IGNORED

Apple Music and Mercedes‑Benz bring premium immersive Spatial Audio to drivers worldwide

I wish Apple / other manufacturers would get into this - all newer cars have multichannel capabilities.  If Apple would update CarPlay to allow surround processing, I'd think most cars could support it, given they already allow volume, etc., per channel, so it's not just "all-channel stereo".

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

So here's a question, if you had $120,000 to spend on Spatial Audio.  Would you buy one of these cars with the Bumester option ticked or invest in a Trinnov Pre with some sort of amplifier/speaker/room treatment/plus the install into your home space?

If they can get this system in say an E-series then more people will have a chance of hearing it.  For now it's only for the rich.  Since these are all $100,000 vechicles without the Burmester stereo.

I'd choose the car.

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

5 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I love the question!

I’d choose the home system. Can listen much more and easier and better sounding. 

I kind of figured that.  But your sytem crushes everything else.

If I get one of the electric cars, I can sit in my garage with the heat and massage function on and forget about life 😉

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet