Installed 1.0.5. Initially updated 1.0.4, but still had missing art after deleting the cache, so uninstalled and then did a clean installation. 

Took a few minutes, but 1.0.5 found JRiver and LMS in addition to minimserver, which it always finds immediately. LMS folder view was available immediately, but I then scanned the library, as well.  That was amazingly fast and it did not appear there were major problems. (A few of the albums in the "recently added" listing on the home screen did not display art, but the same albums had the correct artwork on the full, alphabetical album listing, so no big deal.) 

Then, because I prefer JRiver to LMS as my primary library, I removed LMS. The app did not crash afterwards. So far, so good! 

I then added JRiver as the library.  Folder view was available immediately, but I did not spend time with it. I scanned the library instead. It took longer than I recall it taking previously, but completed without incident. Unfortunately there still are many albums without art.  

I emailed 1.0.4 logs yesterday that captured events when I clicked on the albums that did not have art. I will send missing art logs for 1.0.5 later today. 

You are making progress, especially with LMS DLNA libraries! 

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

45 minutes ago, Mike Rubin said:

I have been corresponding with Marcin by email about the JRiver library missing art issues.  I believe he has solved them:  I simply needed to rebuild the JRiver thumbs and rescan the library into JPlay.  I will be watching to see if JPlays scans after changes to the JRiver library  get things out of sync, but, for now, JPlay is working for me as intended.  This is great progress and I thank Marcin for addressing the issue. 

A glitch or two after scanning changed files just now, but I will reach out to Marcin again if I can’t get them under control.

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

• 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, steveoat said:

Marcin,

I am having an issue with JPlay IOS and connecting with HQPlayer embedded.  JPlay sees my HQPlayer embedded, but I keep getting the following error:  "Error sending action to renderer".  My Lumin player is working fine.  Any suggestions on how to fix this problem with HQPlayer embedded?

I also get this message sometimes. Restarting HQPe and then having JPlay search for it again usually resolves that issue, but, when it doesn't, I drop JPlay out of the loop and play directly from the server app, which usually can find a and stream to HQPe even when JPlay cannot. 

The problem with JPlay usually solves itself by my next listening session, so I have assumed that the erratic began up behavior has more to do with my state of the network than JPlay itself, but that isn't the only possible explanation when the servers can reach HQPe either directly from the PC or through their controller apps. If they cannot, however, I the have to restart everything in the chain - PC software, renderer software, controller apps, and, if all that fails, the hardware. 

The days of putting it CD in the tray, checking the input to be sure it is the right one, and pressing "play" are long gone. 

8 minutes ago, steveoat said:

Mike,

Thanks for responding.  What's weird is that I am having the same issue with Audirvana Studio using HQPe.  No problems with Roon and other UPNP devices like Lumin work perfectly with JPlay.  This stuff makes me nuts!!

Yes, I just saw your posts regarding Audirvana and was going to post here that I went through a similar phase yesterday with JPlay and Audirvana both, as well as JRiver. Making sure that HQPlayer.local had the 8088 port address added and then restarting all software and hardware eventually solved the issue, so I assume this particular instance was a network issue. That said, I had recurring access issues with JPlay and not the others afterwards. 

33 minutes ago, steveoat said:

Hi Mike,

Tried your suggestions.  Still no luck.  Posted on the JPlay IOS forum as well HQPe forum so hopefully either Marcin or Miska will have some ideas.  Funny how Roon is the only player than works.  Won't even consider trying JRiver.

Did you check "Safe Transition Mode" for HQPe in JPlay's settings? That makes a difference, I found. 

5 hours ago, steveoat said:

I tried "Safe Transition Mode" and am still having the same problem.  What else do you suggest I try?

Just out of curiosity, @steveoat, are you using an xfinity Xfi modem/router?

I am, and I have wondered whether that is the cause of my chronic connectivity issues. It isn't very configurable, compared to other modern routers, and it definitely has some quirks. 

• 5 months later...

I haven't tried this for awhile because of the 16 bit limitation, but, when I had the LMS DLNA server plug-in operational, I recall that JPlay picked it up as a server on my pick list and would import the library. Unfortunately, I have so many hires files that  it wasn't long before I switched back to minimserver and JRiver as servers. (Those both have issues, as well, but they are unrelated to file format.)

• 5 months later...
36 minutes ago, JazzDoc2 said:

I have just stopped using JPLAY iOS in my dual PC JPLAY Femto setup, six months into my subscription. I found that there were issues with the display of cover art which, while annoying, were not a deal breaker. I stopped using it due to the fact that selecting an album would, on a daily basis, result in the playback of a completely different album, although the JPLAY iOS screen displayed the selected album. All customer support provided by PLAY failed to fix the problem. It's not for me. I've gone back to BubbleUPnP. It doesn't sound quite as good as JPLAY iOS but it works 100% reliably.

When using JRiver as my preferred library, I had similar issues with cover art being incorrect or missing. JPlay tech support worked hard to resolve the issue, which I appreciated, but the workaround was clumsy, unfortunately, so I let my subscription lapse.  Even with the art imprecision, though, I don't recall incorrect tracks playing. Which player do you use for your library? 

On 2/17/2024 at 1:31 PM, JazzDoc2 said:

I use JPLAY Femto in dual PC configuration with Audiophile Optimizer 3 and oryaaaaa's ExtremeStabilizer112

I have tried a number of server apps but not those.  I had some display anomalies in JPlay iOS, but the ones with JRiver were the ones that were most extreme.  Unfortunately, JRiver is my preferred front end, so I decided just to continue to stream either directly from it to my Rendu or through HQPlayer Embedded OS.