IGNORED

Roon Arc and Mobile

On 9/21/2022 at 12:13 AM, R1200CL said:

Well, there are services like Hue, Netatmo, IFTTT, and I consider them quite safe. 

Hue and Netatmo don't use or need UPnP IGD. They just talk to their respective manufacturer cloud services and controls from the internet are proxied through the cloud API. When control is within the local network, then control connections happen within the local network. There's no direct access from outside to these devices.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Hi,

I have been dealing with error message for my Roon ARC in the past two days, and finally got it solved (which is very simple), hopefully can able to help here.

In Australia, most of the Modem comes as a Modem + Router, therefore, we if we added another Router then the error message appears. What we need to do is to set the Modem as Bridge Mode (for Telstra Modem is easy just one click), once done, go to Router, enable UPnP and should able to solve, in case still does not work then enable port forwarding

Screen Shot 2022-09-24 at 1.06.59 pm.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-24 at 1.07.15 pm.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-24 at 1.07.29 pm.png

B&W 800 Diamond D2, Goldmund Eidos Reference CD, Goldmund Telos 600, Goldmund Mimesis 32, Cello Audio Palette MIV.[br]MacBook Pro, LIO, Mytek 192, HD800, Luxman SQ-38U, Luxman MQ-88u

It’s almost always better to use your own router and put your ISP box in bridge. 

Here is my cute little box. Full DHCP server. An extremely well firewall. Full VPN support.

https://store.lightningwirelabs.com/products/IPFIRE-MINI-EU-R1

And you can even make your own network for audio if use the SW creative. 

The SW is free, and can be downloaded here, so you can test it out if you have some available HW

https://www.ipfire.org/

D486605C-8A27-494B-9D8B-2E57AFA185F2.jpeg

BA2F9404-DC66-4327-8449-0902AB79D25F.jpeg

CD7AD176-EA63-4D99-B4CC-2743B4282EEB.jpeg

• 3 months later...

Took a while to get manual port forwarding to work on our AT&T wireless router, but finally got it. Went for a drive, and Roon ARC on my phone wouldn’t connect. Then Norton 360 on the laptop that houses my Roon core had a freakout.

Oh, well. No ARC for me, I guess. I knew there was a reason I spent all that extra $ for a 1Tb phone …

Office: MacBook Pro - Audirvana Plus - Resonessence Concero - Cavailli Liquid Carbon - Sennheiser HD 800.

Travel/Portable: iPhone 7 or iPad Pro - AudioQuest Dragonfly Red - Audeze SINE or Noble Savant