IGNORED

HNE switch

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Jean-Michel,
Thank you for sharing, I totally trust your ears. Great you removed DC and clock cables and connectors and several boxes. 

Did you find more technical information about the switch besides the pictures I could find on the Facebook page? Do the other audiophile friends share their experiences somewhere?

You are already convinced but for others this could be an interesting read about audiophile switches: https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/do-i-really-need-an-audio-grade-network-switch.34236/post-787144.

Cheers,
Paul

- - - 

HNE Audio Design https://www.facebook.com/hnelabs

Audiophile Ethernet Switch - MagicNet D1 supreme

image.thumb.jpeg.e1d8b567c7d6583afdf38e8b4d2930de.jpeg

image.thumb.png.a7efde78f70c7be91d9c9c6cb95c1a1d.png

Hi Paul , 

I can give you a few details about this switch. 
The main duty of the switch is to transmit the musical data to the streamer with no or very little electrical pollution .

This electrical pollution comes from : 

- the router 

- the power supply inside the switch 

- the clocks in the switch

To tackle these issues the HNE has 4   very quiet power supply :

- optical - rj45 conversion board 

- clock board 

- Buffalo board 

- Tesla coils board 

These power supplies are DC4 like , they are also using Tesla coil technology ( used by Ansuz ) to lower emi-rfi noise 

They are also using a low noise clock board 

To isolate the noise from the router , it is using optical board .

As a result of all that the HNE switch does deliver musical data with very little noise . The background sound is much more quieter and silent with the HNE than with any other switch I used before .

PCserver Supermicro X11SAA under Daphile  ,Jcat pcie net card ,Etherregen,e-red dock endpoint,powered by LPS 1.2 , SPS 500 , Sean Jacobs level 3 psu,  DAC Audiomat Maestro 3, Nagra Classic Amp , Hattor passive preamplifier , Martin Logan montis

Il y a 18 heures, jean-michel6 a dit :

Hi Paul , 

I can give you a few details about this switch. 
The main duty of the switch is to transmit the musical data to the streamer with no or very little electrical pollution .

This electrical pollution comes from : 

- the router 

- the power supply inside the switch 

- the clocks in the switch

To tackle these issues the HNE has 4   very quiet power supply :

- optical - rj45 conversion board 

- clock board 

- Buffalo board 

- Tesla coils board 

These power supplies are DC4 like , they are also using Tesla coil technology ( used by Ansuz ) to lower emi-rfi noise 

They are also using a low noise clock board 

To isolate the noise from the router , it is using optical board .

As a result of all that the HNE switch does deliver musical data with very little noise . The background sound is much more quieter and silent with the HNE than with any other switch I used before .

Hello everyone and best wishes for 2023
I confirm the words of jean-michel6 I am as Bordeaux as him and happy owner of an switch he replaced a buffalo powered by sean jacobs DC3.
the cap no longer being at the level of the switch it tests me to make the new cap disappear which is located in my opinion at the level of the ethernet cables and the jcat femto network card, a test of jcat xe soon with jean michel will remove the doubt.
Thanks again to jean michel for the HNE discovery.