IGNORED

What system would you buy if you had unlimited resources.?

7 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Can I park my cars outside and turn my garage into a listening studio?  ;-)

Of course! Even a swimming pool!

7 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Honestly, I am not sure. There would be a lot of listening required before I made a choice.

No time for that, you have to choose right now based on your knowledge and Google.. 

No listening tests - that's one more rule..

39 minutes ago, MarkusBarkus said:

...but actually, I'd get a pair of those MBL reference speakers *only* because I host a lot of hot-shot scientists and I could completely befuddle them, and tell them I'm experimenting with time travel, because those babies are *freaky* cool looking. 

I once said 'no' to MBL distributor regarding his proposal of 'having a listen'. I think I was afraid they might transport me back to the times when there was no good audio x-D My employee who was with me had never forgiven me that! x-D 

1 hour ago, AudioDoctor said:

I would put a microphone under water in the pool and make recordings of MQA and non MQA for us to debate the merits and sonics of...

..of underwater acoustics.? A very interesting topic..

I'm actually thinking quite seriously about making an open water diving certificate so might want to go back to this..

9 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

How many small towns does he provide heat for with 800 watt class A tube amps?

👍 I had 60 such watts, it was enough for my back then 25m2 listening room.. The balcony door had usually to stay open during listening in summer (the climate was much colder in the 90s!)

51 minutes ago, accwai said:

Which Kondo model would meet drive requirements for the speakers in question?

Maybe Kaguras in bi- or tri-amping configuration would work with huge Wilsons but probably would only almost work though, I somehow tend to believe.

Beside that, frankly - I didn't suspect @The Computer Audiophile would like a tube amplification.

7 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I love Winston's room, not his audio system.

19 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

When it comes to gear I dream about, probably a full Kondo electronics system,

As for me..

A couple of these.

[IMG]

A couple of these.

[IMG]
[IMG]

These. A search for a better CD/SACD transport probably wouldn't make sense but given a chance I would love to compare the DCS with e.g. Audiomeca Mephisto or belt CEC in this regard.

[IMG]

And I would only need some server with 10TB HD, would probably need some time to decide :)

PS. Since we're talking an unlimited budget I would add some cool gramophone - to play some of the LPs which have been stored in my garage for years..

But mostly to look at!  9_9 

E.g. one of these (BTW I think a something like that could also acoustically dump the floor in a meaningful way B|) :

1.jpg

10 hours ago, seeteeyou said:

The list could go on and on but not really sure about what one could accomplish with around $200 billion these days.

In my experience (which I admit is extremely limited, practically null) not much.

On 8/17/2021 at 2:40 PM, Iving said:

ouch

(mould)

I have no mercy for oldschool formats ;)

On 8/18/2021 at 6:31 AM, cjf said:

Audionet

Great gear, little known in the US, I guess.

20 hours ago, Confused said:

I have never heard Genelec speakers

I've only heard their not expensive monitors in a friend's studio and just like in case of most studio monitors, frankly, I wasn't particularly impressed. But they probably measure well...B|

11 hours ago, kumakuma said:

Yes, not everyone has the same taste in music.

For example, my wife likes to listen to Enya while painting... 🤮

http://nationalnitwit.blogspot.com/2007/02/woman-recalls-enya-music-hypnosis.html

I guess it's true - the first comment under the article:

'Enya sucks worse than anything has ever sucked in the history of sucky things.'

Not yours, I guess.(?) ;)

11 hours ago, MarkusBarkus said:

...sail away, sail away, sail away. 

How about..?

image.jpeg.ec37d739d44bb0ade4da5090b7b23f38.jpeg or image.jpeg.f43ff738fc8bcab70bf7e64e3bf6de34.jpeg

1 hour ago, Confused said:

Per the OP of this thread, I do not think that "E" has truly unlimited recourses for audio, but not far off though.

That's ok..

1 hour ago, Confused said:

My friend "E" up the road is fond of Roberts radios

Strange choice for someone who likes mostly hip hop..

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

To be honest, I don't think I am aware of most of the ultra high end stuff because I have never bothered to educate myself on it.

Uneducated doctor.? That sounds dangerous ;)

1 hour ago, JoeWhip said:

This hobby, for me, is a path to enjoy my music, not to spend Uber sums and listen to gear,

Same here, my music is actually worth more than my gear. At least theoretically, that is (taking into account the money paid)..B|

IMO uber-expensive & uber-good(!) but mismatched components or not matched to a given room or in a bad 'sounding' room can be beaten by a cheaper, well matched system, but still in case of a good(!) and expensive gear we can get more. While loosing more.. $$$ of course B|

So.. 

3 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

C'mon you can afford everything (on this thread, that is) :D

;)

5 hours ago, Kimo said:

My speakers would be these.  I could always melt them down when times got tough.

https://luxurylaunches.com/gadgets/hart_audio_offering_47_million_solid_gold_speakers.php

And for my spekaer cables:

https://analysis.plus/product/gold-oval-speaker-cables/

Finally someone's talking a little more serious price range here 9_9

Love this description from the cable company: 

"Our Gold Oval Speaker Cables utilize our patented oval design partnered with pure gold over Oxygen Free copper to create a Litz wire without equal. 100% shielded coverage, meticulously designed conductive sheath eliminates microphonic movement noise, proprietary FEP dielectric provides the optimal impedance with made in the USA quality.

This is an heirloom quality cable with a noise floor so low that goose bumps, tears and magical moments from the past come alive."

Do your speaker cables do that, guys.?

B|

1 hour ago, BlueSkyy said:

My cables don't move, even microscopically,

My cables grow over time..

They even have sex life.. (the ones on the photo are pregnant)

x-D

1483896441_cablemonster.thumb.jpg.f09948180a840e4f32ea29b238fe53bc.jpg

BTW if someone's interested I've got a dozen brown and very short (for now!) interconnects and also speaker cables for sale. They sound very alive!

It's also a business opportunity..

;)

19 minutes ago, Kimo said:

Who here doesn't want a "liquid amp?"

https://www.onlycreative.it/products/liquidamp

Me. I want Opera Only 120 000 W amp from the same company.

https://www.onlycreative.it/opera-only

19 minutes ago, Kimo said:

Excellent idea during these inflationary times!   And how about the bronze for the kitchen and silver for the study?  "Limited to 99 pairs in Bronze $62,000, 5 pairs in Sterling Silver $313,000, and 1 pair in 100Kg’s of 18ct Gold for$4.7 million."   "Because when a man wants what he wants, a man wants what he wants!"  

Value of all audio gear should increase over time!

Especially of the cables.

59 minutes ago, BlueSkyy said:

Two and a few older models that aren’t NIB.

Sounds as if they had sex life too...

Barter.?

3 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

1483896441_cablemonster.thumb.jpg.f09948180a840e4f32ea29b238fe53bc.jpg

BTW if someone's interested I've got a dozen brown and very short (for now!) interconnects and also speaker cables for sale. They sound very alive!

It's also a business opportunity..

;)