IGNORED

Objectivity is based on subjective experience

erin

1 hour ago, MarkusBarkus said:

...does this include the majority of the people comprising Africa and Asia, who I understand, were not all following the concepts of Greece and Rome in their respective civilization arcs? 

I suppose you *might* reply since we're reading the Roman alphabet on the internet from a site based in North America that this is the relevant reference.

Sorry to put words in your (or anyone's mouth actually) mouth, but these arguments are very old, and very tired.

To me they illustrate the role of inherent biases and limitations perfectly, as they are completely blind to their own blindspots. In that regard, they are perfect.

Unfortunately, yes. I am living part of the year in India for more than a decade now, and also travel a lot in the countries which the West ignorantly and narcissistically marked as the "third world", and can't help but notice how global trends are destroying identity and culture everywhere. 

10 minutes ago, March Audio said:

Erm that's exactly what it does.

Why does "real time" processing degrade the SQ?  What interference path?

Define system integrity.

So why do you conspicuously avoid any science?

Umm, you do know what non-linear distortion is?

In the case of the DEQX, it used less than stellar power supplies in the original versions - I listened to a unit where this area had been modded; but it still had warm up issues - there was a moment where it almost did a click! uptick to the SQ - before this moment there was a mediocrity to the sound, and afterwards, it was a much better standard. Of course, if it was using a purely digital path through the unit then these considerations should figure much less - but it wasn't, in this particular setup.

System integrity simply refers to every part of the chain being as good as necessary to not add discernible anomalies - nearly all playback setups fall short; which is why they sound like a hifi system, rather than be convincing.

Science is used to solve problems in getting accurate playback - it's brought into play when it needs to be.

4 minutes ago, opus101 said:

Which you hope to see only if/when quoted by others? Isn't that rather hit-and-miss?

And there you go proving my point

I live in hope that you will one day make some useful on topic contributions instead of pointless comments designed to provoke circular arguments. 😛

2 minutes ago, opus101 said:

Individuals make up the entirety of humankind. I'm not putting forward the notion that 'greed, selfishness....' are the problems, you are. Under the scientific method its the one making the assertions who's called on to provide support for them.

I'm afraid you missed the point, and instead focused on tangents and semantics. There were no scientific claims made, other than an observation that science is a tool used by humans, sometimes for selfish and irrational purposes.

7 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Umm, you do know what non-linear distortion is?

In the case of the DEQX, it used less than stellar power supplies in the original versions - I listened to a unit where this area had been modded; but it still had warm up issues - there was a moment where it almost did a click! uptick to the SQ - before this moment there was a mediocrity to the sound, and afterwards, it was a much better standard. Of course, if it was using a purely digital path through the unit then these considerations should figure much less - but it wasn't, in this particular setup.

System integrity simply refers to every part of the chain being as good as necessary to not add discernible anomalies - nearly all playback setups fall short; which is why they sound like a hifi system, rather than be convincing.

Science is used to solve problems in getting accurate playback - it's brought into play when it needs to be.

Frankbot you are just repeating the same nebulous nonsense you have saying for years.

How did you establish the deqx supplies were inadequate or it had warm up issues?

5 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

I'm afraid you missed the point, and instead focused on tangents and semantics. There were no scientific claims made, other than an observation that science is a tool used by humans, sometimes for selfish and irrational purposes.

I was referring to these words of yours :

Place the blame where it really belongs: human beings being selfish, greedy, and irrational even where it comes to our own survival as a species.

So that claim wasn't a scientific one?

18 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

The best wines in my experience were by no means always the most expensive. For me, they were better only partly because of quality or taste, it also mattered how, when and with whom.

The two I mentioned weren't super expensive, at the time purchased - above normal pricing, but justified by the extra attention given to them by the winemaker.

I differ about other factors being important - both situations were relatively everyday when I had them, but the only thought I took away from the particular times was the sheer pleasure in consuming the contents of the bottle.