty cool stuff.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

1 hour ago, jhwalker said:

So sad - they wrote great software that did things no one else was doing.  XiFEO, in particular, losslessly recoded music files to smaller FLAC files based on ACTUAL content of each file (individually), resulting in file size savings of up to 75% with no loss of actual content.  Pretty cool stuff.

That's the stuff I described when MQA was introduced and we were comparing file sizes and I demonstrated that it is possible to have better size savings in a totally standard FLAC than with MQA. HQPlayer Pro has similar functionality. (not that Pro would make any sense from business perspective, but since I need it myself, I just drag it along)

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

1 hour ago, jhwalker said:

I have three XiVero apps (XiSRC, XiFEO, and MusicScope) - none of them work now, since I upgraded to a new computer and they can no longer be activated :/

The latest - free - builts don‘t need activation.

I run said version of Musicsope on my Monterey (Intel) Mac without issues.

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

23 minutes ago, copy_of_a said:

The latest - free - builts don‘t need activation.

I run said version of Musicsope on my Monterey (Intel) Mac without issues.

I downloaded from your link and it seems to require activation for some of the features.

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

46 minutes ago, semente said:

I downloaded from your link and it seems to require activation for some of the features.

Same.  I can't find the final, no-activation-required downloads anywhere :(

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

1 hour ago, Miska said:

That's the stuff I described when MQA was introduced and we were comparing file sizes and I demonstrated that it is possible to have better size savings in a totally standard FLAC than with MQA. HQPlayer Pro has similar functionality. (not that Pro would make any sense from business perspective, but since I need it myself, I just drag it along)

I recall that quite well ;) That was the impetus for my purchasing XiFEO in the first place.

Sad they went out of business and did not communicate (at least to me) any "final" builds that did not require activation.