IGNORED

Article: DIY Music Server and Streamer for the Audio Hobbyist

1 hour ago, bobfa said:

There are three entries in the Wi-Fi settings, you have to get right SSID Password and Country:

6592428_ScreenShot2021-12-29at9_38_15AM.thumb.png.33bf416e849c6f9328ebf21b2f7fde46.png 

I did fill the country code as “IN” & also given a SSID password, does it need to be the same password that my router has been set with or a new one?

I’m wondering, since I followed the links & settings given in your thread which encouraged wired Ethernet connection. Should I just wipe the slate (SDXC card)  clean & start from scratch? 

• 1 month later...

Hi Bob I am trying to set up wifi, and i get no joy.
I have set up static ips for both the server and player.
I see the mac addresses in the router with both being associated and authorised.
both the cabled and wifi Ips work on Chrome when cabled.
I shut down the player, remove the ethernet cable, and ............ nothing.

The other really good news is my Shanti and Nirvana power supplies arrived
and they are both excellent upgrades to my system.
Looking forward to trying wi fi only Pis.

Thanks Bob, I will give it a try.
I am also thinking about running another Pi player with video output so I can see and hear high quality videos without compromising the sound.
LMS has a multi player feature with syncing.
Have you tried it?
Do you think it work for bi amping or double system audio video?
Peter.

• 1 month later...

Hi Bob,
I contacted the guy who developed the youtube app for LMS.  It doesn't do video at all so I can't do double system video/sound using two Pi's in sync.  Thought you would like to know.
I see you are selling USB cables because you don't connect your Dacs via USB at present.
What are you doing now to connect to the Dacs?
I have a Pi4 player connected via usb to an ADI Dac or a Pontus2.
What do you recommend?
Thanks, Peter.

Peter,

My main system: the Heavenly Soundworks 517 active speakers have digital inputs.  I have been feeding them with a Pi2AES and a Mercury streamer with AES.    In the system I am playing with now the Dali Calisto 2C and the Dali Sound Hub the DACs are also in the speakers.  The pilot system in the basement using an Arcam SA30 that has the streamer and DAC integrated.

#FututreFi

I cannot recommend anything really.  I am simplifying my systems. For me the complexity just got frustrating.

Bob

• 1 month later...

Hi Bob,

I am testing PGGB and wondering if piCorePlayer can ingest a large upsampled wav file and downsample it to 192K for the PI2AES? Or would that be more of a LMS function?

Qobuz - HQPlayer(d) 5 - M1 Mini - RPI 5 8gb - Nuc i7 - Signature Silver DC - Keces P3 PS - Lush USB - Holo Spring Dac - SRC-DX - Chord Mojo2 - Bottlehead Crack Upgraded w/ GEC or Tung-Sol 6as7/vt231 - Triode Wire Labs AC - HD-650 - GR Research V2 - Dennis Murphy Pioneer BS22 - B&W 602 S2 - Apple Music Spatial 7.1.4

• 3 months later...