IGNORED

Article: Ramar Record Brush

7 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I haven't a need for such product, without a turntable, but I still enjoy fine craftsmanship and good people. I've heard great things about Ramar.

Chris... you need one just to look at the craftsmanship and that ever so satisfying "clack" when the magnets lock in place... it's hilarious how that little bit of detail highlights the experience and use for me... like hearing a vintage 80s Mercedes door snap in place. They don't build them like they used to... 

21 hours ago, bbosler said:

I have no problem if somebody wants to pay $340 for a brush just for the bling factor or bragging rights, but I would want it to be the best performing brush for that kind of money. Not a brush expert but I do see the value in using one. So is this brush actually superior in function or a Timex vs. Rolex kind of thing.

Pretty sure it’s the best brush I’ve used. How much better is it compared to a $20 Audioquest labeled brush? No clue. The contact patch is a lot wider, the carbon fibers and goat hair is no doubt of far superior quality, so from the get go the materials used are at an advantage. It works supremely well and each time I hear that magnetic clack, I feel like the brush did it’s job. ✌

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I use a Furutech Destat III before play and a DS Audio Ionizer during play so static isn't much of an issue.  Carbon fiber brushes have always been a frustration.  I'm visually impaired but therefore have the luxury of a desktop 10X CCTV desktop scanner I=with which I can view a record. It confirms my opinion that carbon brushes in general mainly move dust around.  There's always plenty visible after using a carbon brush.  But, if you take an adhesive lint brush roller, run it over a clean countertop a few types to "tame" it, then flick your carbon brush against it, it both cleans the brush and also helps picks up better with no observed, sonically or visually, impact on the lp.  Having said that, the brush here intrigues me.

Audio Research DAC8, Mac mini w/8g ram, SSD, Amarra full version, Audio Research REF 5SE Preamp, Sutherland Phd, Ayre V-5, Vandersteen 5A\'s, Audioquest Wild and Redwood cabling, VPI Classic 3 w/Dynavector XX2MkII