IGNORED

Article: Atmos Music and Some Current Favorites, Part 1

1 hour ago, jrango said:

My basic point remains: changing polarity, especially for European produced multichannel recordings, is worth a try. 

Absolutely. In most systems it’s simple to try. 

When Peter McGrath from Wilson was here, he frequently flipped the polarity, using my preamp remote, when listening to stereo recordings.  

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 1 month later...

Quoting out of the article:

Atmos music has really changed my life. Supplementing my two channel listening with a completely different and immersive option is truly a game changer, in a way that makes all other "game changers" deserved of quotation marks.

I came back to this article today with a new appreciation of what Chris has been talking about. My 7.1.4 system is now operational.   My office is on one end of the new listening space and my workshop is on the other.  I like having music on in the background as a calming and noise covering mechanism.  I am finishing some year end projects and moving between the office and the shop a lot, and  as I walk through the listening room I can feel the sound change, I think it is the audible equivalent of walking into a Snow Globe with the snow falling gently down around you. "Truly Magical"